PDA

View Full Version : Checkin' in from T-ville

Win
10-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Just wanted to check in and say "Hi". My wife and I live about 20 miles from Zion and try to visit once a week. We like to hike, a little exploring, go out with our Rubicon and I like to photograph the area.

At 62, I doubt I'll be doing any climbing but I do enjoy day hikes and will be doing some backpacking in the future.

Win

Sombeech
10-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Great to have you on board! You live in some gorgeous area. We're looking forward to seeing your pictures. :cool2:

rockgremlin
10-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Welcome aboard!!

WOW! A non-spamming newby! Imagine that!

Iceaxe
10-13-2006, 09:42 AM
T-Ville.....

My friends from out of state swear the highway sign reads...

To-queer-ville :lol8:

:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

accadacca
10-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the outdoor fold. :cool2:

Alex
10-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Welcome aboard! 62 means nothing, the last time I met a 60+ couple coming down from Observation point, I asked them how much further it was. They told me it took them another 45 mins and it should take me 20-30 mins to the top......

My wife and I swore at the couple 3 hours later when we finally reached the top! So age doesn't mean anything in my book hehehe.

Hope you enjoy the site! :2thumbs:

tanya
10-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Just wanted to check in and say "Hi". My wife and I live about 20 miles from Zion and try to visit once a week. We like to hike, a little exploring, go out with our Rubicon and I like to photograph the area.

At 62, I doubt I'll be doing any climbing but I do enjoy day hikes and will be doing some backpacking in the future.

Win

Is Dr. Larsen still around? He was my favorite teacher when I went to SUU. He lived there and since I was a biology student he took our class to see his rather wild yard.

Win
10-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the welcome, folks. This site looks like it will be alot of fun!

I've heard alot of of plays on Toquerville, but that's a first! Usually having to do with something from my misguided youth.

Tanya, never heard that name but I'll ask a friend that's like the "Mayor". Still a small town despite all the building!

I always see "seniors" just cruising along. They're my heroes, I hope to retire some day and be in that kind of shape. Right now, working gets in the way of everything fun!

Win

Scott P
10-19-2006, 11:14 AM
62 means nothing

I agree. The most famous (infamous?) hiker in Utah is 63. My dad is 62 and still goes with us. My grandmother climbed Mount Sinai in her early 80's.

Good luck. :2thumbs: