PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Ride Plans

accadacca
11-11-2006, 08:43 AM
I am game to turn some miles next year. I have turned 11,000 since May. Yesterday was the first day of only a few that I have had to leave the bike home. It was an ice rink in my neighborhood. :cold: I still have a 1/2" of snow covering my lawn and ice on the driveway.

Anyway, I am not sure about and Iron Butt at this point but who knows after the winter. I will have several months with the bike under a cover and taking peeks every once in a while. I would be game to take several days and ride wherever. I need to take my buddy from work on his K1200GT, he rides everyday too. We need to ride!!! :five: If we could also stay in touch with some of those advrider Utah fellers. Moo will ride with some of them on Sunday and perhaps they will visit uutah.com as well.

Lets plan some possible ride routes in this topic. We can attach some proposed maps. www.mapquest.com has a program that you can enter up to 10 locations and it will draw them on a map (like my iron butt map) and calculate the mileage. I think my Dad needs some more GS talk too. :nod: Have either of you received any Iron Butt stuff back in the mail?

BTW...some interesting reads in the General Discussion section. Utah Outdoor TV shows: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3947

MapQuest Map with our Iron Butt path.
http://uutah.com/forum/files/picture_3.png

Reedus
11-11-2006, 09:03 AM
I am not sure if your bike has off road abilities, but if it is somewhat of an enduro with a decent all terrain tire then try the burr trail by Bullfrog up through Boulder. Here is your route: SLC to Price to Green River to Moab to Blanding to Halls Crossing, across Lake Powell on the Ferry to Bullfrog, up the Burr Trail to Boulder (prettiest desert country ride around) to Torrey, to Loa, to Sigurd, to Salina, to Gunnison, to Fairview, to SPanish Fork, and then home. One hellava ride and doable in a long day.

Capodave
11-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I think my Dad needs some more GS talk too. :nod: Have either of you received any Iron Butt stuff back in the mail?

Your Dad definitely needs some more GS talk. I think he would be alot happier getting from point A to B without hauling the bikes in a truck.

I haven't rec'd anything from Iron Butt yet. Maybe one good point though, no one that signed my witness forms has rec'd a call from Iron butt to verify. Maybe that means they are going through w/o questions..... :nod:

Also, Mike and I went over the Burr Trail with a couple of other guys. It's a nice ride. I would be more excited to go up to bottoms to Torrey from Bullfrog rather than take the short route over to Hwy 12. Been there...done that.

double moo
11-11-2006, 03:29 PM
I am not sure if your bike has off road abilities, but if it is somewhat of an enduro with a decent all terrain tire then try the burr trail by Bullfrog up through Boulder. Here is your route: SLC to Price to Green River to Moab to Blanding to Halls Crossing, across Lake Powell on the Ferry to Bullfrog, up the Burr Trail to Boulder (prettiest desert country ride around) to Torrey, to Loa, to Sigurd, to Salina, to Gunnison, to Fairview, to SPanish Fork, and then home. One hellava ride and doable in a long day.

Can't help but like the Burr Trail! Done it a couple times in the past 2 summers.

This summer Accadacca and I hit Panguitch - then over hwy 12 to spend the night a few miles short of Boulder. In the morning we headed east down the Burr trail then hooked a left and headed north through Capitol Reef to breakfast in Torrey. Back home by early afternoon.

Capo and I did Greenriver, Henryville, Bullfrog, Burr trail, Boulder, highway 12, Kanab, Toroweap, and back last year.

double moo
11-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Why wait till next spring? Worst case we can trailer to St. George and head out form there.

We should look into hitting Death Valley this Winter!

We could do AZ into NM and down into the Southern Mountains!

Don't put that bike away....

accadacca
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I am not sure if your bike has off road abilities, but if it is somewhat of an enduro with a decent all terrain tire then try the burr trail by Bullfrog up through Boulder.
Yup, the burr trail was fun and I'd like to try more of it. I just added my two bikes to my signature. Now I'm coming off as an all biker. :lol8:

Nah, I can take the cover off easy enough. It would be nice to head south and ride in some warm weather when theres white stuff here. :2thumbs:

Lawrence
11-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Why wait till next spring? Worst case we can trailer to St. George and head out form there.

We should look into hitting Death Valley this Winter!

We could do AZ into NM and down into the Southern Mountains!

I'd be interested in a Death valley ride if it happens. :popcorn:

double moo
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Anyone up for a ride the Friday after Turkey Day? West Desert run?

(haven't cleared this concept with the wife... just looking for options at this point)

accadacca
11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
I would be game for a run...need to clear with the wife too.

Reedus
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Here is another one: I don't know how many of you guys know about Skline drive up on the Manti-Lasal besides maybe Udink, but it is SPECTACULAR to ride from one end to the other. I probably would stick with the KTM instead of the Beemer and you will have to wait until next July or August becasue the snow pack is slow to go at 10k feet above sea level. There are numerous lakes along the way to fish too. From beginning to end, it starts in Spanish fork canyon at the Tucker truck stop and ends up in Mayfield Definitely worth it.

Joe Gardner
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm bummed I missed the ADVrider ride on Sunday, Looks like quite the crowd showed up.

I'm figuring out the logistics for a 4 week Alaska ride for my big 2007 ride. I'm also planing on heading down to Mexico in mid-winter.

I'm up for a ride anytime, my GF is always looking for a way to get me out of the house. :D