PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Slickrock Trail -- Nov '06 -- TR

Sombeech
11-06-2006, 09:50 PM
**This trail is featured on the Video Page (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1469)**

Slickrock Bike Trail, of course found in Moab, Utah.

The full loop is 10.6 miles, excluding a practice loop of 1.3 miles.

KillEmAll hit this on Sunday morning the 5th. We would temporarily group up with a few people we didn't know. Most mountain bikers are cool, and are willing to hang out with you, help out in anyway. We just had a fun time on the trail. We would pump each other up on making some of those brutal climbs, even though we were complete strangers.

Sombeech
11-06-2006, 09:55 PM
There was a photographer from www.moabactionshots.com taking a few pics.

Go to biking, november, 5th, slickrock trail. ..and we're on roll 1.

http://www.moabactionshots.com/photos/November%2006/05Nov06/Slickrock/Roll%201/IMG_0303_t.JPG

http://www.moabactionshots.com/photos/November%2006/05Nov06/Slickrock/Roll%201/IMG_0304_t.JPG

Look at all this crap I'm carrying for the helmetcam

http://www.moabactionshots.com/photos/November%2006/05Nov06/Slickrock/Roll%201/IMG_0305_t.JPG

http://www.moabactionshots.com/photos/November%2006/05Nov06/Slickrock/Roll%201/IMG_0306_t.JPG

accadacca
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Dang! Very nice! Wish I would have had my bike and someone to watch Brady. Its just a big fun park for MTB'rs. :popcorn:

Sombeech
11-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Also, there were a lot of Single Speeders there that day. We stayed in pretty much one gear the whole time, and it was equivelant to what the SS ratios were.

I think they work pretty nice on that trail.

asdf
11-07-2006, 04:38 AM
Looks like good times. Who was the ambulance for?

tanya
11-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Slickrock Bike Trail, of course found in Moab, Utah.

The full loop is 10.6 miles, excluding a practice loop of 1.3 miles.

KillEmAll hit this on Sunday morning the 5th. We would temporarily group up with a few people we didn't know. Most mountain bikers are cool, and are willing to hang out with you, help out in anyway. We just had a fun time on the trail. We would pump each other up on making some of those brutal climbs, even though we were complete strangers.

Good times. :cool2: Keep your eyes peeled for the helmetcam footage of this, possibly within this week. (the final cut, not the "crazy" clip :haha: )

Great photos... lots of sexy men out there!

Sombeech
11-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Great photos... lots of sexy men out there!

Yes there were. And we were there too.

I'm not sure who the ambulance was for. Maybe somebody overheated in november.

KillEmAll
11-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Looks like good times. Who was the ambulance for?

I think when they saw us roll into town with bikes on the rack they just thought they should be prepared. I noticed a disappointed look on their faces when we made it back. :haha:

Sombeech
11-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Who was the ambulance for?

I think when they saw us roll into town with bikes on the rack they just thought they should be prepared. I noticed a disappointed look on their faces when we made it back. :haha:

Yeah, they were thinking "those losers will never make it without spandex". Bob, get the denim scissors, and the spandex spray paint, we've got a job to do.

tanya
11-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Who was the ambulance for?

Yeah, they were thinking "those losers will never make it without spandex". Bob, get the denim scissors, and the spandex spray paint, we've got a job to do.

There is nothing worse than a man in spandex. Sorry spandex wearers :mrgreen:

shagster
11-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Sweet picts guys, I am definatley jealous. I wish I could have been there. I am going to try and go to St. George or Moab before X-Mas sometime.

"There is nothing worse than a man in spandex. Sorry spandex wearers"

Hey what's wrong with spandex? You gotta have something to help protect the little guys.

Ross
11-07-2006, 07:12 PM
nice pics, looks like a good trip :2thumbs:

Can't wait to ride slickrock sometime.

edit: oh yeah, spandex ftw.

greyhair biker
11-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Spandex is your friend--BUT, and I do mean BUT, there is a law that states " spandex is a privelege, NOT a right " :2thumbs: :naughty:
....some of us can wear it, some of us can't....

....that being said, I have a full armament of all types & occasions :haha: but I like my freeride shorts the best

tanya
11-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey what's wrong with spandex? You gotta have something to help protect the little guys.

I don't ride bikes so I should not speak... but I have always thought men should not wear spandex! --- or at least hide them under real clothes :ne_nau: -- they should not wear those horrible little bikini swimsuits either! :eek2:

Do all you bike riders wear it?

tanya
11-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Spandex is your friend--BUT, and I do mean BUT, there is a law that states " spandex is a privelege, NOT a right " :2thumbs: :naughty:
....some of us can wear it, some of us can't....

....that being said, I have a full armament of all types & occasions :haha: but I like my freeride shorts the best

There is this photo of Brian from SLC floating around out there in cyber land --- who posts here, but not often (mostly in the climbing section I would guess) ... You awake Brian... There is a photo of him in Pink Spandex that is to die for! Than man can wear Spandex anyday!!!!! :haha:

Anyone else have some good spandex shots of themselves?

ogdmfg
11-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Had some spandex once Then I vowed never again just gave it away

accadacca
11-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Do all you bike riders wear it?
Hell No!! :nono:

Sombeech
11-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Do all you bike riders wear it?[/color]
Hell No!! :nono:
In fact, you'll hear me in the parking lot, on video, telling some other bikers that it's OK if we don't have biking shorts.

greyhair biker
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
...I couldn't resist....

shagster
11-09-2006, 07:46 PM
[
Anyone else have some good spandex shots of themselves? [/color]

Well I very seldom sport spandex with out anything over the top (in fact I can only think of one time) but here you go.

Sombeech
11-09-2006, 10:07 PM
oh crap, the spandex coalition.... :lol8:

accadacca
11-10-2006, 05:59 AM
[

Well I very seldom sport spandex with out anything over the top (in fact I can only think of one time) but here you go.
I'm sorry but if those aren't the most gay boy shots I don't know what is... :roflol:

shagster
11-10-2006, 11:52 AM
[

I'm sorry but if those aren't the most gay boy shots I don't know what is... :roflol:

That was the whole point of these picts. Everyone was laughing their heads off... That is also why I said VERY SELDOM, this was the one and only time........

accadacca
11-10-2006, 01:19 PM
That is also why I said VERY SELDOM, this was the one and only time........
Yeah sure dude... :lol8:

tallsteve
11-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Great shots, Sombeech! Please don't tell seminolefan about this site. Yeah, I wear spandex (my wife tells me I look HOT!) and I probably look funny but oh well. At 6'7" and 215 lbs about any biking gear makes me look funny. With Spandex I can move around on the saddle and not get hung-up like baggy shorts do. Just my preference. Love your Klein- that thing's a classic!

tanya
11-11-2006, 06:30 AM
Great shots, Sombeech! Please don't tell seminolefan about this site. Yeah, I wear spandex (my wife tells me I look HOT!) and I probably look funny but oh well. At 6'7" and 215 lbs about any biking gear makes me look funny. With Spandex I can move around on the saddle and not get hung-up like baggy shorts do. Just my preference. Love your Klein- that thing's a classic!

Some women like men in spandex and they even like them in those little itty bitty spandex swimsuits.....

I have always wondered about those women :haha:

TreeHugger
11-11-2006, 07:39 AM
There is nothing worse than a man in spandex. Sorry spandex wearers :mrgreen:

Are you kidding? I LOVE spandex.

Sombeech
11-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, shagster, just givin' you a hard time. You look much better in those than I would.

I'd have a bunch of hairs poking out.

accadacca
11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah, shagster, just givin' you a hard time. You look much better in those than I would.

I'd have a bunch of hairs poking out.
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

shagster
11-13-2006, 11:25 AM

I'd have a bunch of hairs poking out. :roflol: :roflol:

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day!!

Yeah I have to watch myself, so I don't get anything snagged in my chain or my derailers. :lol8: :lol8:

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 02:13 PM
just for the record 'Beech, I own four pairs of spandex shorts & three baggys...and do you really want to talk about HAIR REMOVAL TECHNIQUES? :eek2:

Sombeech
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
do you really want to talk about HAIR REMOVAL TECHNIQUES? :eek2:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No hair removal!!!!

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :2thumbs:

tanya
11-13-2006, 05:42 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No hair removal!!!!

You should listen. It could be enjoyable. :naughty:

greyhair biker
11-13-2006, 06:34 PM
:naughty: :naughty: all I have to say is YES....use your imagination

shagster
11-14-2006, 12:19 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No hair removal!!!!

I have to agree, the last time I let a girl talk me into hair removal I left the place bleeding allover. :ne_nau: It hurt like hell.

greyhair biker
11-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Seriously, I dont know how anyone could NOT like the Slickrock trail! I have ridden it so many different ways for so many years and it still doesnt get old. Last time I rode it was the first time I rode the downhill rig on it and it was a totally different trail!! I rode in places that I hadnt brfore - even when I rode it with my motorcycle! I would climb up stuff and ride over stuff & drop off stuff that would make people cringe! I know, I'm a sucker for an audience but what a BALL!! :lol8:

Sombeech
11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm a sucker for an audience but what a BALL!! :lol8:

attention whore.

greyhair biker
11-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh Babybaby :bootyshake:

greyhair biker
01-17-2007, 11:53 PM
I was digging through some pics and found these.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l113/wliedtke/scan0002Medium.jpg
that's me chugging up the climb near the end of the trail
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l113/wliedtke/scan0003Medium.jpg
a cool shot of Moab in the evening from the trail

ogdmfg
01-18-2007, 07:47 AM
we really need to do another virgin trip.

greyhair biker
01-18-2007, 11:03 AM
we really need to do another virgin trip.I hear ya brah! I'd like to let it warm up just a bit though :haha:

ogdmfg
01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I saw the temps down there were in the 40s, hell that is a heat wave from what we are in now.

greyhair biker
01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
:five: I hear that - too bad Im out for the months of Feb and March...damn four letter word called work :frustrated: