PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears files for divorce in LA

Iceaxe
11-07-2006, 03:56 PM
WOW.... I didn't see this one coming :roll:

She's on pace with Elizabeth Taylor, 2 down..... 6 to go. I wonder who gets the double-wide :ne_nau:

Britney Spears files for divorce in LA

LOS ANGELES - Britney Spears is saying bye-bye K-Fed. The pop princess filed for divorce Tuesday from her husband, former backup dancer and aspiring rapper Kevin Federline. The Los Angeles County Superior Court filing cites "irreconcilable differences," said court spokeswoman Kathy Roberts.

Spears, 24, married rapper Kevin Federline, 28, in 2004. They have a 1-year-old son, Sean Preston, and an infant son who was born Sept. 12. The divorce papers identify the baby as Jayden James Federline.

A message left with Spears' attorney, Laura Wasser, was not immediately returned.

Spears married Federline eight months after ending a 55-hour Las Vegas marriage to her childhood friend, Jason Alexander. Her second marriage has provided endless fodder for tabloids, which have speculated frequently that the union was in trouble.

Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, issued a statement declining comment.

"There is no statement at this time as requested by Mark's client, Kevin Federline," said Michael Sands, spokesman for Kaplan.

In the divorce papers, Spears asks for custody of the couple's two children, with visitation rights for Federline. The filing lists as separate property, and thereby off-limits to Federline, "miscellaneous jewelry and other personal affects," earnings and other assets to be determined later.

The filing comes just a day after Spears, back in shape after the birth of her second child, made a surprise appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show" in New York by popping up behind him as he was sitting at his desk.

Federline appeared in the movie "You Got Served" and performed as a backup dancer for singer Justin Timberlake, Spears' former boyfriend. He was previously involved with actress Shar Jackson of TV's "Moesha." Federline and Jackson have two children.

Born in Kentwood, Louisiana in 1981, Spears got her first taste of fame at age 11 when she joined the "New Mickey Mouse Club" TV show. Her fellow Mouseketeers included future superstars Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera.

Five years after leaving the show she released her debut album, "Baby One More Time." In the video for the title track, Spears dressed provocatively in a school uniform and cemented her reputation as a sex symbol. Yet, throughout a years-long romance with Timberlake, Spears always proclaimed her chastity.

By 2003, she had fully embraced her sex-charged image, sharing an open-mouthed kiss with Madonna during the MTV Video Music Awards.

Scott Card
11-07-2006, 04:01 PM
WOW.... I didn't see this one coming :roll:

.[/i][/color]

That kind of thing just sneaks up on a feller kinda like the sunrise - sudden and unpredictable. :haha:

Iceaxe
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
K-Fed will probably crawl into a dark cave and seek asylum on the net. Then discover UUTAH and become like Sombeech :lol8:

savanna3313
11-07-2006, 05:49 PM
K-Fed will probably crawl into a dark cave and seek asylum on the net. Then discover UUTAH and become like Sombeech :lol8:

Get real. Before K-Fed could come even close to being like Sombeech he would actually have to sprout a set of balls!

:haha:

Sombeech
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Get real. Before K-Fed could come even close to being like Sombeech he would actually have to sprout a set of balls!

:haha:

savanna, I will moderate any obscene comment you make.

....unless it's talking about me. :cool2:

accadacca
11-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah and I hear that K-Fed has been selling out concerts nationwide. :lol8:

DiscGo
11-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Boy I wish I had been sitting down when I saw that news. I nearly fainted :roflol:

Iceaxe
11-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah and I hear that K-Fed has been selling out concerts nationwide. :lol8:

For those who missed it.... cause I know none of your really care.... K-Fed's rappin' career
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15611923/

I wonder how long until he finally figures out he was famous for being Mr. Spears :haha:

:rockon: