PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used allofMP3.com?

Wasatch Rebel
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I heard as far as copyrights go, it's in a gray area, and thus, not illegal as of yet. Since I heard that songs were from 10 to 20 cents to download, I paid my up front ten bucks and tried it. It seems fine now, but I just wondered if anyone else has ever tried this website and what your opinion is if you have (or if you haven't concerning the "gray area" comment).

Anyway, here's the link: www.allofMP3.com.

asdf
09-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I heard as far as copyrights go, it's in a gray area, and thus, not illegal as of yet. Since I heard that songs were from 10 to 20 cents to download, I paid my up front ten bucks and tried it. It seems fine now, but I just wondered if anyone else has ever tried this website and what your opinion is if you have (or if you haven't concerning the "gray area" comment).

what are copyrights?
I pay to see bands when they come around. I will even buy a CD if I like it. But, I like to test drive my music... if ya know what i mean.

Sombeech
09-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Some of these sites might be in Russia. Legally in the U.S. I don't think you can download songs for less than .99 cents each (something like that).

When you find these really cheap ones, they're from out of the country where they don't prosecute piracy. What they ALSO don't prosecute, is identity theft. That's why these guys lure you in with cheap songs, and they install spyware.

Be carefull.

rock_ski_cowboy
09-05-2006, 06:47 PM

All of mp3 rocks. Their auto downloader tool is awesome too. No spy ware as far as I can tell and you can specify the quality you want, download whole albums, etc. Gray market or no, its a very well done site. I used to use it. Last I heard US lawyers are putting pressure on Russia to crack down on them but the government could care less. Even so, better go in 10 dollar increments because who knows how long it will last.

asdf
09-05-2006, 06:54 PM

All of mp3 rocks. Their auto downloader tool is awesome too. No spy ware as far as I can tell and you can specify the quality you want, download whole albums, etc. Gray market or no, its a very well done site. I used to use it. Last I heard US lawyers are putting pressure on Russia to crack down on them but the government could care less. Even so, better go in 10 dollar increments because who knows how long it will last.

So if its illegal why don't you just download free music? Why pay for if its not going the the record companies, um i mean.. artists.

Sombeech
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Last I heard US lawyers are putting pressure on Russia to crack down on them but the government could care less.

Yeah, but this is the same kind of pressure they put on Nigeria to stop scamming everybody, and the same for the Cayman Islands so the Gov't can start tracking the bank accounts. It will never happen.

Why pay for if its not going the the record companies, um i mean.. artists.

You're exactly right. The Anti-Piracy campaign wants to paint the picture of the starving artist so you won't download music. LIES. It's the Record Company who gets the money. They contract to pay the artist BEFORE THE ALBUM GETS PRODUCED. That's one little tidbit of info they forget to tell you.

asdf
09-06-2006, 09:42 AM
They contract to pay the artist BEFORE THE ALBUM GETS PRODUCED. That's one little tidbit of info they forget to tell you.

They can have my money when they tour. If a band or group sucks and cant preform live they get nothing.
But if you can put on a good live show, they get money from the ticket, Beer (9bucks each) and Tshirt that I will buy.

I am not paying money for crap and most music the comes out today is prefab-crap

Wasatch Rebel
09-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Last I heard US lawyers are putting pressure on Russia to crack down on them but the government could care less. Even so, better go in 10 dollar increments because who knows how long it will last.

I found a site on the web that basically proves that they're (AllofMP3.com)not doing anything illegal, because of some of the vagueness of the current copyright laws. The lawyers I think are record company lawyers that are trying to convince the Russian government to shut down the operation. I'll post the site address when I get home (I have it bookmarked for easy reference).

I don't do the free download sites because as much as I think the music corporations are just being greedy and the artists don't see most of it, I still believe in obeying the law. I even feel guilty when I drive over the speed limit. :haha: I'm just kind of funny that way. I don't judge others for doing what they think is okay, but for myself, I feel like I should obey the law as much as possible.

rock_ski_cowboy
09-07-2006, 08:38 AM
So if its illegal why don't you just download free music? Why pay for if its not going the the record companies, um i mean.. artists.

From what I understand, its not illegal. Thats mostly why. The record companies or artists ain't getting any of the profits, but I'm not doing anything illegal, and I like that feeling. Usually now, I download elsewhere, but knowing what quality I'm getting, ease of searching, automatic downloading, whole album downloads, etc. make paying a few cents worth it for me. YMMV

asdf
09-08-2006, 06:01 AM

From what I understand, its not illegal. Thats mostly why. The record companies or artists ain't getting any of the profits, but I'm not doing anything illegal, and I like that feeling. Usually now, I download elsewhere, but knowing what quality I'm getting, ease of searching, automatic downloading, whole album downloads, etc. make paying a few cents worth it for me. YMMV

I think its absured to charge 15 dollars for a CD
40 dollars for a concert ticket
35 dollars for a T-shirt
60 dollars for a Hoddie
8.50 for a beer

Now I am will to pay for a few of those, but only if I like the music/artist/band. I look at it like test driving before I commit to a purchase.