PDA

View Full Version : OJ... Book Deal?

Madge
11-16-2006, 11:12 AM
So, I thought I would kick myself off with a topic of some controversy. I see that you are all into these kinds of topics...

What do you think of this OJ Simpson charade? :ne_nau:

rockgremlin
11-16-2006, 11:26 AM
He's a murderer, and everyone knows it.

I can remember watching a Chris Rock standup routine back when this whole O.J. thing was big in the news. I can still remember a quote that Chris Rock delivered on stage during his routine about the whole O.J. fiasco:

"As much as I'd like to prop a brutha up......that mutha f**a is guilty!!!"

His own community considers him a murderer.

Win
11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I despise this murdering SOB, I cannot believe FOX is going to do the interview with him. I'm seriously considering limiting FOX to the O'Reilly Factor, gotta get my rightwing fix.

At the time of his trial I managed an inner city tire business in Newark, NJ.
We let all the emplyees come into the showromm at the time of the verdict.
When "not guilty" was announced they all cheered and high 5d each other. I wanted to fire everyone of them but somethings just can't be done.

Win

Brewhaha
11-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I can't believe he has the nerve to keep revisiting it. If it were me, I would go into hiding and hope the world forgot. He just keeps milking and milking it.

asdf
11-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Bill O'Reilly ... do we really think he is better than OJ?

Cirrus2000
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Bill O'Reilly ... do we really think he is better than OJ?
Hmmm... The only right wing talking head I can handle is Colbert. Now there's someone whose biases I can get behind!

OJ? Guilty!

James_B_Wads2000
11-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I am always pimping Frontline, but they did a episode about the O.J. Simpson verdict 10 years lately. I was an interesting time in history where a rich black man could srew the justice system just like a rich white man. And one of the only times where a black man screwed the system instead of get screwed.

Watch it here online:

The O.J. Verdict (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oj/view/)

On October 3, 1995, an estimated 150 million people stopped what they were doing to witness the televised verdict of the O.J. Simpson trial. For more than a year, the O.J. saga transfixed the nation and dominated the public imagination. Ten years later, veteran FRONTLINE producer Ofra Bikel revisits the "perfect storm" that was the O.J. Simpson trial. Through extensive interviews with the defense, prosecution and journalists, FRONTLINE explores the verdict -- which, more than any other in recent history, measured the difference between being white and black in America.

James

Sombeech
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
I forget, when is he going on Fox?

goofball
11-16-2006, 09:56 PM
oj has some serious issues...

i REALLY feel sorry for his kids. you know they know what he is. and now he's milking it for a payday. poor kids...

asdf
11-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Oj was far to good of a running back to be convicted of a murder :naughty:

Windwalker
11-17-2006, 08:21 AM
It is literally all about money, oj got one of the best legal team money could buy. A normal man in the same situation would have been convicted because of the lack of finances. I get to see it a lot in court, those that can afford the "best" have the "best" chance of getting off, sad but true. With all of its flaws we do have the best judicial legal system in the world.

asdf
11-17-2006, 09:10 AM
It is literally all about money, oj got one of the best legal team money could buy. A normal man in the same situation would have been convicted because of the lack of finances. I get to see it a lot in court, those that can afford the "best" have the "best" chance of getting off, sad but true. With all of its flaws we do have the best judicial legal system in the world.

What if he didnt do it... just what if.

Windwalker
11-17-2006, 02:44 PM
What if he didnt do it... just what if.

"IF" he didn't do it the system served him well, but he'd still be paying horrible price for something he didn't do. 'Just per chance he didn't do it"

I've often thought it best a dozen quilty men go free than one innocent man be convicted. But oj pushes that thought to the extreme...... I've watch documentaries on innocent people being convicten and sent to jail or prison. I believe there are innocent people in prison that wouldn't be there if they'd of had oj's dream team. A whole different topic, not to mention it's a can of worms to bring up...

Be aware I tend to put my size nine foot in my size eight mouth at times.
So you may find me trying to explain myself every now an again.

Just my two bits worth, JR

Windwalker
11-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Scott Card,

Where are you on this subject? Being of a legal mind you must have some interesting thoughts about the book?

JR

Scott Card
11-20-2006, 03:55 PM
What book? what interview?..... Both are cancelled.... Finally someone at Fox had the good sense to do the right thing and nix this stupid idea.

donny h
11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey OJ, how's the search for the real killer going? :haha:

rockgremlin
11-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey OJ, how's the search for the real killer going? :haha:

:roflol: :roflol: Ya! No kidding!!