PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Granite Creek Canyon

fouristhenewone
10-01-2006, 04:26 PM
I want to thank James for posting his TR on this beautiful canyon. The wife and I headed down Friday morning with the dogs in the back of the Durango. It was a bit of a drive, but boy was it worth it. I have to say it ranks up there with the most beautiful places I've been. Huge granite outcroppings surround you, fresh stream running right next to camp, and it's remote enough that we saw a total of 3 people all weekend.

The weather was perfect all weekend with highs in the 70's and low's in the high 30's. Saturday my wife and I split up, her taking the dogs towards Red Mountain, me bushwalking up the north side of the canyon. I got worn out by the brush, but got some outstanding views both up and down canyon.

Anyhow, thanks again for the info James, and I hope you enjoy the pictures.

accadacca
10-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Looks like a nice trip for you all. I enjoyed your pictures thanks. :five:

asdf
10-01-2006, 07:13 PM
sweet pics.
How long did it take you to get to your camp site from SLC?

fouristhenewone
10-01-2006, 07:38 PM
about 3 and a half hours.

James_B_Wads2000
10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Nice TR fouristhenewone,

I hope you don

fouristhenewone
10-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Not a problem. I'm so used to the 19" with high res that I forget that other people might have a problem with the bigger res. Summit actually already harrassed me, but by the end of day Sunday I was too lazy to do ANYTHING more. Got home and spent the next three hours bottling a fresh batch of home brew.

My wife really only made it to the base of Red Mountain, but I think next time I'm there I'll try and bag both Ibapah and Red. I did see the petroglyphs, and took a few semi-decent pics.