PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite restaurants?

accadacca
11-13-2006, 08:00 PM
So lets get the winter chatter going. It cold, theres snow on my lawn, I'm watching football, Thanksgiving is next week. What restaurants do you go to and why? Wintertime is for going out to eat, putting on a few pounds and again watching lots of football. Heres a few of my favorites lately...

Cafe Rio:
We go to the Rio almost every Friday at my office. Damn is it hard to pass up those pork burritos. Every now and then I do get pork nachos or a pork salad. It does piss us off when they don't give equal portions of pork. They need something to measure the portions...just ain't cutting it with their current system.

Asian Star:
This place just moved and opened up on the east side, up on union park. They have valet parking and the Chinese food is top notch and a real bargain. You can get a lunch for about 10 bucks and they have really good portions. Watch out for the little red chili peppers. I had one sneak in last time...damn boy. :oops:

Goodwood BBQ:
Let me tell ya...this place it top notch. The pulled pork is unmatched and the baby back ribs are smokin' good. The sides are great too and the onion ring starter is a must. I go to the Draper location and the service is great. I used to be big on Tony Roma

stefan
11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Red Iguana - kick ass mexican food ... need i say more?

Bombay House - best indian food in salt lake

Mandarin - owned by family friends, love it, been going there since childhood

Bangkok Thai - love thai food, especially thai curries, they cater to vegetarians

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
David's Kitchen 33rd and State. Looks like a hole in the wall, but it's the best Chinese food in SLC.

Reedus
11-13-2006, 08:35 PM
+1 for Cafe Rio. As for the Pork portions I ALWAYS ask for extra meat. It is 2.00 but when they don't cut it i am justified in saying a little more please. I end up with a huge burrito and they never double charge me for the extra meat.

I am a big fan of Italian, so Macaroni Grill and the bruchetta bread is hard to beat. Lots of balsamic to go with the olive oil too.

If I am ambitious, i have been known to drive 4 hours to Casablanca in Mesquite, hit the crab buffet and drive home. At least it was feasible when gas was under 2.00.

Not a big fan of Indian cuz the Curry is too spicy for me. I have a sensitive mouth.

Famous Daves BBQ is really good for ribs and such, but a bit overpriced.

:popcorn:

Cirrus2000
11-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh, this is good - pointers for next time I'm down that way!

I love Indian and Mexican best (spicy=good!), so thanks Stefan for those pointers. Next time through, I'll spend more than a couple of hours in SLC.

When in Utah, I've only done a few restaurants that I could name. These are some favourites so far:

Miguel's Baja Grill 51 N Main Street, Moab. The fish tacos are to die for. (Generally a veggie-boy, fish is my one compromise.) I've eaten here more than any other locale in Utah.

Arches Book Company across the street at 78 N Main Street, Moab. Yeah, a book store, but excellent coffee. A great place to browse while your latte is prepared, and sit at the counter flipping through the paper as you enjoy it.

The Mean Bean 932 Zion Park Blvd, Springdale. Great coffee, breakfast burritos, bagels, etc. Excellent way to start the day, with a funky (though slightly 'screw you') atmosphere.

Zion Pizza & Noodle Company 868 Zion Park Blvd, Springdale. Mmm, the European Trail pizza. Quality beers on tap. All good stuff. Then wander the Michael Fatali Gallery across the hall, and marvel at the images (and the prices!)

Outside Utah:

Las Margaritas 1999 West 4th Ave, Vancouver, BC. Some of the best Mexican I've had - anywhere. Great location and atmosphere. Been going here for over 20 years (first 'date' with my wife was here. 'Date' in quotes because it was before she broke up with previous guy - more a 'friends out for dinner' kind of thing...)

Connaught Place 1077 56th Street, Delta, BC. Our local Indian place. Such good food - home cooking in a hole-in-the-wall location. We usually take out, but when dining in the Bollywood productions on the TV are good fun. The paneer makhani, the paneer pakoras, the fabulous naan... Wow, good stuff.

Macrina's Bakery and Cafe 2408 1st Ave, Seattle, WA. Amazing coffee shop - stop in for breakfast or lunch. Enjoy inside or out.

So many restaurants, so little time!

tanya
11-13-2006, 09:10 PM
The Mayan... can't say the food is the best, but the scenery is outstanding. :haha: Those divers are great!

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Out of state, but Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. It has been the scene of mass Snow Crab slaughters.

accadacca
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Out of state, but Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. It has been the scene of mass Snow Crab slaughters.
Wheres those vids of our last crab feasts...dig em up and post. :lol8:

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 09:38 PM

Found 'em

http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=537

http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=538

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 10:01 PM
I agree with a lot of the local selections so far. Also, if you're feeling like a pricey romantic kind of meal, head up to Sundance and dine in the Tree Room. The other location up there is the Foundry Grill.....good food and not so pricey.

I would add Rodizio Grill if you are a meat lover. In addition to Asian Star for Chinese, add PF Chang's. I will have to check out David's Kitchen from Sombeech's recommendation.

For the best steak you'll ever eat, they just opened up a Ruth's Chris Steak house in Salt Lake. I haven't been to a Ruth's steakhouse since I left New Orleans. Also, a little pricey, but well worth every penny.

I am from New Orleans originally, and just about every restaurant down there is good. Some that are legends (and most are "hole in the wall" kind of places) include:

Mr. E's po-boys in Metairie
K-Paul's on Chartres St. in the French Quarter
Felix's Oyster Bar also in the Quarter
Cafe DuMonde for beignets (donuts w/powdered sugar) and coffee also in the Quarter
Commander's Palace - Uptown Garden District
New Orleans Food and Spirits Bucktown area of New Orleans
R & O's (seafood) Bucktown
Tony Angelo's - Italian food like nowhere else on earth and a known place for the local mafia to eat.

A little story about this place. Friends and I were there having dinner in a private room one night celebrating a friend's birthday, and the owner himself asked us if we would be willing to give the room up to a special client of his that showed up unexpectedly, and he would comp our meal. Sure...ok...why not. We move to a table in the main room, and these scary looking mafia-type men all pile into the room. Two remained on the outside of the door opening at all times. I'm guessing Uncle Guido and his staff needed a spaghetti fix. :2gun:

Can't wait to go back for Jazzfest next April! :2thumbs:

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 10:11 PM

Found 'em

http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=537

http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=538

:2thumbs:

I can almost picture a little baby crab crawling up on the table and blowing TAPS on a little trumpet. :haha:

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Crabs beware!!

Windwalker
11-14-2006, 02:19 AM
We found ZUPPA's in Provo to be a great little soup & salad eatery, nothing fancy but the food is good. Actually we were headed to the Olive Garden, saw Zuppa's close by and decided to give it a try. Glad we did.

I'm a see food and steak lover:
Ruby River is a good steak house
Tacono's Brazilian Grill (similar to Rodizio's) at the mouth of Provo Canyon
McGraffs Sea Food just off the University Exit in Orem, a little pricey but very good.
Family Tree in Santaquin is small but it has great food , prices and a scone that size of a loaf of bread.
I've never been there that I didn't have to take home half the scone.

Anyone tried "Outback Steakhouse?" I've heard pro & con, more con than pro.

greyhair biker
11-14-2006, 03:14 AM
That Macaroni grill place is hard to beat and PF Changs is great. The family always want's to go to Iggy's - I like lots of different things, seafood being at the top of the list so I all time favs are not in the state...Breneke's on Poipu Beach - Kauai...you can watch 'em fish for your dinner and the all you can eat seafood is to DIE for. Anywhere o nthe islands you can find Kalua Pork (BBQ) you cant go wrong and the buffet in the Paris LVNV is amazing!

Windwalker
11-14-2006, 04:47 AM
That Macaroni grill place is hard to beat and PF Changs is great.

Yes, Macaroni Grill, It's at the top of our list too. We've eaten at PF Changs before, but found it to be very popular and crowded. Another Two Good Choices!

Win
11-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Coming from New Jersy food was one of the big adjustments we had to make. Good Italian is really tough in the St George area. Here's a couple of favorites:

Ocars, Springdale Great for breakfast, my wife likes the fish tacos for dinner.

Thai Sapa, Springdale Very good. a mix of different cuisines.

Rockin' V. Kanab Very good, up there with Cafe Rio. Great Tomato Basil soup.

Zion Pizza & Noodle As good a pizza as I've found in the area. They'll do thin crust on request.

HMMM, 6:50 AM and I'm craving more than cereal.

Win

erial
11-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Thursdays at Springdale's Bit n Spur: Sweet Potato Tamales

DiscGo
11-14-2006, 06:31 AM
"Tucano's"
http://www.tucanos.com/

"Bombay House"
http://www.bombayhouse.com/locations.html

"Buca di Beppo" (awesome Italian)
http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/

TreeHugger
11-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Hmmmm....let's see...

1. Monsoon Thai - a little more pricey, probably, but better food, better atmosphere than the other Thai restaurants I've been to. We always used to go to Bangkok Thai, but they moved, now we like Monsoon even better.

2. Mazza (middle eastern food) - SO good and great prices.

3. Tuscany - very romantic atmosphere and fabulous food.

4. The Cotton Bottom - to sit OUTSIDE and have a garlic burger - best anywhere!

5. The Silver Fork (in Big Cottonwood Canyon) - GREAT food (dinner and breakfast!) and great atmosphere.

price1869
11-14-2006, 07:17 AM
:roflol: Crabfest. Shane, don't you deal with those on a regular basis? (Shane's response: only after I get with your mother.)

Dave's BBQ would be burned to the ground here in austin for posing as a BBQ place.

In SLC:

East West Connection in the shopping center on Foothill has the best Thai food you'll ever eat.

Pei Wei is PF Changs and much cheaper.

I long for Rumbi's. They need a place like that here in Austin. I might miss it more than Cafe Rio. At Cafe Rio, I prefer the shredded beef to the pork, and the best way to get extra is to wink at the girls that are dishing it out. Works in a lot of other situations too. :naughty:

stefan
11-14-2006, 07:21 AM
1. Monsoon Thai - a little more pricey, probably, but better food, better atmosphere than the other Thai restaurants I've been to. We always used to go to Bangkok Thai, but they moved, now we like Monsoon even better.

so originally, monsoon thai was opened by the guy who owned bangkok thai. it had almost identical menu items but less than the full bangkok thai menu. but for a similar price it offered much better atmosphere (i agree) and more elegant wine/water glasses.

since then it has passed through two different owners hands. 2-3 years ago they supposedly were LYING about the food being vegetarian, presumably trying to keep the crowd from bangkok thai. the previous owner actually went on the radio and city weekly to point this out. 1.5 years ago there was a one week period where i went in there twice within a week (unusual circumstances). see thai curries ordinarily have fish oil ... bangkok thai made a point of making them without fish oil. the first day i was in there they told me that some of the curries didn't have fish oil. the guy went into the back to check which, came back and told me that 3 of them didn't have it. when i came back 5 days later, the waiter without hesitating told me that they ALL have fish oil ... [but noodle dishes which are assembled upon order can be made vegetarian] also the menu still seems to be quite similar

i wish the original owner was still there ... but, it's definitely a great place if you don't care about what i just mentioned. my only gripe is know your food and be honest about it.

rockgremlin
11-14-2006, 07:21 AM

Bangkok Thai - love thai food, especially thai curries, they cater to vegetarians

I reallllly like your style. I love all of those too.

In SLC, I also really like Sugarhouse BBQ, Famous Dave's, Cafe Med, Charlie Chow, Grove's Market (sandwiches), & Granato's.

rockgremlin
11-14-2006, 07:25 AM
In Monticello I like the Line Camp, and Lamplight. Both have excellent steaks. Lamplight makes a mean burger too.

In Price I like Grog's.

In Green River I like Ray's Tavern.

In Moab I like the Moab Brewery, and Fiesta Mexicana.

TreeHugger
11-14-2006, 07:51 AM
[quote=TreeHugger]

so originally, monsoon thai was opened by the guy who owned bangkok thai. it had almost identical menu items but less than the full bangkok thai menu. but for a similar price it offered much better atmosphere (i agree) and more elegant wine/water glasses.

since then it has passed through two different owners hands. 2-3 years ago they supposedly were LYING about the food being vegetarian, presumably trying to keep the crowd from bangkok thai. the previous owner actually went on the radio and city weekly to point this out. 1.5 years ago there was a one week period where i went in there twice within a week (unusual circumstances). see thai curries ordinarily have fish oil ... bangkok thai made a point of making them without fish oil. the first day i was in there they told me that some of the curries didn't have fish oil. the guy went into the back to check which, came back and told me that 3 of them didn't have it. when i came back 5 days later, the waiter without hesitating told me that they ALL have fish oil ... [but noodle dishes which are assembled upon order can be made vegetarian] also the menu still seems to be quite similar

i wish the original owner was still there ... but, it's definitely a great place if you don't care about what i just mentioned. my only gripe is know your food and be honest about it.

I knew they were owned by the same guy at one point. Interesting about the rest of what you said. Have you ever gotten to the bottom of it? Asked the chef/owner? Just curious.

Price - your avatar is really interesting - what's the story? (sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm very curious)

stefan
11-14-2006, 08:03 AM
I knew they were owned by the same guy at one point. Interesting about the rest of what you said. Have you ever gotten to the bottom of it? Asked the chef/owner? Just curious.

nope. i haven't been in since for a number of reasons [not really boycotting or nothin'], but the next time i go i will go talk to the owner.

i think it is imperative for waiters to know the food, or be able to find out easily. for example, my sister is horribly allergic to nuts and needs to know if there are any nuts (at ALL) in something ... otherwise anaphylactic shock :eek1:

DickHead
11-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Cafe Rio
Happy Sumo
Market Street

Scott P
11-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm a simple, but inpatient man. I like Golden Corral and Western Sizziln. That way I can just go get whatever I want and not have wait for it. :five:

Reedus
11-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Has anybody ever heard or tried the Cafe Diablo in Torrey? I have heard rumors that it is Utah's hidden gem. Never tried it personally, but I have been meaning to.

price1869
11-14-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm a simple, but inpatient man. I like Golden Corral and Western Sizziln. That way I can just go get whatever I want and not have wait for it. :five:

Ah yes, the trough.

Happy sumo also incredibly good.

Avatar is when Sam Gregory and I died in Cable canyon, of course. I believe Shane found us there dead.

rockgremlin
11-14-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm just gonna put this out there.....I hate Cafe Rio!!!

Why?

Because all of their food tastes the same. The burritos taste like the enchiladas, taste like the tacos, taste like the pork salads, etc, etc, etc. You get one thing, you've tried them all. The very first time I went there I really liked it, and then every time after that I kept thinking to myself "This dish tastes exactly like the last one I had here!"

Zero on variety.

Shan
11-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Has anybody ever heard or tried the Cafe Diablo in Torrey? I have heard rumors that it is Utah's hidden gem. Never tried it personally, but I have been meaning to.

I went to Cafe Diablo this August. My friends used to live in Torrey so they couldn't wait to show it off when we went back to visit.

I love southwestern flair and it's pretty impressive when it arrive on your plate. It's like an art form. I had BBQ ribs that were cooking all day and the meat just fell off the bone. I was impressed! Good margaritas if you like that too.

Le Nonne in Logan is my fave for this town.

Iceaxe
11-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Buffalo Bistro in Glendale.

Mom's in Salina.

Grogg's in Price.

Ray's Tavern in Green River.

Oscars and Pizza Noodle in Springdale.

Joe Morley's in Midvale.

:cool2:

tanya
11-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Buffalo Bistro in Glendale.

Mom's in Salina.

Grogg's in Price.

Oscars and Pizza Noodle in Springdale.

Joe Morley's in Midvale.

:cool2:

I use to go to Pizza Noodle all the time but things have changed. The last three times Bo and I went the Pizza was burnt badly. Three times is too much. We avoid that one now. Then tried Oscars several times. They had good food and good prices but now the prices are crazy! I have not been to the Bit n' Spur lately. I think the last time was with you. I hope they are still good?

I agree with the Buffalo Bistro! Ron's food is the best! Its a laid back place, but great food. :2thumbs: :five:

http://www.visiteastzion.info/images/jpegs/buffalobistro.jpg

Brewhaha
11-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Another vote for Fiesta Mexicana in Moab.

I also like Zak's Pizza in Moab.

Joe Gardner
11-14-2006, 04:03 PM
In downtown SLC area:

Stoneground for Pizza, free pool for late hour lunches.
Himalayan Kitchen, awesome chicken coconut dish, naan is top notch.
Lemon Grass Thai, don't order hot... thai food that hot can kill ya.

nat
11-14-2006, 05:05 PM
In downtown SLC area:

Stoneground for Pizza, free pool for late hour lunches.
Himalayan Kitchen, awesome chicken coconut dish, naan is top notch.
Lemon Grass Thai, don't order hot... thai food that hot can kill ya.

Yeah, Stoneground Pizza is really great, especially on Sunday evenings, when it's all you can eat. Every few minutes they bring by a different pizza and you can have a piece or skip it. Different kinds to suit everyone. Also, nice casual, funky atmosphere. Reminds me of Berkeley.

There's a good new Thai restaurant in SLC at 9th S and about 3rd E (S side of the street). Perhaps not quite as good as Monsoon Thai, but MUCH cheeper, simpler, and still pretty good.

For slightly more upscale food, the Oasis (SLC) on 5th E and about 2nd S is really good.

I'm sad to hear that Pizza Noodle is longer so good. That was definitely the place to go for me, in Springdale.

In Boulder, my favorite is the Burr Trail Grill. Great Burgers among other things. Hells Backbone Grill is also good, but a bit pricey. Very nice place to hang out.

As others mentioned, Ray's is obviously the place in Green River.

Haven't found anything edible in Hanksville. Price is pretty meager too.

Nat

greyhair biker
11-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Is Zak's Pizza in Moab that place that makes the pizza right there in front of you to order? That place is awesome! I also like....dont gag...Moab Diner....chili cheese fries...big order...love to go there to get my oil changed!

wojo342
11-15-2006, 06:09 AM
Milt's Stage Stop in Cedar City (Great Prime Rib)
Ray's Tavern in Green River (Great Pork Chops)
Pinn Willies in Altamont Utah (Great Hamburgers)

James_B_Wads2000
11-15-2006, 06:50 AM
As others mentioned, Ray's is obviously the place in Green River.

... Price is pretty meager too.

Nat

Grogg's in Price.

I

James_B_Wads2000
11-15-2006, 06:54 AM

I got your back on this one rock. I have had a full punch card good for one free meal in my wallet for months now. I just can

shlingdawg
11-15-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm kind of surprised that we're on page three and nobody has mentioned Pasta Jays (Moab). It's one of my favorite restaurants of all time! :2thumbs:

Ahh Sushi (On 1st S, between Main and State in SLC) - half price rolls everyday for lunch. Once a week for me.

Spencer's for steaks. Non better locally. (Pricy for sure, but worth it!)

Baci's was one of my favorite too, but Gastronomy sold out to Ruth's Chris. By the way, Gastronomy is good eats. Market Street Grill Downtown is pretty decent seafood for Utah.

For dives, I love Musimecci's (sp) on State Street between 2 and 3 south. It's back down an indoor alley but the food is good, cheap Italian. The father and son that own it are great to chat with too.

Roosters has an awesome Hefeweizen in Layton. It's a good place to hang out without too much noise.

Breakfast should be done at Doug & Emmy's or Sill's. Nasty coffee, greasy bacon and killer scones. It's what breakfast should be. :five:

My best meal of all time was in Orlando at Emeril's. They have a deal there where you let the Chef prepare you whatever he feels like making. They pair each course (8 total) with a delicious wine. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I won't mention that it was extremely expensive ($1200 for 7 of us) but that is what expense accounts & clients are for! :popcorn:

price1869
11-15-2006, 07:27 AM

Why?

Because all of their food tastes the same. The burritos taste like the enchiladas, taste like the tacos, taste like the pork salads, etc, etc, etc. You get one thing, you've tried them all. The very first time I went there I really liked it, and then every time after that I kept thinking to myself "This dish tastes exactly like the last one I had here!"

Zero on variety.

You gotta tell 'em. Cafe Rio is people! It's people!!!!! (someone better get this reference.)

Udink
11-15-2006, 07:52 AM
You gotta tell 'em. Cafe Rio is people! It's people!!!!! (someone better get this reference.)
Ahahaha...Heston at his best! :roflol:

tanya
11-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Milt's Stage Stop in Cedar City (Great Prime Rib)
Ray's Tavern in Green River (Great Pork Chops)
Pinn Willies in Altamont Utah (Great Hamburgers)

I have not been to Milts Stage Stop since College days when I went to school in Cedar. Its good to hear its still one of the best! I loved watching deer out the window and the shrimp was wonderful back then.

paraAdams
11-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Ginza for sushi. Best damn sushi in SLC. 300 south 300 west. The X roll, Mars Roll, and Maya Roll. Oh Man!

Art City Trolley in Springville. They have great ribs, but their Blueberry shakes are better than anything I've ever had.

Mi La Caille Noodle House in Salt Lake. 950 south State street. Great Vietnamese food. That's a once a weeker for us! Get the house noodle soup with egg noodles. Ohhhh...

Cotton Bottom has already been listed, but those garlic burgers are the best in the world!!! Is it lunch time?!?!?

moabfool
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Market Grill in Cedar. It's about a mile west of the freeway on 200N. Just look for the cattle auction. Fine dining it ain't. Fine eatin' it is. The chicken fried steak, the pork chops (the special), and the ribeye are delicious.

Pasta Jay's in Moab. Of the places we ate, it was the best meal I had when I was in Moab a month ago. Avoid the line at Moab Brewery. The food is just okay and our service was slow. Eddie McStiff's was edible too, but nothing to rave about.

My buddy likes Buck's in Moab. He says it's the best steak he's ever had. Pay the extra $3 for "Cowboy Style."

Shane, I'll hafta try Mom's in Salina. I saw it when I was there three weeks ago, but we didn't stop. I went by my rule. Never eat at a place called "Mom's". Eat at Mom's when the only other place is called "Eats".

I liked the Bit 'n Spur when I went last fall (a year ago), but they changed it to a Mexican/vegitarian place last spring. No more stuffed apple sage pork chops.

I love Oscar's in Springdale. I'll hafta get something other than a burger some time. The sweet potato fries are yummy.

Warning about the Pizza Noodle in Springdale (Zion Pizza & Noodle Company), they don't take credit cards. If you don't have cash you don't get fed.

Avoid the following: Bumbleberry Inn & the restaurant at the Pioneer Lodge; both in Springdale.

Has anybody ever eaten at the Zion Lodge?

http://www.moabhappenings.com/menuguide.htm

stefan
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM

I reallllly like your style. I love all of those too.

:2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-15-2006, 12:49 PM

Yup.... expensive.... and the menu is suitable for 70 year old retired folks. Does that answer your question?

:haha:

accadacca
11-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Ohhhh I have a wild card to throw in and I forgot about this place. It is in Midvale and its called Bohemian Brewery. This is a great little pub with an awesome European menu. Click on the link and check out their menu. This place is a Utah gem. :2thumbs:

http://www.bohemianbrewery.com

fourtycal
11-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Is Zak's Pizza in Moab that place that makes the pizza right there in front of you to order

I second Zaks in Moab, great pizza and a fair salad bar too.

Rodizio! :slobber:

Pats in your face barbecue 2125S 155W South Salt Lake. WOW, everything is great, the best bbq I have ever had!

Joe Morleys bar-b-q 100W 7720S Midvale. excellent brisket sandwich.

Joni's Deli 17Th south 52 east, between state and main, south salt lake. the best Philly sandwich in town and excellent garlic burger too!

Jumbo buffet 6930S state a quick and tasty Asian lunch stop.

nat
11-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Warning about the Pizza Noodle in Springdale (Zion Pizza & Noodle Company), they don't take credit cards. If you don't have cash you don't get fed.

http://www.moabhappenings.com/menuguide.htm

On the other hand Pizza Noodle does take checks from out of town (at least in state checks). I almost always pay there with check (from Salt Lake bank) and have never had any problems. I don't even think that they looked at my drivers license.

Another good one is Cancun Cafe (or something like that) in Beaver; 2nd exit. Good cheap Mexican food. Also Escobars, in Kanab. Another good place in Kanab, if a bit pricey and upscale, is a restaurant on the right when coming from the north, (forget it's name) , before the the sharp right turn.

Does anyone know of any good eats in either Hanksville or Panguich, or Page?

moabfool
11-16-2006, 06:45 AM

Yup.... expensive.... and the menu is suitable for 70 year old retired folks. Does that answer your question?

:haha:

I can see my grandpa, slice of bread in hand, dentures sitting on the table wrapped in a handkerchief (or not), gumming down his dinner. Yah it's kind of a funny picture, but he lost his teeth from bad nutrition in the Navy in WWII.

Another good one is Cancun Cafe (or something like that) in Beaver; 2nd exit. Good cheap Mexican food.

It's called Kan Kun, and I suppose it's pronounce Cancun. I think the little skiing Mexican caricature on their billboard is supposed to be a beaver. We should make a sticky thread with a list.

accadacca
11-19-2006, 08:37 AM
I work with two Korean web developers and Friday night was the second time that I have been to Ejo. Its a Korean Restaurant on 3300 S and 700 E. Very good food!! This last visit I had Korean ribs (cooked right in front of me)...yummy. :nod: :five:

http://utah.citysearch.com/review/37963802

double moo
11-19-2006, 11:27 AM

Why?

Zero on variety.

Welll they can't all be Chuck and Fred's................

Please tell me someone else has eaten at Chuck and Fred's???????????

TreeHugger
11-19-2006, 04:26 PM

I went to Cafe Diablo this August. My friends used to live in Torrey so they couldn't wait to show it off when we went back to visit.

I love southwestern flair and it's pretty impressive when it arrive on your plate. It's like an art form. I had BBQ ribs that were cooking all day and the meat just fell off the bone. I was impressed! Good margaritas if you like that too.

Le Nonne in Logan is my fave for this town.

Cafe Diablo is AWESOME. The food is soooooo amazingly gorgeous you'll want to take pictures of it!! And it's really really good too! It also gets busy, very busy. On a weekend night expect long waits if you go at "dinner time".

brettyb
11-20-2006, 07:23 PM
A few that I haven't seen mentioned, obviously geared towards SLC:

Sawadee--Fantastic Lunch deal, great Thai food

Red Rock--Never had a bad meal there

Cafe Shambala--Great lunch buffet at this Tibetan restaurant in the Avenues

One World--Deserves mention just for the novelty of the concept. I had lunch there a couple weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to find that it seems to thriving, with no menu and no fixed prices

Bombay House was mentioned. The food is great, but the new location is disappointing and devoid of charm. It's an Outback Steakhouse interior with some pictures of the Taj Mahal. And the view out front of the always 80% empty KMart parking lot is hardly inspiring. I'd rather have to fight for a place to park at the old spot.

Btw, Bangkok Thai in SLC has closed.

And I've seen so many people rave and rave about Cafe Diablo--I must have missed something. Only tried it once, but was very disappointed. Very expensive and just didn't seem worth it. I realize this might have been an anomaly though.