PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report bald mountain th

goofball
10-09-2006, 05:47 PM
went up in the uintas today. plan was to take the notch mountain trail in and loop back to wall lake, then x-country it back to the bm th. i git to bench lake and it started snowing pretty hard. then the thunder and lightning began. sooooo... i thought i should go back to the car forthwith so getting back down the mountains wouldn't be as hard as it would after 3 more hours of snow. damn good time. i love the elements. this was a gorgeous area and i could spend a solid weekend there and still not wander all i want to. here are some "happy little trees" to totally butcher the beauty my eyes took in.

Sombeech
10-09-2006, 06:33 PM
interesting photo effect. Is it the "smudge stick" effect? I think I've seen that somewhere.

accadacca
10-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Sweet! :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
10-09-2006, 08:07 PM
:popcorn:

goofball
10-09-2006, 08:36 PM
interesting photo effect. Is it the "smudge stick" effect? I think I've seen that somewhere.

actually, that is the cheap ass nokia phone camera effect. i REALLLY need a good digital. i always bust 'em up though. after 4 in one year i decided to forget it, but i love to take photos so i guess i need to spring for a decent digital. or better yet a good medium format.

Sombeech
10-09-2006, 08:41 PM
actually, that is the cheap ass nokia phone camera effect.

Wow, that's a lot better than my phone. Cool pics though.