PDA

View Full Version : American Fork Canyon Trails

eauclaire
11-12-2006, 12:54 PM
So does anyone have any recommendations for trails up there? I have the National Geographic Trails Illustrated map for the Wasatch Front #709, so any trail number references would be great. GPS coords would also be great.

Main thing is I would like to go poking around up there but don't want to waste too much time Lewis & Clarking the boring trails. Are there any real good peaks/views? Neat hidden lakes/ponds?

accadacca
11-12-2006, 02:20 PM
This map should be helpful. I know many of the two wheeled trails, but not the four. Others can chime in with more info.

Good info on this page: http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/uinta/maps/index.shtml

James_B_Wads2000
11-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Mary Ellen Gluch (#111) would be nice. I went up part ways with my 4Runner and it was about all the stock Runner could take. It would have bee much funner in a quad. You can go up that trail to the base of the AF Twins, the highest peaks in Salt Lake County. Might be getting snowy this time of year. I went in summer and the wildflowers were awesome.

James

scoutabout
12-09-2006, 11:37 PM
A link to the maps has already been posted, so start there. You should obtain a travel map from any Uinta National Forest office if you'll be spending time in the area. Stick to the trail!

The area is gated this time of year, but you can take ATV's and snowmobiles up there. It might be tough going with all the snow, but fun.