PDA

View Full Version : Ads by google advert actually got me a deal on rope!

nosivad_bor
10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm a new guy to forum reading mainly Canyoneering section since October, though now i'm bascially reading the entire board.

Someone mentioned it would be good for the site a few months ago if we clicked on the AD banner cause each click helps in small part to fund the site. Keeping this in mind I would maybe every two weeks remember to click on the ads and then just kill the next window. It usually seemed like they were advertising realestate in UT which is of no real interest to me.

Anyway I'm in the market for rope and had been reading up on what I wanted to get and waiting for a sale to pull the trigger. Last week I was reading the board and saw "Climbing ropes" in the add banner and clicked it to see what they had to offer.

There were several companies listed in the new window and one of them mentiond discounted ropes.

http://www.apexxsales.com/home/Clearance/Groups.asp?eSection=Static%20Shorts&eStoreKey=8&eSectionKey=41

apexxsales.com listed 185 feet of Bluewater 9.1mm canyon pro rope at $111.00 including shipping!

yes it is 15 feet short for some reason but it costs almost half price !!!

They still list the rope as well as sweet deals on other oddball lengths. I received the rope today and it commes with all the bluewater tags and literature you would expect from a store bought rope. I guess this is like the end of the spool or something but I am highly satisfied with this purchase. They also sent along a free keychain biner (nice touch).

Anyway I thought I'd pass along the word that there are some good deals at this place and give my props to the google bar for saving me money!

-Rob :rockon:

marc olivares
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
suck up.... guess who's rope we're using next weekend :haha:

nosivad_bor
10-30-2006, 06:44 PM
suck up.... guess who's rope we're using next weekend :haha::frustrated:

yeah yeah. it's about time. :2thumbs:

accadacca
10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Very cool! :cool2: Yeah the google ads do help pay the bills when users click. Glad you found a good deal. :five: