PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 2006 Arapeen Jam

wojo342
09-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I spent a two days last week riding in the Arapeen Jam near Ferron Utah. Just thought I would share a few pics of the "Fix it Pass" ride where we got caught in a flash flood. It was scary, but fun at the same time.

wojo342
09-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Just a few more pics of the arches and beauty of this desert ride

fourtycal
09-13-2006, 07:17 AM
That looks like a fun trip. That trail system is sweet :hail2thechief: . Good pictures. thanks :ride:.

Sombeech
09-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm nabbing this for the image bar. :2thumbs:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/arapeen_jam_pics_009.jpg

MTpockets
09-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Isn't this arch with the long verticle opening near Swaseys Cabin? I was out exploring a couple years ago but because I was a lone vehicle I turned around near an arch that looked a lot like this one.

wojo342
09-26-2006, 06:58 AM
That would be the one. Did you take time to stop by Swasey's cabin? What a cool place to go. A short hike takes you down where they hung their meat in a natural "cooler!"

MTpockets
02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Yes, I've been to Swasey's cabin a couple times. Didn't spend too much time looking but have yet to see the cave where they hung their meat.

Drove down that road a ways until I found that arch. Since I was alone I didn't venture much farther because I didn't know what to expect and I was traveling alone.

I once had the gate in the fence marked on my GPS but when I went back the highway dept had fenced the gate and moved access down the road a few miles to an established exit.

But the last time I was there was two years ago this summer. At that time I came in from Goblin Valley and Temple Mt. with a friend from Albuquerque.

Now I'd like to go back with my ATV and explore the area.

MTpockets.

RugerShooter
02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
nice pictures looks like you had fun

MTpockets
02-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Ya know the more I think about it the more I want to go back with my jeep and ATV's and explore that trail further.

Meanwhile, I think I will see if I can find my video and pics of that trip.

MTpockets