PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Ruins, Petroglyphs, Driving and Hiking - Dark Canyon to Moab

Cirrus2000
10-16-2006, 11:12 PM
After leaving the Dark Canyon Primitive Area when I had to cut a trip short due to heavy duty sickness (see trip report here (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3762)) back in May, I drove across to Blanding, then up to Moab for a couple of nights.

Made a stop at the bridge over White Canyon, drove up into Arch Canyon to see the ruins there, and walked to the Butler Wash Ruins viewpoint off Highway 95.

In Moab, I hiked up Negro Bill Canyon to the Morning Glory Arch, and later drove around to the top of the Gemini Bridges Road, and drove down that in my rental vehicle. eclipsee_steering I ended each evening at Miguel's Baja Grill. I could happily eat those fish tacos every.single.night. :bandit:

Here, then, are a mish-mash of photos from those couple of days...

Sombeech
10-16-2006, 11:15 PM
I ended each evening at Miguel's Baja Grill. I could happily eat those fish tacos every.single.night. :bandit:

mmm, fish tacos :slobber:

stefan
10-17-2006, 07:07 AM
nice photos cirrus!

i was wondering when we'd see the photos from that trip. i hope you can make it back to dark canyon sometime. it's a REALLY great place.

great petroglyphs!! and ruin shots. and holy shiny red jeep!
love the groovy rock too. thanks for sharin'

HEY SOMBEECH. how 'bout throwing some cool petropix up there in the image bar? i think they'd look pretty ROCKIN'

[fun fact:: jeep comes from military speek GP=general purpose]

Sombeech
10-17-2006, 07:35 AM
HEY SOMBEECH. how 'bout throwing some cool petropix up there in the image bar? i think they'd look pretty ROCKIN'

good point. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
10-17-2006, 10:31 AM
I wonder if the bolt collection at the top of Gemini Bridge is left over from "The Amazing Race". One of their stunts last year was the teams had to rappel from the side of the bridge.

Around my house the color of the jeep is referred to as "Ticket Bait Red". :haha:

Thanks for sharin' :2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks, guys. I loved the whole trip, even though I was seriously under the weather.

i was wondering when we'd see the photos from that trip.
Yeah - well, it took me a while to recover once I got home, then sort through the photos and collect my thoughts. Then, when I was finally ready, I dropped in at uutah.com to find a pi$$ing match going on about (what else) 'environmentalists'. Things cooled off eventually, but I didn't. (I take these things a little too seriously, I guess.) Anyway, I had to take a bit of a break from here. Poked my head in once in a while, and when I got back from my last trip to Utah in September, I felt ready to re-emerge.

[fun fact:: jeep comes from military speek GP=general purpose]

Mmm, Jeep. Bought a '99 TJ in July. All stock, great condition. It's taken me up some pretty serious logging roads here in BC, and I love it! Same colour as the Liberty I rented, and very shiny. Starting to get scratched down the sides, though. Slide alder on logging roads... It's amazing how quickly de-activated logging road get choked by vegetation around here.

asdf
10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
looks like a fun trip.

Is it just me or does that rope seem a little thick on IMG_2223.jpg

Cirrus2000
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
looks like a fun trip.

Yeah, it sort of does seem thick. I got closer, and they were using a double strand, but it looked like maybe 10mm or something quite normal - nothing odd.

So, you a Misfits fan, or Crimson Ghost? Classic avatar!

asdf
10-18-2006, 04:43 AM
looks like a fun trip.

Yeah, it sort of does seem thick. I got closer, and they were using a double strand, but it looked like maybe 10mm or something quite normal - nothing odd.

So, you a Misfits fan, or Crimson Ghost? Classic avatar!

Maybe its the light or my bad eyes. Anyways, great pics I have looked over them a few times and have really enjoyed them.

and yes, i am a misfits fan... old misfits back in the danzig days :rockon: