PDA

View Full Version : The Gap loves AC/DC

Sombeech
09-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Maybe you've seen the new Gap commercial with Audrey Hepburn dancing to Back in Black.

Of course, anytime I hear the song, I'm instantly nodding my head in happiness. There seems to be quite the uproar by Audrey Hepburn fans though, thinking this is somehow defiling her in her grave.

Oh well. My point is, this is not the first time the Gap has played Back in Black on a commercial. Remember this one? The chick playing the song next to a wall of Marshall amps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-RWohfySDE

And here's the current one. I'm not sure how long this link will last...

http://www.gap.com/browse/home.do

accadacca
09-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Ahhhh screw em. Its common knowledge that you cant disrespect someone with AC/DC. What IS a disrespect is that these people think this is disrespectful. :lol8:

Sombeech
09-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Is anybody considering AC/DC's feelings? Maybe they've been offended 'cause their song was used for some gay commercial.

stefan
09-15-2006, 04:14 AM
AC/DC's feeling's?

wouldn't they have authorized the use of the song in the video? or does someone else own the rights? the earlier commecial was much better.

ac∫dc DOES rock :rockon:

Mtnman1830
09-15-2006, 05:33 AM
Eh, I have seen it once, and thought it was pretty creative.
Maybe next time they will have Lucille Ball dancing to Rob Zombie?

greyhair biker
09-15-2006, 07:10 AM
:rockon: :2thumbs:

asdf
09-15-2006, 07:21 AM
The gap link.. that model is NASTY! her legs are so skinny it looks like if she was to jump off a curb she would break both of them.

Sombeech
09-15-2006, 07:59 AM
The gap link.. that model is NASTY!

That's the late Audrey Hepburn. Be careful, there are nutz out there that will assassinate you for saying that.

wouldn't they have authorized the use of the song in the video?
Yeah, I'm just jokin' around. This ad is causing quite the stir out there amongst critics and Hepburn fans. They're about to erupt in a riot or something.

marc olivares
09-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Where's the "i'm not offended, i like it" option....

i think the photo editing is super crisp, and nicely done.

besides, i cant stand AC/DC, so why should that bother me.... :roflol:

Sombeech
09-15-2006, 08:48 AM
besides, i cant stand AC/DC, so why should that bother me.... :roflol:

:ahhh:

You've just lost your membership for a month.

asdf
09-15-2006, 09:01 AM
The gap link.. that model is NASTY!

That's the late Audrey Hepburn. Be careful, there are nutz out there that will assassinate you for saying that.

wouldn't they have authorized the use of the song in the video?
Yeah, I'm just jokin' around. This ad is causing quite the stir out there amongst critics and Hepburn fans. They're about to erupt in a riot or something.

Not in the video... on the gap page...

Sombeech
09-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Not in the video... on the gap page...

Oh, ok. Yeah, she must be a cancer victim.

Scott Card
09-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey, is that the one I saw "purging" behind Outback Steak house??? :lol8:

savanna3313
09-15-2006, 09:51 AM
What are you guys bitchin' about??!! You don't have to try to put your
J-Lo butt in those jeans. :lol8: This is the new style (from an old style) for fall, but unfortunately, you have to be a stick like Audrey Hepburn to look right in those pants! :roll:

greyhair biker
09-15-2006, 11:45 AM
I didnt know Twiggy had a daughter :ne_nau:
I don't understand why women think that's attractive/beautiful! A little 'healthy' on the bones is NOT unattractive. Yes, a nice body is good for show and I'd be lying if I said otherwise...yea, I'm a guy, but an awesome personality wins out every time :bootyshake: