PDA

View Full Version : Image bar, what are the chances

RugerShooter
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
This one scared me a little, what are the chances?

tanya
10-25-2006, 06:13 PM
We need more Sombeech Photos for the ladies! :nod:

Sombeech
10-25-2006, 06:25 PM
What?????? :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Do you know how many times I've refreshed, trying to get the 5 for 5??? I can't believe you got it.

You didn't photoshop that, did you?

Seriously, I'll try every time I log on, and I log on a lot. :haha:

Unbelievable. I guess that means I'll stop putting my photos up there. (don't worry, I stopped a little while ago already)

stefan
10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
so if this were the sasqueech slots o' fun, what would he win?

Sombeech
10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
dude, you had to photoshop that. There are maybe 8 pics of me up there, atleast 1 per frame.

@50 in each frame, and let's say 1.5 per 50. Multiply that ratio by 5 for each frame.

What' are the odds? 1.5 X 50 X 5 = 375 to 1 (did I do that right?)

Sombeech
10-25-2006, 06:35 PM

I've actually thought of putting U U T A H - one letter in each frame. And whoever got it would win a prize.

But there would be photoshoppers out there. Is there a fool proof method? cuz I think that would be a cool game.

RugerShooter
10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
No, I didn't photshop it, I don't know enough about computers, or have the time to do that anyway :naughty:

Alex
10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Seriously, I'll try every time I log on, and I log on a lot. :haha:

Dude, you mean to tell us you actually log off or close your browser??? That's just not right....

Regarding a game, that sounds fun, don't make a prize too big (like a special title or something). This crowd is pretty honest and not too computer savvy to go to that extent.

Sombeech
10-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Regarding a game, that sounds fun, don't make a prize too big (like a special title or something). This crowd is pretty honest and not too computer savvy to go to that extent.

Yeah, I think I'll do it. Thanks for the suggestion of special title. I think that will work.

Cirrus2000
10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
dude, you had to photoshop that. There are maybe 8 pics of me up there, atleast 1 per frame.

@50 in each frame, and let's say 1.5 per 50. Multiply that ratio by 5 for each frame.

What' are the odds? 1.5 X 50 X 5 = 375 to 1 (did I do that right?)

Actually it more like (1.5/50)^5 or Odds of 33.3 to 1 against, to the 5th power. You don't just multiply the odds by five, you multiply it by itself five times.

(Although, if I were really paying attention, I'd probably dispute that there are only 8 pics of Sombeech up there... Seems like you usually pull up at least one every time. The odds are that I should only see one picture of Sombeech every 6.25 reloads. Aren't numbers fun!)

All of which makes the odds over 41,000,000 to one against getting all Sombeeches in a row...

More accurately, if there are 5 banks of 50, and two have one Sombeech, and three have 2 Sombeeches (for a total of 8) the odds would be 0.02 X 0.02 X 0.04 X 0.04 X 0.04 which equals 0.0000000256 = 0.00000256% = 1 in 39,062,500

Either way, davis_b_1 rocks!

Wow, I'm such a geek. :blahblah:

Sombeech
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
(Although, if I were really paying attention, I'd probably dispute that there are only 8 pics of Sombeech up there...

:lol8:

Either way, I think you've corrected me on my statistics formula. You magnificent bastard!

I blame my Stats teacher for that. He was from Africa, had a VERY strong accent. Got a C-, barely passed.

stefan
10-26-2006, 04:29 AM

I've actually thought of putting U U T A H - one letter in each frame. And whoever got it would win a prize.

But there would be photoshoppers out there. Is there a fool proof method? cuz I think that would be a cool game.

well the thing is that the odds of it happening can be somewhat good considering that so many people are refreshing the page so frequently, but what IS probably freaky are the odds of someone paying attention and realizing how freaky it is that they hit the sasqueech jackpot http://www.emrconsultant.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/huh.gifhttp://www.emrconsultant.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gifhttp://www.emrconsultant.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gifhttp://www.emrconsultant.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/shocking.gifhttp://www.emrconsultant.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/scared.gif

as far as the photoshopping thing? well, i don't precisely know. you would need to embed each image with a watermark stamp or something that would allow you to show that all of these images showed up at the same time and not pieced from different times. otherwise, pixel-for-pixel, i don't see how you could possibly determine that it wasn't photoshopped. [any experts out there?] and to do such watermarking likely would seem like a waste of time for the effort it would take. i dunno, but it's a neat idea nonetheless. and you could be like vegas, and really suppress the odds of uutah showing up.

Iceaxe
10-26-2006, 07:16 AM
!!! Yahtzee !!!

LJ
10-26-2006, 08:10 AM
:nod: I think it's a great idea - we are all honest, right guys? :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
10-26-2006, 08:13 AM
I think you should do that U - U - T - A - H slot machine game. That's sheer brilliance!! :2thumbs:

LJ
10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah and the winner can have a special User Rank or can for a short period of time change someone else's User Rank. I can think of a couple of fun ones for Ice.

tanya
10-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Yeah and the winner can have a special User Rank or can for a short period of time change someone else's User Rank. I can think of a couple of fun ones for Ice.

What a wonderful idea! I think we women should get to pick the user ranks for ALL the guys. :nod:

Alex
10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
What a wonderful idea! I think we women should get to pick the user ranks for ALL the guys. :nod:

:roflol: I can just see the admins tumbling over in the rush to grant you those rights!!! :lol8: :Ahnuld: :bandit2: :ahh: :eat:

tanya
10-26-2006, 10:17 AM

:roflol: I can just see the admins tumbling over in the rush to grant you those rights!!! :lol8: :Ahnuld: :bandit2: :ahh: :eat:

Now that's my kind of man. :maestro: :ahh:

greyhair biker
10-28-2006, 06:23 AM
:popcorn: :roflol:---actually, it would be more than a little bit fun to see the ladies' do that... :haha:

tanya
10-29-2006, 06:31 PM
:popcorn: :roflol:---actually, it would be more than a little bit fun to see the ladies' do that... :haha:

So that is 3 votes for it? :nod: We need a Poll :popcorn: