PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Slickrock bike trail Moab

fourtycal
09-04-2006, 06:01 PM
DJ (my 14 year old son) and I decided on Friday after work that we should do something for the Labor day weekend so we loaded Motorbikes, Guns and climbing gear and headed to southern Utah to ride Slickrock, hunt Doves, target shoot to warm up for the upcoming Deer hunt, Geocache and hike the Fry canyon slots.

First stop Saturday morning was Slickrock trail in Moab. We had such a good time that we ended up riding it again on Monday morning on the way back home.
Here are a few pics.

welsmj64
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Looks like you guys had fun. Hey if you get down here again and need any maps of places to go ride drop me an email. I have OHV trail maps on my website, but I would be glad to give you directions to some really fun places to ride. :eek2:

fourtycal
09-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Looks like you guys had fun. Hey if you get down here again and need any maps of places to go ride drop me an email. I have OHV trail maps on my website, but I would be glad to give you directions to some really fun places to ride. :eek2:

I will have to do that. We have been on almost all of the common Moab biking trails on pedal bikes, motorbikes, fourwheelers and the Jeep (we have even hiked a couple) :mrgreen: . I know there is some trail south of Moab about halfway to Monticello I would like to ride. I have seen riders above looking down at the highway but I don't know the trail. Next time I am down I'll e-mail you.
I'll be hunting the Blues in four weeks and if it works like usual I will tag the first day and spend the rest of the week playing in the surrounding area :cool2: . Maybe we'll talk then.

Sombeech
09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
That looks like a blast.

If any mtn bikers give you a raunchy look, just remind them that the trail was discovered by dirtbikes.

welsmj64
09-25-2006, 01:07 PM
fourtycal

Sounds great! I drew out this year for Elk on Elk Ridge so I wont be out until I think November. So give me a call I'll show what I have and some great rides near Monticello or Blanding. :2guns: