PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

derstuka
11-18-2006, 02:10 PM
well, new/used that is. My new/used 1998 Honda VFR800. Picked her up about three weeks ago after I sold the big fizzer (Yamaha FZR1000). I just got back from a 390+ mile ride from 7am this morning of pure sweet twisty/curvy/winding/a pure slice of heaven back roads. That might not sound like much to Accadacca, but keep in mind that this was on 90% windy roads, and mostly all entirely within San Diego County, with a dab into Imperial county.

Oh, incase anyone asks, the brackets/racks on the back are for removable Givi hardcase saddlebags. Think I might leave them on, as they are so handy, and they do not look that bad on the bike either. The ole girl looks so purty with her single-sided swingarm out back.

Enjoy...

accadacca
11-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Kewl...nice looking ride. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
11-18-2006, 08:11 PM
oh man, you ass.

derstuka
11-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks. I didn't know if I should post the pics because we don't have too many sportbike people on here. Kinda like talking about recipes in front of a crowd of people watching football.

Reedus
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Ho contraire. The only motorcycles I have owned were all sport bikes. First one was a 92 CBR 600 F2, the next one was a GSXR 600 (which I totaled on Deer Creek dam), after that was a Yamaha R6 which I didn't really like, so I sold it and bought a 98 CBR 900 bumblebee yellow. I probably would have killed myself on it had my wife not made me sell it.

nelsonccc
11-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I had a '99 GSXR 750 that i absolutely loved. It was all raced out, custom pneumatic shifter, bored engine, alarm, racing cams, etc.. One night i had it locked to the covered parking post with the alarm on. I came out about midnight to throw some garbage away and it was gone, stolen. I called the police, they called back at 6 the next morning. They'd found it on a nearby golf course totally destroyed. Some kids has stole it and were jumping it off the cart path and onto the green. Red and black plastic everywhere. I lamented to the greensworker about the bike to which he replied that the green was going to need to be redone and that was going to cost $11,000. My wife convinced me not to get another one and to send the insurance money to my student loans. I miss it every time a bike goes by here in Vegas. Good luck with your new toy.

Reedus
11-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow. That 98 CBR 900 was also stolen, but recovered. The guy has stripped everything off of it and placed it on another frame, so when they pulled him over on it, the title came up clean. The only way they got him was the engine number and the VIN did not match. I got it back and spent about 2 grand restoring it to the way it was and then sold it. I also got 5500 out of the guy who stole it in a civil court case and he actually paid it, so I came out on top.