PDA

View Full Version : anyone NOT wasteing x.mas on family ?

goofball
11-13-2006, 05:48 PM
hahaha.

but seriously, after all my giving in and accomadating, my partner backed out. caved in to the family guilt trip. one to many "you won't be here ?" chides from mom. a mom can be a powerful thing...

so from 12.23-26 i am back to partnerless. i am also limited to a normal passenger vehicle. but don't think that trolling for someone w/ high clearance is the only reason i am broadcasting for partners. although... a high clearance vehicle could access a couple off the radar slots i wanted to hit. :naughty:

well anyway, if anyone is available and interested let me know.

goofball
11-15-2006, 08:00 AM
aww, c'mon. i know someone wants to go play in the desert. i'm tired of solo trips and want to meet some new faces. i'll bring beer and pitch in for gas :nod:

and if that ain't enough just try to resist this - http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=12&X=1353&Y=10426&W=3

Scott P
11-15-2006, 08:12 AM
On December 22-23 or 23-24, I have a group climbing and camping on Mount Sherman (14,036 feet). If this would interest you, let me know, but only if you don't mind the cold. :cold:

Reedus
11-15-2006, 09:49 AM
The problem with that canyon is the access. Boat is really the only feasible way I can see of doing it. Over land would be 5+ miles of drainage crossing to get to the head assuming the TR was on top of Ticaboo mesa.

goofball
11-15-2006, 11:38 AM
The problem with that canyon is the access. Boat is really the only feasible way I can see of doing it. Over land would be 5+ miles of drainage crossing to get to the head assuming the TR was on top of Ticaboo mesa.

the road in is definitely high clearance. 4x4 optional unless it is really washed out still. i know a group accessed the head by vehicle just after the floods last month. said it was a long a bumpy drive w/ its moments but not horrible. since i have 4 days to play, if i have to i will backpack in and set up shop on good hope mesa and loop the canyons from there. 5-7 miles of relatively flat desert is only a 1/2 day. it has been a while since i backpacked and camped too so i would be totally happy w/ that.

On December 22-23 or 23-24, I have a group climbing and camping on Mount Sherman (14,036 feet). If this would interest you, let me know, but only if you don't mind the cold.

brrrrrrrrr.... i went to the pecos wilderness regularly for 2 or 3 years to snowshoe, but got it out of my systempretty quick. snowy mtns. are pretty but man i hate the cold ! thanks though.