PDA

View Full Version : Train honking the horn too much!!!!

Sombeech
10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
:frustrated:

Can anybody tell me what the law is (if any) concerning how much the Locomotive Conductors (train drivers for you young uns) can honk that loud horn?

I know they must do it at each crossing, but these guys are doing it long and loud on purpose. They'll just hold it down for 10 seconds at a time, and even when they're through the intersection?

Any tips on what the law is, and if there's anything I can do? I've thought about getting a pellet gun and shooting out the bastard's window when they do that as they pass me.

DickHead
10-11-2006, 07:16 AM
I always knew you lived on the wrong side of the tracks....(clicky) (http://www.nmt.edu/~ksanchez/ghetto.wav)

jumar
10-11-2006, 07:26 AM
I've wondered the same thing. I live close to an intersection and boy to they blare their horn at all hours of the night. :frustrated:

Scott P
10-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Join SUWA, and they can help you out. J/K.

Anyway, it's up to the city you live in. Cities are allowed to designate "quiet zones" in them. To do so however, the Railroad Administration requires that cities designating quiet zones to install quad gates and median separators where the tracks meet roadways. Otherwise, trains can and are required to blair their horns for a certain amount of time. You may want to try talking to the city about this.