PDA

View Full Version : City Creek Bomber?

aj_gilbs
10-29-2006, 03:43 PM
I have only heard that there is a fun downhill trail near City Creek. Can anyone give me some more info on it? Or any other fun downhill runs in SLC. I have ridden Bobsled, and thank you to the guys who helped me find it. Just looking for some fun trails to do when I don't have homework. The climb to it doesn't matter. Thanks!

Ross
10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
There is the singletrack section of the BST on the north side of City Creek. Lots of switchbacks. I wouldn't call it a dh trail, but it is fun to go down. Also BST on the south side, not as fun in my opinion, but not bad.

Bobsled is probably the best for downhill only, near the city anyway, although I prefer Dry Creek, seems to have more flow, I dunno.

All these trails I've mentioned can have people going up any time though, so you can't really rail everything like you want to, other than bobsled.

ogdmfg
10-30-2006, 06:56 AM
If you want some real downhill riding I would suggest bountiful start at the B and look for people with downhill bikes in the back of trucks, pm me if you want to some more info.

Sombeech
10-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I believe the City Creek trail starts here in this photo. This is a fork joining Mueller Park, North Canyon, and City Creek.

If I'm right, City Creek forks off to the right in this photo.
http://uutah.com/forum/files/img_1722__small_.jpg

aj_gilbs
10-30-2006, 08:03 PM
I need to get out and ride! I'm so used to riding in desert in Boise, it'd be nice to get out in some trees. Thanks Sombeech and Ross, and Ogdmfg, i'm sending pm next!

Ross
10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Boise has some damn nice riding, as does Idaho in general.

aj_gilbs
11-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Ohh, I wasn't complaining about Boise's riding, especially now that some freeride trails are being built, its just all mostly desert riding with hardly any trees, unless you climb a couple thousand feet, so it'd be nice to finally have some shade!