10-09-2006, 05:52 PM
can anybody beat these?

chickenlicken
10-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Ouch, I don't want to!

asdf
10-09-2006, 06:52 PM
can anybody beat these?

I could at least match that, but I cant find the pic.
Did you get some new boots?

accadacca
10-09-2006, 07:04 PM
oh man snatch! :eek2: WTF dude! :ne_nau:

price1869
10-09-2006, 07:59 PM
No, you win the gay feet award. Halo?

marc olivares
10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
GOT MOLESKIN?

:roflol: obviously not....

basilone0331
10-10-2006, 12:34 AM
This is after a 16 mile march with 80 lbs pack on asphalt.

asdf
10-10-2006, 04:43 AM
:chairshot:

price1869
10-10-2006, 06:04 AM
K, I don't mean to minimalize your suffering, but . . .

They make shoes for hiking. You should try some, and if they don't work, you should try a different pair. I think I'll go throw up now.

BTW, why were you carrying an 80 lbs. pack for miles and miles on asphalt?

DickHead
10-10-2006, 06:30 AM
K, I don't mean to minimalize your suffering, but . . .

They make shoes for hiking. You should try some, and if they don't work, you should try a different pair. I think I'll go throw up now.

I'm going to put money down that its the military. His suffering for your freedom. BTDT

Battle scars?

basilone0331
10-10-2006, 09:38 AM

That was while I was in the military, believe me I would have worn my civilian hiking shoes if I could have.

DickHead
10-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Suck it up, Devil Dog!

Iceaxe
10-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Here is my last major battle scar....

Hard to believe you could mess up such a pretty face :haha:

accadacca
10-10-2006, 06:24 PM
What happened Ice?? :popcorn:

asdf
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
These Pics are of a buddy of mine.
As the story goes he was biking down some steep single track at about 5mph, hit a rock wrong, went over the bars, and the bike fliped over. He caught the rear drop out in his mouth. Scary slow speed crash with lots of damage to the grill.

Iceaxe
10-10-2006, 08:48 PM
What happened Ice??

SHARKS!!!

:lol8:

savanna3313
10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
What happened Ice?? :popcorn:

just remember now......NO means NO, ok?? :nono: :chairshot: :cripple:

Iceaxe
10-11-2006, 07:09 AM

More like Jealous Husband..... :roflol:

DickHead
10-11-2006, 07:13 AM
I guess after seein Ice's ugly mug and that gashed up lip, I gotta break out the big-guns....
I was bit on the ass by a dog May before last in South Jordan, while road biking. I had come out of a park's restroom and was starting up a hill with no momentum....and the dog charged me. My normal tact of bullying a dog and bluffing them down didn't work. This one charged right up and bit me without hesitation.

You can see where the top teeth scraped across my cheek. The large wound to the right is where the dog's canine dug in. This is after an ER visit where they debrided the wound and dug at it with a scalpel.
Enjoy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/Atc1man/cycling/Dogbite4-6-05.jpg
:bootyshake:

tanya
10-11-2006, 07:39 AM
I guess after seein Ice's ugly mug and that gashed up lip, I gotta break out the big-guns....
I was bit on the ass by a dog May before last in South Jordan, while road biking. I had come out of a park's restroom and was starting up a hill with no momentum....and the dog charged me. My normal tact of bullying a dog and bluffing them down didn't work. This one charged right up and bit me without hesitation.

You can see where the top teeth scraped across my cheek. The large wound to the right is where the dog's canine dug in. This is after an ER visit where they debrided the wound and dug at it with a scalpel.
Enjoy.

X rated shots. I like this group more all the time. :popcorn: This view is much better than Shane's little cut on his face.

DickHead
10-11-2006, 07:44 AM
X rated shots. I like this group more all the time. :popcorn: This view is much better than Shane's little cut on his face.

What can I say, it's my best side....
:mrgreen:

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 08:35 AM

More like Jealous Husband..... :roflol:

With a HYS wife, I guess you could be a jealous husband......what did the other guy's face look like?

:popcorn:

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 08:37 AM

Enjoy.

Ouch! Guess it was a good thing he caught you on the backside! :nod:

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 08:42 AM

Hey Tanya! It's about time you started popping up over here. We need more input from women! :2thumbs: Maybe you will be more fortunate than I am and Sombeech won't constantly be moderating you! :lol8:

tanya
10-11-2006, 09:02 AM

Hey Tanya! It's about time you started popping up over here. We need more input from women! :2thumbs: Maybe you will be more fortunate than I am and Sombeech won't constantly be moderating you! :lol8:

Sombeech? I can handle that one moderating me. He is sort of cute. Are you having problems with the guy? He does not like Southern charm or what? :popcorn:

I am not swamped at work at the moment. It feels odd to have some free time so I though I would pop in and see what you and Shane are up to since you rarely visit me! :naughty:

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 09:08 AM

Sombeech? I can handle that one moderating me. He is sort of cute. Are you having problems with the guy? He does not like Southern charm or what? :popcorn:

I am not swamped at work at the moment. It feels odd to have some free time so I though I would pop in and see what you and Shane are up to since you rarely visit me! :naughty:

:haha: Oh....I think Sombeech likes my Southern charm - I even have my own "title" of Resident Southern Belle. I guess I just get carried away from time to time and that moderating foot comes down on me. :ne_nau: Actually, I just do things to make him moderate me because I like seeing him shirtless in the photo! :naughty:

tanya
10-11-2006, 09:23 AM
What happened Ice??

SHARKS!!!

I like the cut. I think it makes you look tough. The top photo is my favorite of you yet. How did you really get hurt :ahh: ?

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
I am not swamped at work at the moment. It feels odd to have some free time so I though I would pop in and see what you and Shane are up to since you rarely visit me! :naughty: [/color]

Just so you know, I do visit your site all the time and I have sent a lot of people over there to join. I even get the daily emails sent to me! :nod:
For those who don't know, Tanya is a legend! :hail2thechief: She has an awesome Yahoo group site along with a couple of Zion websites. Tons of info and wait wait wait !!! DO NOT forgot those awesome 'Ho'-made pies served at her family's restaurant. :2thumbs:

tanya
10-11-2006, 10:24 AM
I am not swamped at work at the moment. It feels odd to have some free time so I though I would pop in and see what you and Shane are up to since you rarely visit me! :naughty: [/color]

Just so you know, I do visit your site all the time and I have sent a lot of people over there to join. I even get the daily emails sent to me! :nod:
For those who don't know, Tanya is a legend! :hail2thechief: She has an awesome Yahoo group site along with a couple of Zion websites. Tons of info and wait wait wait !!! DO NOT forgot those awesome 'Ho'-made pies served at her family's restaurant. :2thumbs:

Oh my ... how sweet. How could Sombeach not LOVE your charm! :oops:

Sombeech
10-11-2006, 10:29 AM
How could Sombeach not LOVE your charm!

Aww, I do! savanna knows I love her. I love to give her a hard time as well. It's fun. :naughty:

Alex
10-11-2006, 10:32 AM
It's all fine and dandy, but what's the url? :ne_nau:

It's like writing a TR without pics :nono:

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 10:43 AM
It's all fine and dandy, but what's the url? :ne_nau:

It's like writing a TR without pics :nono:

Sorry......

Here ya go.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-national-park-canyoneering.htm

http://www.zionnational-park.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zion_National_Park_Hiking/

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 10:47 AM
How could Sombeach not LOVE your charm!

Aww, I do! savanna knows I love her. I love to give her a hard time as well. It's fun. :naughty:

awwww.....shucks! :wink: I love it when a man wants to give me a hard time. As the saying goes.....a good man is hard to find. No, wait.....maybe it's the other way around..... :haha:

Sombeech
10-11-2006, 10:51 AM
a good man is hard to find. No, wait.....maybe it's the other way around..... :haha:

Alex
10-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow, awesome site. I guess Tanya lives down there to dedicate so much time to the park?

tanya
10-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Wow, awesome site. I guess Tanya lives down there to dedicate so much time to the park?

Thanks! I do. I live on the east side of Zion. My Grandma homesteaded here before there was a road through the tunnel to the east side. So my family has been around a long time. I moved here in 1992 and have spent the last 3-4 years exploring the area almost every weekend.

tanya
10-11-2006, 11:46 AM
:haha: Actually, I just do things to make him moderate me because I like seeing him shirtless in the photo! :naughty:

Perfectly understandable :wink:

Alex
10-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Thanks! I do. I live on the east side of Zion. My Grandma homesteaded here before there was a road through the tunnel to the east side. So my family has been around a long time. I moved here in 1992 and have spent the last 3-4 years exploring the area almost every weekend.

Very cool! Where did you move from? I bet Zion back then during your grandma time was awesome....

Sombeech
10-11-2006, 12:32 PM
:haha: Actually, I just do things to make him moderate me because I like seeing him shirtless in the photo! :naughty:

Perfectly understandable :wink:

Uh oh, I'm gonna have to switch to this image instead, just to keep you women off of me. :cool2:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/babooveryverybadman.gif

savanna3313
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM

btw.......I have also sent people to the Climb-Utah site and even bought a few of Shane's books as gifts for my more hard core friends. :nod: They actually liked them, too! :ne_nau:

:haha:

Alex
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Uh oh, I'm gonna have to switch to this image instead, just to keep you women off of me. :cool2:

Who are you kidding? You are irresistible! :roflol:

Iceaxe
10-11-2006, 01:21 PM
I like the cut. I think it makes you look tough. The top photo is my favorite of you yet. How did you really get hurt

Skin cancer.... the doc did that to me.

Don't forget your sun screen :2thumbs:

tanya
10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
I like the cut. I think it makes you look tough. The top photo is my favorite of you yet. How did you really get hurt

That is not so sexy then! Sorry about the cancer. I hope everything is okay. Maybe you should give up the outdoors and concentrate more on indoor sports. You might have more fun. :naughty:

Iceaxe
10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
That is not so sexy then!

Dang it.... I knew I should have stuck with the Sharks story :lol8:

I hope everything is okay. Maybe you should give up the outdoors and concentrate more on indoor sports. You might have more fun. :naughty:

Yeah, everything is cool.... this was about 3 years ago. And I do concentrate on the indoor sports. I canyoneer so I can rest up for the second round :2thumbs:

Sombeech
10-11-2006, 04:50 PM

ouch. How did you detect it? bumps?

Iceaxe
10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
ouch. How did you detect it? bumps?

Looked like a zit but it would not heal. I typed the symptoms into Google and knew instantly that I had Basal Cell Carcinoma. The good thing is if you have to get cancer this is the one you want. It's probably the least serious of the cancers.

Sombeech
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
bump...

I'll let Mark tell us if he's got any bruising from this in a few days.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/Sombeech/crash.gif

Also, I'm interested in how Chere's healing up with her bout against the slickrock on Zen.

accadacca
01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Bogley super slow-mo at :20. :lol8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1HHwm6pVNQ

stefan
01-18-2010, 03:50 PM
yikes! crazy stuff! hope he's okay

how far away is the filmer? i suppose the camera is on zoom which is why it appears that the filmer is so close? did the filmer get hit in the process.

CarpeyBiggs
01-18-2010, 04:36 PM

how far away is the filmer? i suppose the camera is on zoom which is why it appears that the filmer is so close? did the filmer get hit in the process.

he's not zoomed in much at all, i'd bet. definitely hit the camera man, his legs at least. part of the reason why mark fell, it looks like. he sees that he's gonna hit the cameraguy and instead of trying to ride it out, he bails? that's how it appears, at least.

Sombeech
01-18-2010, 04:39 PM
No, he (theking648) was filming and got hit by Mark (glasscutter). Actually, he stopped Mark from rolling further down the hill.

You can see me just about to take the drop when I see Mark crash, so I hit the brakes and run down.

theking648
01-18-2010, 05:33 PM

the filmer thought it would be a great idea to try and get a ground up shot... in hopes of trying to make it more epic then it really was. and yes the filmer got hit with a bike. :lol8:

:roflol:

DaveOU812
01-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Oh Basilone. You silly grunts. Thats why I drove tanks. You guys carried your weapons. My weapon carried me. :bootyshake:

I think Mark wins it though. If only for the EPIC crash video.

KapitanSparrow
01-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I have leftover scars from one of these badboys:

http://teamofmonkeys.com/html/images/a%20Ilizarov%20External%20Fixation%20at%20Bat%20Ya m%20Migdal%20Zahav%20Israel%202006%20yfrimer.jpg

Only mine ran the full lenght of me left leg :roflol:

bbennett
01-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I have leftover scars from one of these badboys:

http://teamofmonkeys.com/html/images/a%20Ilizarov%20External%20Fixation%20at%20Bat%20Ya m%20Migdal%20Zahav%20Israel%202006%20yfrimer.jpg

Only mine ran the full lenght of me left leg :roflol:

Wow! Did it work or did they end up having to fuze the ankle?