PDA

View Full Version : Nachos - yum, yum

accadacca
11-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Is there something wrong with me if I eat nachos three days a week? Who else likes nachos. Damn are they good!!! Load em up...key ingredients below.

Lots of Cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Olives
Guacamole

Optional items:
Chicken
Beef
Lettuce
Tomato's

What am I missing?? :eat:

http://cassie-b.buzzstuff.net/archives/Nachos.jpg

I really don't think this guy is a purist. Is he really interested in the nachos.. :lol8:
http://idata.over-blog.com/0/11/26/66/pr-sentation/classik-2/nachos.jpg

double moo
11-11-2006, 10:03 PM
My old Basset Hound used to roll in all kinds of crap... literally. Anything that smelled or tasted bad he would roll his shoulders in squishing it all over him. Horse crap, cow crap, all kinds of crap.

He would eat pretty much anything! Carrots from the garden, sliced cucumbers, really liked watermelon. He loved to lay in the strawberry patch and eat the red ones... would come in all red stained across the chest from laying on the berries.

So one day I throw him an olive - he caught it like he always did, spit it out, sniffed it, then proceded to roll on it on the kitchen floor - made a good mess of the thing. Kind of made me wonder what he saw in them that we don't? :naughty:

Anyway since then..... hold the olives on my nachos! :nono:

James_B_Wads2000
11-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Lots of Cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Olives
Guacamole

Optional items:
Chicken
Beef
Lettuce
Tomato's

What am I missing?? :eat:

I would add:

spicy refried beans
cilantro
green chilies
extra guacamole
chorizio
pepper (as spicy as you like)

James

Cirrus2000
11-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Is there something wrong with me if I eat nachos three days a week? Who else likes nachos. Damn are they good!!! Load em up...key ingredients below. :eat:
Nachos combine two of the essential food groups: salsa and chips. When consumed with one of the other major food groups (alcohol) they make a great, well balanced meal!

Now, as a veggie-boy, I'll pass on the beef & chicken, but diced up tomatoes are not optional. Jalapeno rings required, too.

I think 3 days a week is a minimum. When taking into account tacos, bean dips, etc. I probably eat something Mexican 5 days a week. Mmmm...
:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

James_B_Wads2000
11-12-2006, 03:08 PM
All this talk of Nachos got me hungry.....

accadacca
11-12-2006, 03:15 PM
All this talk of Nachos got me hungry.....
OOOO damn boy that looks good. But where the hells the cheese? :lol8:

My wife made some killer 7 layer dip last night and we watched the Jazz game. I went through a bag and a half of chips. Damn I luv it!!! :getiton:

James_B_Wads2000
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
But where the hells the cheese? :lol8:

It's there, I just didn't use enough.

Brewhaha
11-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Ever had Italian nachos? (from places like Johnny (sp?) Corinos or the Macaroni Grill).

Fried won tons for chips covered with:

Italian sausage, grilled chicken, bacon, mozarella cheese, alfredo sauce, tomatos, olives, parmisan, banana peppers, jalepenos.

Tasty

R
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM
FWIW, I am a vegan, and there's a place in Norman, Okla., that makes vegan nachos that are nothing short of AMAZING!

Cirrus2000
11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
FWIW, I am a vegan, and there's a place in Norman, Okla., that makes vegan nachos that are nothing short of AMAZING!

Excellent! You don't want to miss out on the joy that is nachos!

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 05:41 AM
:slobber: I was DYING for some nachos last night!! ---THAT is what's for lunch today :haha: James - THAT is a real man's plate! It does need more cheese....and some cholula! :2thumbs:

accadacca
11-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I think I am headed to Iggy's tonight...if you haven't had their Nachos they are an A+. Extra cheese please... :eat:

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 12:04 PM
I think I am headed to Iggy's tonight...if you haven't had their Nachos they are an A+. Extra cheese please... :eat:

If I have to bring a client out to lunch or dinner, I always bring the men clients to Iggy's. Sports and finger food.......it works. :2thumbs:

accadacca
11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
If I have to bring a client out to lunch or dinner, I always bring the men clients to Iggy's. Sports and finger food.......it works. :2thumbs:
What about women?? :ne_nau:

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 12:17 PM
What about women?? :ne_nau:

They get taken to Mimi's Cafe. Good salads and such. Of course, if a Saints game is coming on. everyone has to go to Iggy's. :2thumbs: (we won't talk about yesterday's game)

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Mimi's is awesome! Yeah, I know...so what...their salads are wonderful and their french onion soup is to die for!

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
If I have to bring a client out to lunch or dinner, I always bring the men clients to Iggy's.

Which Iggy's?

savanna3313
11-13-2006, 07:04 PM
If I have to bring a client out to lunch or dinner, I always bring the men clients to Iggy's.

Which Iggy's?

Usually the one by Southtown Mall in Sandy. I have gone a couple of times to the new one that's on 1300 E and apprx. 7800 S. Not sure if that's still considered Sandy or Midvale.

accadacca
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I have been to several of the Iggy's. I love that place!! Its not just the TV's, they actually have good food. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
My good friend Sammy is at the one on 700 S and 200 W.

His family is actually buying into the franchise, 4 stores. The Logan one has the foundation laid right now. :2thumbs: