PDA

View Full Version : What ya doin' on Turkey Day??

accadacca
11-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Ok so this might be a bit early. But hell I thought we could get some chit-chat going. I am going to be busy in a convention almost all of next week. So anyway what ya'll doing besides yanking on yer turkeys. :lol8:

I'll be in town and over at the fams house putting away some bird...pass the cranberry sauce and polishing off all the pumpkin pie. :eat:

http://www.wrensworld.com/talkturkeytop.jpg

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/S/H/bush_turkey.jpg

Scott P
11-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Backpacking the Grand Canyon with my son.

tanya
11-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Backpacking the Grand Canyon with my son.

Where are you hiking in the Canyon Scott?

tanya
11-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I am usually stuck working on holidays so employees can have it off --- but I never know until they start asking. :popcorn:

jumar
11-09-2006, 07:33 AM
having a baby

Reedus
11-09-2006, 07:47 AM
having a baby

Congrats man! First one? I just had my first and the rumor holds that it definitely is a life changing event

jumar
11-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Yep it's our first. It's a boy!!

Reedus
11-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Well, if you have any immediate tasks that need to be finished, get them done now, cause that boy will be one hell of a distraction after he comes. I haven't gotten a thing done homework wise for the last 3 weeks since mine was born

jumar
11-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Glad I graduated last Spring :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
11-09-2006, 09:11 AM
I just found out I could have the day off & I have to drive to my oldest sons' college to bring him home for a few days & then turn around & take him home & drive back home that night...10 hours round trip...hurray for me...

tanya
11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
I just found out I could have the day off & I have to drive to my oldest sons' college to bring him home for a few days & then turn around & take him home & drive back home that night...10 hours round trip...hurray for me...

Send him a bus ticket and YOU take the day off!

moabfool
11-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Same thing I did last year (hopefully & weather dependant).

THE SUBWAY from the top.

If the weather stays dry down there I'm planning on Mystery too.

Scott Card
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Yep it's our first. It's a boy!!

Just remember, Lamas breathing techniques really work! I didn't feel a thing when my children were born. (this is usually when my wife slaps me) :haha:

Scott P
11-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Where are you hiking in the Canyon Scott?

Hance-Grandview Loop.

DickHead
11-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Working 0700-1500, followed by some gluttony.

TreeHugger
11-09-2006, 04:22 PM

First of all, I cant believe you have a son in college!!

Second: I'll be down south somewhere, camping or backpacking and/or hiking. Probably in the Paria Canyon area. All my family's in MI.

Iceaxe
11-09-2006, 04:34 PM
What am I doin' on Turkey Day???

Probably spread the legs open and stuff it while talkin' about breast. If I get in the mood I might try a little dark meat and if its good I'll probably go back for seconds. If it's dry I don't know if I'll eat it cause I like mine moist.

:lol8:

RugerShooter
11-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I'll be eating Turkey,
but you know if the native Americans (hope that is politically correct today) would have killed a cat insted of a turky we would be eating pussy!! and not turkey.

greyhair biker
11-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey, I'm not picky...if I can't get turkey then yeah, THAT would do :roflol:
....so, where's the icon for hacking up a hairball? :ne_nau:

DiscGo
11-14-2006, 06:23 AM
On Thanksgiving I like to do some geocaching, play croquet (weather permitting) and then help cook and eat. I have done it the last 3 years and I've loved it, but we have had good weather here in Provo the last couple of years, so that helps.

accadacca
11-19-2006, 08:42 AM
How about this weather we are having and it should continue through the holiday weekend. I am planning to go into work two days next week and the weather is going to be awesome. I washed my motorcycle yesterday and put my truck away, hopefully for a couple more weeks. :ne_nau:

Looking forward to the turkey and football... :eat:

tanya
11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Time has run out!!!!! For all of you that are not sitting around the table stuffing yourself and watching football... what's on the agenda?

accadacca
11-21-2006, 06:22 PM
what's on the agenda?
A little T&A... :naughty:

Turkey & Apple Pie. :haha:

tanya
11-21-2006, 06:25 PM
what's on the agenda?
A little T&A... :naughty:

Turkey & Apple Pie. :haha:

Uh huh... :roflol:

greyhair biker
11-22-2006, 10:45 PM
HEY! I like a little 'turkey' and 'apple pie' :naughty:
....we are going geocaching for a few that I havent found around home before dinner so I can get the boys out from underfoot!
...that and I was told to stay out of the kitchen :ne_nau:

accadacca
11-23-2006, 08:42 PM
So what did everyone have and how did it go? Anything get burned or not turn out right?

We ate at my folks place and it was pretty good. The turkey was really moist, the stuffing was spot on, the mashed potatoes and gravy rocked and of course I loaded up with cranberry sauce. My wife made a raspberry cheesecake that was really good. Perhaps the best part is the turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce the next couple days and more football. :five:

tanya
11-23-2006, 10:21 PM
So what did everyone have and how did it go? Anything get burned or not turn out right?

We ate at my folks place and it was pretty good. The turkey was really moist, the stuffing was spot on, the mashed potatoes and gravy rocked and of course I loaded up with cranberry sauce. My wife made a raspberry cheesecake that was really good. Perhaps the best part is the turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce the next couple days and more football. :five:

If we all like Turkey, cranberries and stuff so much, why is it we only eat it once a year?

greyhair biker
11-23-2006, 11:52 PM
went out geocaching half the morning after the turkey was a cookin' ,then came home and feasted...ate too much and started planning for the bike trip to Moan next year!

shlingdawg
11-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Turkey & fixing at my parents house followed by an emergency root canal. Some things just happen at the absolute shitties of times. :roll:

tanya
11-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Turkey & fixing at my parents house followed by an emergency root canal. Some things just happen at the absolute shitties of times. :roll:

Someone delete that chocolate cake before I get blamed for that dentist visit. :haha:

shlingdawg
11-25-2006, 07:40 PM

Someone delete that chocolate cake before I get blamed for that dentist visit. :haha:

I was relieved when he told me that it wasn't caused by my diet or dental hygiene. :2thumbs: A swift kick (or smack) to my front tooth was the culprit. Kids. Sheesh!!! :ne_nau: