PDA

View Full Version : How did you meet your significant other?

Iceaxe
09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
How did you meet your significant other?

I met Mrs. Ice in a night club..... imagine that.... :friday:

Anyhoo.... she was by far the hottest chick in the club and all the guys were hitting on her...... so I made a paper rose out of a bar napkin and handed it to her.... she melted.... the rest is history. Been together for 15 1/2 years, married for 13.

:party:

R
09-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Abby and I worked together at my newspaper. She sold ads, and as you know, I am the photographer. She had a plaque on her desk that read "Abby S. Milligan." For months I tried to guess her middle name, and to keep me coming back, she would never tell me. For much of that period I was wasting time pursuing another woman who was something of a psycho. When I finally gave up on psycho girl, Abby was still there.

She left the newspaper shortly after we started dating. Presently she is at Pre-Paid Legal Services, which has its world headquarters in Ada...

http://www.prepaidlegal.com/

One year after we started going out, we decided to get married, with absolutely no hesitation. We picked her parents anniversary, October 12. As many of you will recall, we got married in Utah, at Delicate Arch...

http://richardbarron.net/wedding/

The plaque on her desk now reads "Abby S. M. Barron." And in case you are interested, she doesn't have a middle name. The S is for her maiden name, Shoffner. :nod:

Sombeech
09-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Blind date.

Iceaxe
09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Blind date.

After seeing pictures of you I understand this to mean she is blind??? :lol8:

http://uutah.com/forum/Photos/RotatingBanner/L/29.jpg

Just yanking your chain :five:

DickHead
09-20-2006, 06:01 PM
In a Discoteq in Mexico......she was drunk
:roflol:
Now she's stuck with me.... :haha:

Reedus
09-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Mail order bride from Russia :nod:

accadacca
09-20-2006, 06:09 PM
We met in a psychology class in college. Going on 9 years...and two motorcycles in the garage. :cool2: Things are going great and yes I aced the class! :lol8:

Udink
09-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I met my wife when I was in 5th grade. I had just moved to a new town and had to make new friends, and I happened to make friends with my future wife's brother. I hated her for 7 years after I met her, but for some reason after I graduated from high school, we hooked up. I guess I violated Man Law #5 (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3517). :roflol:

Iceaxe
09-20-2006, 09:02 PM
I guess I violated Man Law #5 (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3517). :roflol:

Your cool since you married her....

"5: If you've known a guy for more than 24 hours, his sister is off limits forever unless you actually marry her. "

:2thumbs:

rockgremlin
09-21-2006, 06:13 AM
We had known each other all throughout high school. A few years after graduation, she called me up out of the blue. We went out once, and the rest is history.

Going on ten years now.

jumar
09-21-2006, 07:57 AM
so I made a paper rose out of a bar napkin and handed it to her

I pulled the same stunt. LOL

I had the choice of going on a blind date with my future wife, or go with another girl I knew. I chose to go with the girl I already knew. <sigh>

But then she asked me out to a dance, where I gave her the paper rose. LOL

Our second date was ice climbing in Joe's Valley.

Been married 5 years and we're expecting our first little climber in november.

Iceaxe
09-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Sweet..... chicks love the ol' paper rose :2thumbs:

Our second date was ice climbing in Joe's Valley.

Hey..... that's the same place you took me on our second date :ne_nau:

:haha:

Mtnbiker
09-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Cool topic.

My wife picked me up at the grocery store.. sorta :mrgreen:

We had noticed each other a few times in the store during our shopping.. She was HOT :) Anyway, being the gutless wonder that I was at the time, I never made a move or said anything.

Then I played the casual stalker and pretended to be interested in the frozen food aisle while non-chalantly studying every move she made in the checkout line.

So.. I go out to my truck and kick myself for being such a wuss, and there it is. A note on the back of my truck with her email! I said no way, this stuff does not really happen!

I was stumped... how did she know who I was or what I drove? Then I was a little worried, haha!

Turns out she just happened to walk in the store behind me and saw what I was driving. Anyhoo, we met for a walk in the park and have been inseperable since then! I often think if I would've waited to go into that store by 30 seconds we likely would've never met!

5 happy years later with one year of marriage under our belts and we are lovin life :2thumbs: now she's my do everything partner. We bike, climb, snowboard, hike, camp and canyon together... (and other stuff too :lol8: )

Moral of the story: if you're looking for a mountain biking partner, go to the Kroger in Ann Arbor Michigan on Thursday. That's where they all hang out. :five: (course, she wasn't a biker at the time)

DaveOU812
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Mine was a friend of an ex-girlfriend. I actualy won her over by doing card tricks and a magic floating card trick. She was hooked. :five:

Sombeech
09-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Blind date.

After seeing pictures of you I understand this to mean she is blind??? :lol8:

http://uutah.com/forum/Photos/RotatingBanner/L/29.jpg

Just yanking your chain :five:

The hair gets 'em going in a frenzy.

Shan
09-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Right here in Utah, 1999. He was a wilderness ranger for the Duchesne Ranger District, and I was the new GIS intern.

He saw my mountain bike on my car and said he had to meet this girl!

Of course I was the only girl out of like 20 guys - I had some choices! Oh, there was some fights over me.
:haha:

TreeHugger
09-23-2006, 07:33 AM
At a cyclocross race. He was racing I was spectating. A mutual friend introduced us.

It's funny because he was about to come to Utah for an interview and he had never been here. I'd been here a bunch to climb and was talking about how awesome it was. I made a comment about how it's so cool I could live there. If I hadnt said that, he wouldnt have even asked me out! It was fate. 6 months later we were engaged, and moving to SLC!! Happily married for 3 years now. Rock on, he's awesome!! :-)

greyhair biker
10-05-2006, 03:45 PM
my wife was selling drugs and I was a gun runner....she worked in the drug department and I across the store in sporting goods(heehee). We spied each other from across the store and the rest is as they say Kismet, otherwise we'd have never met 'cause she went to Kearns High and I went to Hillcrest - both class of '82. Now it's been 23 years & going :2thumbs: