PDA

View Full Version : Snowbasin Resort invite -- Sept 16th

Sombeech
09-13-2006, 09:41 PM
A few of us will be at Snowbasin Resort this coming Saturday. Because of morning commitments, @noon (or later) is when we'll get up there.

The forecast for Saturday is calling for rain, with a high of 50 degrees. THE RESORT MAY NOT EVEN BE OPEN, I'll have to find out if they close for this.

But, if the weather turns out alright and the Resort stays open, we will be up there. It will actually be nice if it rains on Friday, to settle all of that dust on the trail.

Snowbasin's website for more info:
http://www.snowbasin.com/index_s.asp

All day gondola pass is $14, and hours are from 9-6, Fri - Sun.

live2ride
09-14-2006, 08:35 AM
The resort is never closed if you want to climb up!!! :2thumbs: I think I will climb up in the morning and get to the needles lodge if the weather turns out ok. I will let you guys know.

accadacca
09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Dang boys you could see snow!!! :eek2:

From what I have been hearing it could be pretty cold this weekend. I will be the Utah State vs. Utah game this Saturday night in Logan. Brrrr I hope my boys don't freeeeze. :cold: Winter is around the bend...

Sombeech
09-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Winter is around the bend...

On that note, Mark and I hit the Shoreline trail last night. The sun goes down at 8:00 now, and we were coming back in the dark.

The days of riding after work are coming to an end.

live2ride
09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Winter is around the bend...

On that note, Mark and I hit the Shoreline trail last night. The sun goes down at 8:00 now, and we were coming back in the dark.

The days of riding after work are coming to an end.

Time for the Nightriders, to be unleasshed. Night riding is one of my favorite things to do. If anyone wants to go with me I have an extra light? Let me know!!!

Sombeech
09-15-2006, 07:56 AM
It's looking pretty scary out there. I think we're going to bag it.

My main purpose of going again was to get helmetcam footage. It won't be that great in the rain and mud. -- and I don't have a waterproof box for the camcorder yet.

The next time I can make it up there will be the very last weekend they are open. This is Sept 30th. I'll be fishin' the Green River this next weekend. :fishing:

shagster
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey man I thin Dan and I are going to hit it either way. The only reason we won't be going is if it is Snowing up there, then I might need a sled, not a bike. Just think no dust, and a softer landing when I crash in the mud.. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
09-15-2006, 10:38 AM
It definitely needs the rain. That dust was nuts.

It would be great if it's sunny tomorrow.

Live weathercams....

http://www.snowbasin.com/images/cams/plaza_00001.jpg

http://www.snowbasin.com/images/cams/superpipe_0000000000000001.jpg

http://www.snowbasin.com/images/cams/needles_00001.jpg

live2ride
09-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Might as well call it off for sure, I have been caught in small rainstorms up there in snowbasin and it makes it impossible to ride because the trails get crazy. Not to mention the lightning gets pretty bad up there to.

Somebeech, I want to ride with you guys at least once this year so let me know when you will go again. I will be out of town from the 19-21, but mon or fri would be cool. Later

Sombeech
09-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Check it out. The snow's flying in that last camera.

asdf
09-15-2006, 04:49 PM
STOKED! I just drove home from work and Timp has snow on the top 500 feet or so.

live2ride
09-17-2006, 02:11 PM
STOKED! I just drove home from work and Timp has snow on the top 500 feet or so.

What does Timp have to do with Snowbasin? :roflol:

asdf
09-17-2006, 03:55 PM

What does Timp have to do with Snowbasin? :roflol:

accadacca wrote: Winter is around the bend..
I am stoked winter is around the bend... there was snow on timp... sorry. have a mod delete the post if it bothers you so much.

live2ride
09-17-2006, 09:07 PM
No its cool, I was just curious if there was some connection with them? I thought it was pretty funny.

asdf
09-18-2006, 06:02 AM
I am very excited to see snow, really stoked to get out and ride.

live2ride
09-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I am just the opposite, the snow makes me cry since I don't board; however, I need to get into a little Snowboarding this winter. I just need someone to go with and a little bit of direction on what to buy to get started.

Sombeech
09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I keep renting snowboards, have been for years. I'll only make it out 2-3 times a year, and this is the most cost effective for me.

It is a little difficult to find my boot size and board size on a busy night though..

But anyways, I'm thinking we'll be able to bike Snowbasin one more time this year. I'm aiming for Sept 30th.

Sombeech
09-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Ha Ha, it's not too cold for the bugs yet. I snagged this image from the first weather cam.

shagster
09-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey somebeech you gonna try to hit it this weekend? If I remember correctly this is the last weekend that they are open to bikers. Let me know what ya think. I am planning on it. Anyone else interested in going feel free, maybe we can get some sweet downhillin video.

Sombeech
09-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey somebeech you gonna try to hit it this weekend?

You know, there's always something. :frustrated:

We cancelled the Green River trip last weekend because not enough people could go, and I ended up helping Clint install his sprinklers.

This weekend I'm afraid I'll have to help Neil re-roof his house. :roll: I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it.

It looks like the snow will probably be melted though.
http://www.snowbasin.com/images/cams/needles_00001.jpg

live2ride
09-26-2006, 08:14 PM
I am gonna go up Basin or else Ben Lomond. Anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome. Let me know if anyone wants to join!

shagster
09-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Well it looks like I am going to be gone on Saturday after all. I am going to try and head up Friday early a.m. for a couple of runs. I have never been up there biking so what trails would you recommend if I only have about three hours to spend? Thanks for the help.

Sombeech
09-28-2006, 12:09 PM
I would hit Porcupine for most of the day. You can try Needles, but it's pretty bland. Porcupine is pretty much the main trail there.

There are a few off shoots, but I'd just stay on the big P.

Sorry I can't make it tomorrow wit ya.