PDA

View Full Version : to massage or not to massage, that is the question

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Iam a BIG supporter of massage therapy and a regular contributer - every couple weeks and, if fact, getting worked on today...deep tissue massage. It's the only thing that has kept me out of surgery for the past 10 years - years of occupational stress & extreme sports. SO, have you ever had a massage? DO you swear by them or can you not stand to have anyone touch your naked body? Spill Your Guts!

James_B_Wads2000
11-13-2006, 08:07 AM
That

basilone0331
11-13-2006, 08:28 AM
I work with a girl who is going to school at the Utah College of Massage Therapy, on saturdays they have student clinics you get a massage from a student with an instructor supervising for $25 if I remember correctly.

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I try to go once a week to my massage therapist who also does holistic pain therapy/healing etc. It really helped when I got that concussion last April. :dizzy: Seems like everyone I know is on some kind of medication for something including depression, but I feel this is one reason I remain medication-free (although some people seem to think I need to be medicated!) :ne_nau: I highly recommend this kind of therapy for injury recovery or whatever your current need might be (try to keep your minds out of the gutter). Especially when you've got a therapist who is a 6' 2" blonde named Sven. :haha: (I wish)

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 10:15 AM
I am european ya. :naughty: :haha: Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without therapy--massage therapy :nod: Utah College of Massage Therapy does a good job for the most part and for the price you cant beat it! Just be sure to get there EARLY 'cause it's not a secret anymore...and the line you have to wait in is worth it!

accadacca
11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Iam a BIG supporter of massage therapy and a regular contributer
I bet!! :getiton: So you say that you really enjoy a young female college student rubbing oil on yer nekkid ass. :bootyshake: Hell, is this a surprised to anyone... :wedgie: :lol8:

TreeHugger
11-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm totally into massage. My real addiction in rolfing. My poor abused achin' old body needs it. Probably the main reason I'm generally injury free and still kickin' at 44. Structural integration (rolfing) is amazing. I went 3 years ago for a 10 session start, to get everything realigned and such, and have been going every month since. I've felt better balanced, have better posture and dont get injured so much since.

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 01:49 PM
My therapist does a combination of things on me, rolfing included, but very specific deep tissue massage...or whatever my body can handle that particular session, for example todays' that I just came home from targeted my legs, glutes and abs...other times it my shoulders and back - the massage was amazing as usual :2thumbs: although I always get a FULL BODY massage...I guess you can use your imagination :ne_nau:

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 02:19 PM
NO RESPONSE?! I'm shocked! I LOVE massage!!!! :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :slobber1:

missoulachick
11-13-2006, 02:46 PM
I am a massage therapist and I swear by it! I usually get a massage myself twice a month and it makes the biggest difference in many aspects of physical and mental well being, am currently 7 months pregnant so it means more to me now than ever!

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh and Acca...if your getting deep tissue massage the LAST thing on your mind will be the hot young thing giving it to you....it'll be more like okay, breath, breath! and being naked is not an issue...you're covered except for what's being worked. You've never had a massage have you? just curious.

KillEmAll
11-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Maybe I'm weird, but I cringe at the though of a man having his hands all over me. :ymca:
So is it inappropriate to ask for a chick ONLY! The fear of having Sven assigned to me is enough to keep me from going, but man would I love a real massage. My wife's don't cut it.

missoulachick
11-13-2006, 03:54 PM
So is it inappropriate to ask for a chick ONLY!

totally not inappropriate at all, whatever will make you more comfortable and relaxed, it is very rare that anyone requests a male therapist

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe I'm weird, but I cringe at the though of a man having his hands all over me. :ymca:
So is it inappropriate to ask for a chick ONLY! The fear of having Sven assigned to me is enough to keep me from going, but man would I love a real massage. My wife's don't cut it.

I was teasing with the "Sven" remark. :haha: My therapist is female and she is every bit as strong as a man, even though she is quite petite. I think a lot of what helps is knowing where your problem areas lie. A good therapist can pin point bad spots you didn't even know you had. Oh.....and find one who does the hot stone therapy as well. That feels really great. :nod:

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 04:18 PM
OH.....one big reminder if you get a massage - especially a deep tissue massage. Drink plenty of water!!!! If you don't chances are you will feel sick. It's something to do with the toxins being released or something along those lines.

Missoulachick.....feel free to step in and clarify my info here! :nod:

tanya
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
it is very rare that anyone requests a male therapist

Foolish females! :haha:

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Actually, at the College I have had a number of men do massage but I will admit that I prefer a female... :haha:

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh what the hell...I really prefer a female - some more than others...anyone take me up on that offer? :naughty:

Iceaxe
11-13-2006, 05:25 PM
If two men are touching and oil is involved it had better be motor oil.....

http://www.eticketride.org/wpblog/d/1765-2/Gaydar.jpg

tanya
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM

:roflol: Shane I am starting to think you have a gay phobia :mrgreen:

Why is it that men never mind when women touch and stuff but men are so afraid of it?

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM

Why is it that men never mind when women touch and stuff but men are so afraid of it?

There you go again Tanya....thinking like me. :five:

:lol8:

tanya
11-13-2006, 05:44 PM

There you go again Tanya....thinking like me. :five:

:lol8:

My Buddy! You have no idea how nice it is to have you around! We do think alike! I love it!!!!! :five: :friday:

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
You two are awfully bad :naughty: ---I never said that was a bad thing or that I didnt like it - alot!

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 06:13 PM
You two are awfully bad :naughty: ---I never said that was a bad thing or that I didnt like it - alot!

:twisted:

Just think......one of these days we will most likely meet each other. I'm not sure if Mt. Carmel Junction would be ready for us though. I am afraid Tanya might be a bad influence on me. :lol8:

All kidding aside, I just think it's great to have another FEMALE on this board of mostly males, especially one who shares my sense of humor! :2thumbs:

:popcorn:

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 06:19 PM
:2thumbs: we all need a big gettogether - I'm game!

tanya
11-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Just think......one of these days we will most likely meet each other. I'm not sure if Mt. Carmel Junction would be ready for us though. I am afraid Tanya might be a bad influence on me. :lol8:

All kidding aside, I just think it's great to have another FEMALE on this board of mostly males, especially one who shares my sense of humor! :2thumbs:

I would make sure to be a bad influence :twisted:

Same here! :2thumbs: --- and so few women seem to think like us. :ne_nau: (I'm not sure if that is good or bad) :mrgreen:

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
I would make sure to be a bad influence :twisted:

Same here! :2thumbs: --- and so few women seem to think like us. :ne_nau: (I'm not sure if that is good or bad) :mrgreen:

For me, I think it came after years and years of working around nothing but men with me being the only woman. This was preceeded by attending all girl schools (even public schools in Jefferson parish were all girl/all boy when I was in high school) having all sisters and not being allowed to date until I was 16. Talk about culture shock when I got into that all male world! :eek2:

I loved it though. :2thumbs:

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM
:2thumbs: we all need a big gettogether - I'm game!

Yikes! Talk about someone who could get us all in trouble!!! :lol8:

accadacca
11-13-2006, 07:10 PM

:lol8: :roflol: :lol8: :roflol: :lol8:

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 07:12 PM

:lol8: :roflol: :lol8: :roflol: :lol8:

I just wonder where Shane keeps this vehicle? :ne_nau:

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 08:24 PM
George Costanza gets a massage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsNftGLOV6E

Ray-How did you hurt this?
George-I dunno.
Ray-You don't know?
George-No.
Ray-But you just told me.
George-Korea.
Ray-You hurt it in Korea?
George-What?
Ray-The hamstring.
George-Korea.
Ray-How?
George-Hamstring.

stefan
11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
i think it moved ...

tanya
11-14-2006, 08:01 AM
i think it moved ...

Be careful when talking like that in a thread like this...... You need to define "it" :haha:

stefan
11-14-2006, 08:07 AM
i think it moved ...

Be careful when talking like that in a thread like this...... You need to define "it" :haha:

well, it's a line in the show ... and, although IT is never defined ... it's blatantly suggestive

seinfeld are masters of their domain

Iceaxe
11-14-2006, 11:35 AM
seinfeld are masters of their domain

Best episode ever :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
11-15-2006, 02:43 AM
:roflol: although....it DOES happen, you REALLY don;t do anything about it. My therapist just goes about her business...I guess after 20 years of massage she's seen it all, at least that's what she tells me :ne_nau: ......oh, I can't wait to see the comeback on THAT one :nono:

James_B_Wads2000
11-15-2006, 07:09 AM
So is it inappropriate to ask for a chick ONLY!

totally not inappropriate at all, whatever will make you more comfortable and relaxed, it is very rare that anyone requests a male therapist

I feel bad for a guy who gets his massage therapy license, he

James_B_Wads2000
11-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Here is a question for you massage pros out there, should I tip and how much? I mean I am going for an injury and my insurance is picking up the tab should I still tip?

James

savanna3313
11-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Here is a question for you massage pros out there, should I tip and how much? I mean I am going for an injury and my insurance is picking up the tab should I still tip?

James

Yes - by all means tip. I think your tip should depend on the quality of the service. I tip higher than I do with my hairdresser.

missoulachick
11-16-2006, 07:57 AM
I also feel sorry for the male therapists out there, there are some great ones and they do end up losing out on clients just because of their sex

as for tipping.......I think it depends on the type of setting, the type of clientele, but a typical tip is about 15 to 20 percent
of course some people do tip more especially if they feel their service was outstanding or were very happy with the results or they will request you to be their therapist again

Sombeech
11-16-2006, 08:14 AM
I also feel sorry for the male therapists out there, there are some great ones and they do end up losing out on clients just because of their sex
That's why I try to provide good sex each time I'm massaged.

tanya
11-16-2006, 08:28 AM
That's why I try to provide good sex each time I'm massaged.

Oh yeah baby :hail2thechief:

greyhair biker
11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
...so, is there BAD sex? or would that be NO sex :ne_nau:

tanya
11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
...so, is there BAD sex? or would that be NO sex :ne_nau:

Oh yes!!! There is such a thing as BAD sex! :eek2:

Iceaxe
11-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh yes!!! There is such a thing as BAD sex! :eek2:

Not for guys :roflol:

greyhair biker
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
I guess that depends on if the amazon women that have you tied down and are torturing you walking around naked within touching distance ever let you up after massaging you with sportcreme.....aahhh! too much to take!!!!

tanya
11-20-2006, 12:29 PM
I guess that depends on if the amazon women that have you tied down and are torturing you walking around naked within touching distance ever let you up after massaging you with sportcreme.....aahhh! too much to take!!!!

This massage stuff is sounding far more interesting now! :popcorn:

greyhair biker
11-20-2006, 04:57 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono: ahh, that one is TOO easy - I'll let someone else...