PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gorge of Muddy Creek Options

asdf
09-13-2006, 07:11 AM
I am thinking about doing Ding and Dang next weekend so I am going to be in the area.
I have gone down and up the grand gorge of muddy creek from hidden
splendor and was wondering if anyone has done it from the south side?

Does this road cross the muddy creek? If so, how is the hike following the creek up to the gorge? Would this be worth doing?

Out of the hundreds of times that I have been in that area I have never gone much further down the little wild horse road then the ding dang parking area.

Thanks for any info.

Iceaxe
09-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I've done Muddy Creek Gorge from the bottom. Yeah its a nice hike. First hour is out in the open but after that you enter the gorge and its nice. The road is often pretty rough between Ding-Dang and the river crossing (high clearance vehicle at least maybe 4x4). The road is usually really good on both ends (LWH and Factory Butte). If you drive across the river don't stop or you will get stuck.

Anther Swell hike that would probably be pretty nice this weekend is the Lower Black Box.

LBB
http://climb-utah.com/SRS/lbb.htm

asdf
09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I would love to do the black boxes but with my wife being 5 months pregnant, its really not an option.
I think we are going to head up the grand gorge, hit a few other weekend warriors canyons in the area and let the 3 year old run wild in goblin.