PDA

View Full Version : A Portend?

R
11-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Last night as I slept, I dreamed I was trapped in a wilderness (unknown where) and had to escape by climbing the saddle between two mountains. I was awakened by my wife yelling at me and our dog yiping because I was climbing THEM!

A portend? A premonition? Should I go shopping instead of hiking next week?

Good morning. -R :>?

price1869
11-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Climb on, my friend. Climb on.

marc olivares
11-03-2006, 08:46 AM
during college i worked for Delta Airlines as a baggage handler.
On one of my holiday breaks i worked 20 something days of double shifts to earn some extra money. it all came to an end one night when i was awakened by my wife in a panic.

i was having a dream that a bag was caught in a conveyor belt and i was yanking on it with all my might to pull it loose. come to find out, it was my wife's pillow i was yanking on, and once she gave it up i then preceded to throw it across the room.

10 years later she still gives me shit about tossing her pillow. :ne_nau:

rockgremlin
11-03-2006, 09:23 AM
:roflol: Great story Marc.

Hey I say go hiking. Some of the most memorable and enjoyable hikes I've had were ones where I "had a bad feeling" about the hike just prior to leaving. Turned out to be just some irrational jitters. :roll:

tanya
11-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Last night as I slept, I dreamed I was trapped in a wilderness (unknown where) and had to escape by climbing the saddle between two mountains. I was awakened by my wife yelling at me and our dog yiping because I was climbing THEM!

A portend? A premonition? Should I go shopping instead of hiking next week?

Good morning. -R :>?

Nothing wrong with a little adventure. Go and have fun and wear some good climbing shoes. :nod:

R
11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I was kidding. Nothing in my unconscious mind could keep me off the trail.

I think the dream may have stemmed from my interest in exploring the trail where that guy killed his buddy after they allegedly got lost and ran out of water...

http://www.outdoorplaces.com/Features/story/mercykill.htm

If anyone wants to meet me at the Rattlesnake Canyon trailhead at CCNP, I promise I won't kill you unless it's absolutely necessary. :?

tanya
11-03-2006, 10:59 AM
I was kidding. Nothing in my unconscious mind could keep me off the trail.

I think the dream may have stemmed from my interest in exploring the trail where that guy killed his buddy after they allegedly got lost and ran out of water...

http://www.outdoorplaces.com/Features/story/mercykill.htm

If anyone wants to meet me at the Rattlesnake Canyon trailhead at CCNP, I promise I won't kill you unless it's absolutely necessary. :?

I suggest you take someone smaller than yourself on this trip then.

Just in case... the water issue temps violence. :haha:

savanna3313
11-03-2006, 11:10 AM
during college i worked for Delta Airlines as a baggage handler.
On one of my holiday breaks i worked 20 something days of double shifts to earn some extra money. it all came to an end one night when i was awakened by my wife in a panic.

i was having a dream that a bag was caught in a conveyor belt and i was yanking on it with all my might to pull it loose. come to find out, it was my wife's pillow i was yanking on, and once she gave it up i then preceded to throw it across the room.

10 years later she still gives me shit about tossing her pillow. :ne_nau:

My ex hubbie was quite a bit older than me and had experienced combat time as a Marine during Viet Nam. I made the mistake of trying to wake him up one night during what seemed like a bad dream he was having, and the next thing I know, I'm on the other side of the room. Guess those jungle instincts never die. :dizzy:

I say your dream is most likely not literal and having to overcome an obstacle in your dream is probably reflective on something going on in your life right now that you're trying to figure out.

Please send your payment to Dr. Jan........ :haha:

Sombeech
11-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I was awakened by my wife yelling at me and our dog yiping because I was climbing THEM!

Take that as a good sign that you weren't humping the dog.