PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend

Reedus
08-31-2006, 06:30 AM
Just curious as to everyones plans for the last big weekend of the summer Let's hear em'.

rockgremlin
08-31-2006, 06:45 AM
More canyoneering.

I've got my eye on Hideout and Fry Canyons.

jumar
08-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Hanging with the pregnant wife.

Scott P
08-31-2006, 08:17 AM
Canyoneering.

asdf
08-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Go-Ride downhill race at sundance on monday.
Anyone coming down to hit up the trails this weekend?

Shan
08-31-2006, 08:54 AM
I have had house guests June, July and August and just got done with a week long vacation with the last guests so I am happy to sit at home and relax this weekend. I think hubby is getting sent to the Unitas for work, so it will be even more relaxing to have the house to myself!

Reedus
08-31-2006, 09:22 AM
My 7 month pregnant wife is going to Albuquerque to visit her parents. I am staying home. Probably go do some fly fishing down on the Manti Lasal. Anybody care to come, PM me

Reed

accadacca
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
No plans yet...crept up on me. Prolly ride the BMW somewhere...a friend just bought a new one. Need to get cracking on the plans...

Glockguy
08-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Lone Peak or Pfeifferhorn on Monday.

Alex
08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Rebuilding a deck, fixing the house and yard work :cry:

After none stop 6 weeks of outting, my wife finally put her foot down :deal: :chairshot:

moabfool
08-31-2006, 12:16 PM
First I got an invitation to road trip out to San Francisco. Tempting and I really wanted to go. Then I got invited to climb the Grand Teton. Even more tempting and the weather looks perfect. Then I got an invitation to go to Havasupai. http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=961

Well, the people who were going to SF were taking their mother (in-law) so I bagged that plan. Then I realized that I haven't stood on top of anything higher than a ladder all summer, so I didn't think the Grand Teton would be a good idea. Worst of all, the people headed to Havasupai left this morning and I had to work. I almost called in sick, but I don't need that kind of karma. I feel like a starving man at a buffet with his mouth sewn shut :cry1: .

So, long story short, does anybody want to hike/climb Mt. Nebo on Saturday? I need altitude if I want to climb The Grand in two weeks (weather permitting). All my friends who would want to go are either going to San Francisco, on their way to Havasupai, or busy. If nobody bites I'll probably hike Timp on Saturday.

DickHead
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm still hoping to hike into Marjorie lake on Sunday. Anyone have any good info on this hike?

Scott P
08-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Anyone have any good info on this hike?

I do, but don't know if you want the below since you are moving:

http://www.summitpost.org/images/small/176734.JPG

If you did, I would give it to you for 1/2 price, or if you didn't I could post more info here tomorrow. I would have to look it up.

Here's what I already have on the net, so I can just cut and paste:

Driving directions:

Crystal Lake is reached from the Trial Lake spur road off Highway 150 25.7 miles east and north of Kamas. Follow the signs along the spur road to Crystal Lake. This gravel road is good for all vehicles.

Hiking directions:

From the trailhead, take the trail posted for Long and Island Lakes. The first part of the trail is actually and old road that heads west and stays above Crystal Lake. There is a sign-posted junction at the end of the old road. Turn left (west) at the junction. The trail heads west for a mile and switchbacks up to Watson Pass. From Watson Pass, the trail continues west and drops gradually one mile to Long Lake. About half way between Watson Pass and Long Lake, there is a hard to spot and un-marked junction with the Middle Fork Weber River "Trail". Chances are you wont see it. Continue on the main trail. Just before Long Lake, there is another junction with the trail to Weir Lake and North Fork Provo River.

I don't have the rest in front of me and on the net, but you can reach Marjorie Lake from nor far from Weir. I'll have to look up more detail, but if you have a map, you should be able to find it without a problem. PS, Hidden Lake used to have the best fishing in the area, but haven't been there in 9 years or so. I assume it still should be good. PS, steer clear of camping at Island or Long Lakes on Labor Day weekend!

Anyway, have a good time. Enjoy Utah while you can!

marc olivares
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM

After none stop 6 weeks of outting, my wife finally put her foot down :deal: :chairshot:

this is funny, after doing stuff 6 of the last 8 weeks, the wife finally said basically the same thing.

we'll be doing landscaping this weekend :haha:

accadacca
08-31-2006, 02:45 PM

this is funny, after doing stuff 6 of the last 8 weeks, the wife finally said basically the same thing.

we'll be doing landscaping this weekend :haha:
:chairshot: :gap: :comppunch: :lol8: Yup, funny!

marc olivares
08-31-2006, 03:06 PM
:chairshot: :gap: :comppunch: :lol8: Yup, funny!
sure, rub it in..... :cry1:

Iceaxe
08-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Here is my weekend plan....

ogdmfg
09-01-2006, 05:49 AM
sundance race on mon, gotta try out the new frame I am finishing up today after work

ogdmfg
09-01-2006, 05:50 AM
iceaxe,
that is just wrong, on so many levels

asdf
09-01-2006, 06:02 AM
sundance race on mon, gotta try out the new frame I am finishing up today after work

what class are you riding in?

cachehiker
09-01-2006, 07:38 AM
So, long story short, does anybody want to hike/climb Mt. Nebo on Saturday?

Nebo is next up on my list for the Wasatch Front. Unfortunately, I don't join in the fight for campsites on holiday weekends nor am I willing to spend time finding cheaper accomodations at the last minute. I just committed to helping a friend lead a mountain bike ride on Saturday anyway.

I'll be riding my road bike up to Hardware Ranch on Sunday with some other friends and haven't decided on anything for Monday yet. The rest of the weekend will be filled with lawn mowing, laundry, dishes, and more organizing in the garage.

What Fun!

ogdmfg
09-01-2006, 10:47 AM
EXPERT 30-34

DickHead
09-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Anyone have any good info on this hike?

I do, but don't know if you want the below since you are moving:

http://www.summitpost.org/images/small/176734.JPG

If you did, I would give it to you for 1/2 price, or if you didn't I could post more info here tomorrow. I would have to look it up.

Here's what I already have on the net, so I can just cut and paste:

Driving directions:

Crystal Lake .....Hiking directions:

From the trailhead, .......

I don't have the rest in front of me and on the net, but you can reach Marjorie Lake from nor far from Weir...... !

Dude thanks for the info! I'm actually going to swing by REI or sumpthin on my way home from work to get the quadrant map, and a shiny new compass (can't find mine).

accadacca
09-01-2006, 02:37 PM
A friend and I are riding this route on Monday morning. We will pass 7 lakes...count them. :cool2:

shaggy125
09-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Working twelve hour shifts each day of the weekend (Sat - Mon). I can't really complain though since I just had nine days off in a row without taking vacation :nod: .

Sombeech
09-01-2006, 09:07 PM
For those of you who haven't hit the road yet, check out the Traffic Cameras (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2058) first to give you an idea of the travel time.

Yeah, I'm a day late with this one. I've had the whole week off, due to a new baby, and I'm losing track of the days. I'll be changing diapers this weekend. Those are my plans. :2thumbs:

marc olivares
09-01-2006, 10:00 PM
A friend and I are riding this route on Monday morning. We will pass 7 lakes...count them. :cool2:

your on beemers, why arent you taking the pass from Midway to american fork?

much better scenery than provo canyon....
or at the very least, alpine loop.... :ne_nau:

accadacca
09-02-2006, 09:08 AM
your on beemers, why arent you taking the pass from Midway to american fork?

much better scenery than provo canyon....
or at the very least, alpine loop.... :ne_nau:
Well my buddy has to be back before noon and he lives in Provo. It just works best to drop him off.