Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqR0-FUQyp0

Iceaxe
09-16-2006, 10:25 PM
:lol8: :2thumbs:

stefan
09-17-2006, 06:00 AM
funny stuff :popcorn:

my favorite mispronounced utah name ... i was about to start a 6 day trip on the green river near duchesne (dew-chezney) and we had met some folks from colorahhhdo. i asked them where they had stayed the night before (as we camped at the put it) and one guy responded

vern--AWL

i literally thought for a moment (i was 13 years old) and i laughed and said
oh you mean VERNL :haha:

DickHead
09-17-2006, 08:22 AM
I don't care who you are...that's just funny shit....
(Creative, too!)
:2thumbs:

James_B_Wads2000
09-17-2006, 10:34 AM
My favorite mispronunciation for Utah towns are:

"Prova" for Provo, and "Arm" for Orem.

Funny video. :2thumbs:

James

Iceaxe
09-17-2006, 12:03 PM
My favorite mispronunciation for Utah towns are:

"Prova" for Provo, and "Arm" for Orem.

:roflol: Spend much time in happy valley and you will discover they were pronounced correctly and its the rest of the world who is wrong....

Just watching the clip I'm guessing it was made by a couple of BYU students??? Maybe for a film class or something???

:popcorn:

Scott Card
09-18-2006, 08:08 AM
My favorite mispronunciation was an out of state claims adjuster who called me. My client's auto accident happened in on I-15 just before Nephi, in Juab County. The claims adjuster asked it she was correct that the accident happened in "Nep high" in "wab" county. It took me a second but I figured out what she was saying. I had to inform her that they are pronounced "Neefi" and "Jeeeewab" - certain vowels you have to hold a little longer than others you see. Also, I explained that there is no rhyme or reason in Utah to when you pronounce names with the Spanish pronunciation or when you just do the Festus from Gun Smoke twang and slaughter it. :haha: