PDA

View Full Version : smith fork & moqui

goofball
10-09-2006, 08:31 PM
interested in doing these this x-mas time. from what i have read smith
fork is a walk and clamber, no ropes required (not interested in any of
the tribs, which i have heard can be quite nasty). but how is access
in ? are those roads from 276 high clearance or can regular passenger
vehicles make it ok ? and how about the roads up to moqui from 276 ?
high clearance or hyundai friendly ?

shaggy125
10-10-2006, 01:24 PM
http://www.americansouthwest.net/slot_canyons/smith_fork/canyon.html

A lot of his descriptions don't include driving directions because he says he's protecting it from over crowding or something, but if you email the author, he'll send you directions... within a month or two.

Eric.

Iceaxe
10-10-2006, 01:28 PM
The guy that runs that site lives in England... nope, not New England.... the other England across the big pond.

He vacations in Southern Utah for about 2 months each year. I've exchanged emails with him before, seems like a nice enough guy.

:popcorn:

goofball
10-10-2006, 08:02 PM
thanks guys.

smith fork is pretty close to 276 to. i was told it is just as easy to access by parking just off the highway, might try that.

really interested in any moqui info. i know that complex has been poked around in. maps show roads going close to the southern rim, and even down in and along moqui. i know a "troubled teen" program is back in there all the time as well, so roads must be decent (relatively speaking). my partner is not so adventurous as i, or maybe she is just much more prudent, but i really want to go poke around there. maybe i will lie to her and say i have beta :naughty: that would probably get me this :eek2: and at least some of this :frustrated: and maybe even this :kicknuts: oh well, i'm immune to the groin kick now, its the mace in the face i still have to get used to.