PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Bryce Drive-by

Cirrus2000
10-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Tony and I ended up spending our last day in Utah in a more relaxing manner than the first few. After deciding not to go to Bryce, so we could concentrate on Zion, we decided to go to Bryce. Yes, two air traffic controllers, whose livelihoods depend upon quick, decisive action, flip-flopping. Quite typical, actually...

We drove into Bryce, stopped at Inspiration Point, Bryce Point, and Sunset Point. Took a quick trip down into the Navajo Loop, where we were stopped by May's rockfall, and returned.

Late lunch at Ruby's Inn, and back to Springdale. Spent most of the night listening to some yahoos a couple of sites over, as they drunkenly regaled most of the campground with amusing stories of past shenanigans. Thank goodness for iPods...

Returned to Vegas early Saturday morning to start our trip home to Vancouver.

Another great Utah adventure (my second this year!) and the next one is now in the planning stages! (May; the whole family; Moab)

tanya
10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
You are talented with that camera. Is that La Verkin, Utah? Where is the sign from?

asdf
10-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Very nice pics, great colors.

Sombeech
10-15-2006, 08:09 PM
That's a sweet pic.

http://uutah.com/forum/files/imgp0724.jpg

Shan
10-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Very nice photos! Great light!

Yeah, LaVerkin is also the Gun Capitol of the USA or something like that. More gun owners per capita than anywhere else! We did some field work down on LaVerkin Creek and someone was firing gun shots above us to scare us out.

Win
10-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Those are some very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Shan, I think you might have heard gun fire from the shooting range that's above Laverkin Creek off RT 9 on your way to Zion. My house is on Laverlin Creek and we can occasionally hear the shooting.

Win