PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Revenge

Sombeech
11-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Remember the fiasco I was in about a year ago when I made that video about my CEO's?

I just learned this morning that the guy who fired me, is now canned.

Who fired him? A guy he hired 2 years ago! :roflol:

tanya
11-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Remember the fiasco I was in about a year ago when I made that video about my CEO's?

I just learned this morning that the guy who fired me, is now canned.

Who fired him? A guy he hired 2 years ago! :roflol:

Tell the tale for those of us who were not around. :nod:

Sombeech
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
It was a dark and stormy night.

The CEOs were stirring. They thought, "We MUST emphasize the mission statement to every soul." So, they made an incredibly boring video, 16 minutes of sheer hell, explaining how great and grand the company was.

They sent it out to every employee, and that same day I chopped it up. I added sound clips from Tommy Boy, Napoleon Dynamite, Austin Powers, and Seinfeld to dub over the talking heads.

I sent it to a few friends. It went nationwide, to over 900 stores, within 4 days. I got a call from the CEO. He was mad. You do not dishonor him. He is mighty.

So, my boss - a different idiot, put me on suspension. While on suspension, I got another job. That same boss is the one that just got canned. :2thumbs:

PunchKing
11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
That is what he gets for not being able to take a joke.

Loooosssseeeerrr!

R
11-14-2006, 09:28 AM
The higher-ups in my corporation have been recently emphasizing that we are "market-driven." At the next staff meeting, I am temped to raise my hand and say, "Um, there's no market for turds."

:roflol:

PunchKing
11-14-2006, 09:39 AM
The higher-ups in my corporation have been recently emphasizing that we are "market-driven." At the next staff meeting, I am temped to raise my hand and say, "Um, there's no market for turds."

:roflol:

Richard, you sell poop. That is really weird!! I do think that you are right though not much demand for sh!t

or is there?

rockgremlin
11-14-2006, 09:43 AM
have you got a link to that video you made? I'd like to see it again...

tanya
11-14-2006, 09:43 AM
It was a dark and stormy night.

The CEOs were stirring. They thought, "We MUST emphasize the mission statement to every soul." So, they made an incredibly boring video, 16 minutes of sheer hell, explaining how great and grand the company was.

They sent it out to every employee, and that same day I chopped it up. I added sound clips from Tommy Boy, Napoleon Dynamite, Austin Powers, and Seinfeld to dub over the talking heads.

I sent it to a few friends. It went nationwide, to over 900 stores, within 4 days. I got a call from the CEO. He was mad. You do not dishonor him. He is mighty.

So, my boss - a different idiot, put me on suspension. While on suspension, I got another job. That same boss is the one that just got canned. :2thumbs:

I suppose you did it on company time too :lol8:

Sombeech
11-14-2006, 09:45 AM
have you got a link to that video you made? I'd like to see it again...

I had to remove it for fear of being sued. I can email it to you if you like.

accadacca
11-14-2006, 09:47 AM
We'll of course we have to see the video again...

rockgremlin
11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
jeatchel@lisbonvalley.com

I'd be surprised if you don't get more requests...it was funny!

DiscGo
11-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah that really does stir an interest.

Sombeech
11-14-2006, 10:01 AM
jeatchel@lisbonvalley.com

I'd be surprised if you don't get more requests...it was funny!

I sent it to you. (it's from Chrissy Hansen :2thumbs: ) ... just in case this gets out, I don't want it tied to me.

If you want to forward it, please erase the original sender info. Thanks.

shagster
11-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey lets see a copy of this video. I need to do something like that for my supervisor, maybe I can get some ideas..... :nod:

Iceaxe
11-14-2006, 12:34 PM
that same day I chopped it up. I added sound clips from Tommy Boy, Napoleon Dynamite, Austin Powers, and Seinfeld to dub over the talking heads.

Heck.... they should have put in marketing where they could have benefited from your creative genius :five:

savanna3313
11-14-2006, 12:46 PM
I'd like to see it too. Email it to me when you get the chance. I promise not to forward it on to anyone else.

savanna3313@yahoo.com

Thanks! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
11-14-2006, 08:53 PM
I'd like to see it too. Email it to me when you get the chance. I promise not to forward it on to anyone else.

savanna3313@yahoo.com

You may or may not have received this from me.....

savanna3313
11-14-2006, 10:29 PM

savanna3313@yahoo.com

You may or may not have received this from me.....

Too bad the powers that be didn't have a sense of humor. It's hilarious!!

Cirrus2000
11-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Too bad the powers that be didn't have a sense of humor. It's hilarious!!

OK, I gotta - could you send it to me too, please? cirrus2000@telus.net

1989, I worked in a granite processing plant. The management of the plant were really cheap bastards. One midnight shift, another fellow and I made up a bunch of signs saying things like: "Due to cutbacks, toilet paper will be available from the office at $0.10 a sheet", and "Messes left in the lunch room will result in a cleaning fee being docked from your check" etc. We put up about 20 signs like this around the lunch room. The day shifters came in, looked at the signs, and had a good laugh. They took down the signs and tossed them in the garbage. One of the guys took them out of the garbage and into the office.

I got a call saying not to come in that night. Gone.

Talked to labor relations board, they said no way - the company had every right to fire me. So I gave them copies of pay statements and time records - the company wasn't paying overtime properly - and I got about $1200 in back pay.

Three weeks later, new owners bought the place, fired the cheap bastards and the weasel, and hired me back - for more money! :haha:

greyhair biker
11-15-2006, 02:31 AM
I got passed up for a few foreman positions because when the mine supervisor asked me what problem area I'd address in the mine & how I'd go about fixing it ...I told him. I guess I shouldnt have told him that if I ran my business the way it was currently being ran that I;d be out of business. :ne_nau:

savanna3313
11-15-2006, 08:08 AM
I got passed up for a few foreman positions because when the mine supervisor asked me what problem area I'd address in the mine & how I'd go about fixing it ...I told him. I guess I shouldnt have told him that if I ran my business the way it was currently being ran that I;d be out of business. :ne_nau:

You must have agitated his dots....... :haha:

Sombeech
11-15-2006, 02:23 PM
OK, I gotta - could you send it to me too, please? cirrus2000@telus.net

Before I send this to anybody else, I've really got to figure out if I can get in trouble or not. I need to know what the statute of limitations is on something like that, and if I can get in trouble if somebody else forwards it to somebody.

This is a multi billion dollar company, and at one time, the legal department was discussing my name.

Iceaxe
11-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Before I send this to anybody else, I've really got to figure out if I can get in trouble or not.

Your in luck.... I have the answers.... since I'm such a smartass I have been threatened with several lawsuits in the past and here is what my kickass lawyer told me.

1) it is not defamation to render an opinion about anyone.

2) it is not defamation to talk about a 'public figure.' A public figure is someone who injects themselves into the public view in a particular area; i.e., head of a public company or company that services the public. Once you do that, you are fair game for public comment. That is why the National Enquirer gets to bash on celebrities.

3) in order to prove defamation, the plaintiff must show that the following statements are all true.
a) factually false when made.
b) issued with reckless disregard to the potential falsity.
c) actually damaging (you must show that the statements cost money).

It's the prove that what you did actually cost money that is extremely difficult to prove. So just post the freakin' vid to the web.... and stop being such a candyass. :lol8:

Put the vid in the Members Only section if you want and then it can't be located with a search engine and only those who actually read these posts will know where to look.

:cool2:

And if ya get sued don't blame me cause I ain't no lawyer :lol8:

Sombeech
11-15-2006, 03:07 PM
And if ya get sued don't blame me cause I ain't no lawyer :lol8:

Ahhhh, yeah, you bastard. :lol8:

Scott Card
11-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Hate to throw cold water on Ice and his lawyer but anyone can sue for any thing and cost the person getting sued a lot of money simply to defend the crappy case. Big businesses have hired guns simply to shut people up. Shane is generally correct on what needs to be proved to win but winning is not the only motive for filing a suit particularly for those who can afford to screw with people. Also, I would argue that a CEO may not be a "public figure" in most cases thereby lowering the standard to be proved. In other words, a public figure is more difficult to defame, non-public figure is easier to defame.

With that said, if losing a suit is your fear rather than being sued, and if the video is an obvious spoof, you may not have anything to worry about. I have not seen the video so (like every good lawyer) I cannot give you an opinion on your situation without more detail. However, if being sued is your fear, that depends on who you tick off. The wrong weenie with money can make a person's life miserable. Another factor is that if they were to prove defamation, the defamation would be wide spread. You have probably heard the story of the person spreading rumors and who asked a wise man what to do to make it right? The wise man told him to take feathers and put them on the door step of those to whom he told the rumor. He did that and went back to the wise man and asked what to do next. The wise man said to go back and pick up the feathers. The man said that was impossible because the wind had blown them away. Well.... the moral to the story is that the internet is a hurricane.

Now that you may be worried again, your real threat is in getting sued not necessarily in winning a law suit. This looks like a very defensible case but ...... big weenie with big money plus desire to hurt you = law suit you have to pay big money to defend.

Sombeech
11-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Yes, it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong. It only matters how long you can last negotiating back and forth. My bank roll is -- well, I have no bank roll.

Iceaxe
11-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Hate to throw cold water on Ice and his lawyer but anyone can sue for any thing and cost the person getting sued a lot of money simply to defend the crappy case.

The counterpoint is it takes money and time to sue someone (In business money and time are the same thing). You really think the CEO wants to mess with ya to get nothing in return? I mean if he gets everything you own its still nothing after the time and money he spends.

I guess I was lucky... the last person who threatened to sue me didn't have any money and I knew it. :lol8:

I still think Sombeech is a candyass..... I'd post the video and let the chips fall where they may..... but that's just the way I roll.... :nod:

:2thumbs:

Scott Card
11-16-2006, 04:33 PM
The counterpoint is it takes money and time to sue someone (In business money and time are the same thing). You really think the CEO wants to mess with ya to get nothing in return? I mean if he gets everything you own its still nothing after the time and money he spends.

Yes, no question there are many people out there that are willing to "mess with ya" and get nothing in return. Again, the rich ones have hired guns at their disposal. I have been contacted at least a half dozen times to do exactly what you are wondering about. Usually I end up writing a scary letter with a proposed complaint attached and that does the trick. If I think the client's request is totally baseless or for the purpose only to harass, I will decline the case. But you better believe it happens.

I would love the see the video but I don't know the bozo CEO's who got sideways with Sombeech and what their demeanor is. Sombeech may just be a blip on the radar in which case no big deal to a reasonable CEO. But if the video keeps coming up and up, over and over again, it just might fester to the point they would send out the cease and desist letter with a copy of a proposed complaint. Those tend to really scare most people. Hey, I just tell people their options and let them evaluate the risks for themselves.

Iceaxe
11-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Usually I end up writing a scary letter with a proposed complaint attached and that does the trick.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

One of these days your clients are going to meet someone like me. Last time I got a scary letter I had my hired gun write up a letter saying if ya think ya got a case then sue.

Funny part is I never heard a word back and kept right on truckin' with what I was doing. :lol8:

I hate threats and ultimatums. I usually go out of my way to push the issue if I get some bullshit threat. This always reminds me of the schoolyard bully situation and the results are usually the same. Most bullies run when they see a real fight is about to happen. You can bully with strenght or money (a lawyer), but its still bullying and the results are always the same.

You know my motto.... if you can't run with the big dogs then stay on the porch :2thumbs:

Scott Card
11-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Usually I end up writing a scary letter with a proposed complaint attached and that does the trick.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

One of these days your clients are going to meet someone like me. Last time I got a scary letter I had my hired gun write up a letter saying if ya think ya got a case then sue.

Funny part is I never heard a word back and kept right on truckin' with what I was doing. :lol8:

I hate threats and ultimatums. I usually go out of my way to push the issue if I get some bullshit threat. This always reminds me of the schoolyard bully situation and the results are usually the same. Most bullies run when they see a real fight is about to happen. You can bully with strenght or money (a lawyer), but its still bullying and the results are always the same.

Agreed. I tell my clients I am not the type who bullies but that if I write the letter and the recipient is someone like you they had better be prepared to bring it on. I understand the power of the pen and a "lawyer " letter but I am not one to throw that around. (Jeez, I hope I am not perceived that way.) But so far, I do not remember running into anyone like you, Ice, because the letters have done the trick, much to the delight of my clients and their money. I too cannot stand lawyers or politicians or anyone else who throws their weight around because of education, position or money. I like normal hard working folk.

Scott Card
11-16-2006, 05:39 PM
But so far, I do not remember running into anyone like you, Ice, because the letters have done the trick, much to the delight of my clients and their money.

That only applies to defamation cases. I have run into your type on other occasions and we did go after it. I have had some fun with some crappy contractors, and divorcees, and police officers, and tenants and landlords, and claims adjusters..... :blahblah:

Iceaxe
11-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey... if you have a legitimate case then I say go for it. The courts do have a place.

But anyone suing Sombeech for making a funny video will get laughed out of court.