PDA

View Full Version : seafood restaurant suggestions ?

goofball
11-14-2006, 08:08 PM
this year my sons b-day falls right on thanksgiving, so he wants a fancy smancy meal to celebrate the 2. he decided he wants to try lobster. anyone have a good recommendation to give for spiny lobster dining ?

Sombeech
11-14-2006, 08:54 PM
hmmm, lobster. Everybody says Red Lobster, but I like McGrath's Fish House

offpiste
11-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Market Street Grill, pricey but good

Windwalker
11-14-2006, 09:18 PM
hmmm, lobster. Everybody says Red Lobster, but I like McGrath's Fish House

I'm in agreement with Sombeech. McGrath's is the better of the two plus we just seem more comfortable there, Atmosphere - Abience. Not mention the food is just plain better tasting.

"Joe's Crab Shack" (?) has a party atmosphere about it, but the one in Orem I believe closed down.

Joe Gardner
11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Make it at home! :D

I remember helping my mom catch and cook crayfish when I was a kid. I have fond memories of tossing live animals into hot water and watching them change color as a kid...

James_B_Wads2000
11-15-2006, 06:36 AM
There is a Joe's Crab Shack still open in Jordan Commons. It would be fun for a kid, too much noise for me. I would try there or Red Lobster because they would be cheaper. I mean if it

DickHead
11-15-2006, 06:54 AM

Ditto. Spend the coin on good food for the boy.
Red Lobster and Mcgraths suck.

goofball
11-15-2006, 07:40 AM
thansk for all the advice. i was thinking cheaper because he may not like it. but i like the good shit, and since it is my meal too... and why not start him off right ? the better it is prepared the better chance he'll like it. i'lll probably take him to one of the market streets. oysters on teh 1/2 shell :slobber:

c'mon thanksgiving ! (man i like to eat good food)

rockgremlin
11-15-2006, 07:41 AM

Ditto. Spend the coin on good food for the boy.
Red Lobster and Mcgraths suck.

Can't agree more!!