PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up draft order?

nelsonccc
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
1. Rusty Trombones
2. Savage Injuns
3. Purple People Eater
4. Ice
5. Royd Landis
6. Big Balls
7. Vegas Strippers
8. P-Diddy Crew
9. Wasatch Wasps
10. Who's Your Daddy
11. Who's Your Daddy
12. Wasatch Wasps
13. P-Diddy Crew
14. Vegas Strippers
15. Big Balls
16. Royd Landis
17. Ice
18. Purple People Eaters
19. Savage Injuns
20. Rusty Trombones

If this is the draft order than something got screwed up, since Purple & Trombone both ended up with the 5th and 6th picks on RB's, while Vegas & big balls were before Wasps and the wasps still got Tomlinson. If you look at the draft order, Yahoo drafted in the following order;
1.Wasps
2.Landis
3.iCE
4.Savage
5.Rusty
6.Big Balls
7.Vegas
8.Daddy
9.Purple
10.Crew
you can tell this is the draft order since it shows the pick # next to the name of the person drafted. Fore xample the first pick in our draft was tomlinsons to the Wasps and so on... What's going on up there with you Utah Boys? I'm not too concerened since i went 7th either way, but if i was rusty or purple I'd be super pissed since tehy went from being 1st and 3rd to being 5th and 9th. On the other hand if your the wasps your stoked cause instead of 10th you went 1st. He must have paid more $ then the rest of us. :naughty: Whats up?

accadacca
08-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah, WTF?? I dont get it... :ne_nau:

rockgremlin
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree. Personally, I'm not complaining, cause I got some decent picks, but Rusty Trombones and Purple People got raped. Meanwhile, Ice (ranked 4th) makes out with the best TE AND WR in the league.

Something is not right here....

Is it possible to scrap the previous draft, and draft again?

icthys
08-29-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure what happened.

I most definately set the draft order so something went wacky.

I'll look into it but from what I can tell the only way to re-draft is to setup a new league which = pain in the ass.

You guys are going to have to decide what you'd like to do. I'll do whatever to make everyone happy. I really don't care either way except a new league would be a pain. I do know Purple People hadn't even setup his draft so he really doesn't care.

I was wondering why LT had slipped to the 9th pick but I wasn't going complain. If someone feels they were screwed out of a top 3 pick I'll trade LT for your top RB. I just want to make it right if I can.

rockgremlin
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Yahoo.... :roll:

Setting up a new league is tricky because how can we guarantee that the same problem doesn't occur again?

Anyone else wanna weigh in on how to make this right?

I don't hear anything out of Mr. "I-got-the-best-picks-out-of-the-draft-at-the-expense-of-the-guys-ahead-of-me-in-the-draft" (ICE).

Suggestions?

Iceaxe
08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Just got back into the office.

First off..... How can you tell what the actual draft order was? Before anything is done I would want to see clear proof that Yahoo screwed up and it was not the fault of individuals not understanding how to rank their players.

A re-draft would be no big deal to me since according to cccnelson I only jumped one place. My draft went exactly as planned with the exception of I ended up with Alexander instead of Tiki Barber.

Anyhoo..... Here are my thoughts......

1. We just live with it, but I was not one of the heavily effected. Moving one spot is not a big deal to me one way or the other.

2. It might not have been what we were expecting but it was random which makes it fair.

3. No matter what happens from this point on someone is going to feel screwed, this is a no win situation.

4. It took me a week to rank my players originally and I did not save a master list. I'm sure others spent similar amounts of time.

5. I'm not sure if it's even possible to notify everyone and have a second draft with the short time remaining..... if one person was left out of the re-draft notification it would not be a fair draft, which is probably worse then what we have now.

6. There is no promise that a second draft would not suffer the same errors....

7. A re-do is a lot of work for the commish

I'll support whatever the total group and/or the commish decides. If you want an actual vote from me I would say "Leave it as is".

:popcorn:

accadacca
08-29-2006, 01:14 PM
I would vote to leave it. Not enough time and I am still unsure of what happened exactly...if it makes sense and if there is an explanation?? :ne_nau:

I wonder if there is a global problem with their system? If something went wrong with ours, then surely other leagues would be having issues too.

Iceaxe
08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
I know this draft is a big turd sandwich. Everyone needs to take a big bite.

Here is what we should do so no one feels cheated to bad....... The team you drafted is the team you are stuck with. If anyone wants out before the first game then we refund your money and lock the refund teams players so they are not available to anyone else.

The league can sell a refund/locked team before the second week of the season if we can find any takers.

Fair enough? Anyone have a major problem with that idea? Anyone want their money back?

This is really the call of the league commish......

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
From the 2006 FF Thread.....

Yahoo is super weird, i excluded all kickers and defenses and what does yahoo do? Drafts me a kicker and the Green bay defense in the 8th and 9th rounds.WTF? Overall i'm semi-pleased, with Palmer, James, and Jordan i should be able to put up some #'s.

The Yahoo rules state that a COMPLETE starting team will be selected BEFORE a bench is selected no matter how you set your draft line-up.

And I'm also still waiting for someone to prove to me the draft was screwed up.... and not the result of individuals.

rockgremlin
08-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I know this draft is a big turd sandwich. Everyone needs to take a big bite.

Here is what we should do so no one feels cheated to bad....... The team you drafted is the team you are stuck with. If anyone wants out before the first game then we refund your money and lock the refund teams players so they are not available to anyone else.

The league can sell a refund/locked team before the second week of the season if we can find any takers.

Fair enough? Anyone have a major problem with that idea? Anyone want their money back?

I think this is fair. I didn't think my roster would look like it does now....but I guess I'm in good company.

Let's try and make the best of it.

nelsonccc
08-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Just got back into the office.

First off..... How can you tell what the actual draft order was? Before anything is done I would want to see clear proof that Yahoo screwed up and it was not the fault of individuals not understanding how to rank their players.

Go here. Also you can go to draft central on Yahoo in our league, click view all (top right) to see all draft picks and order.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/210692/draftresults?drafttab=team

This shows the draft order from top right to bottom. The number in paranthesis (sp?) is the pick # or where in the draft the player was selected. So for example, Ice picked Alexander first for on his team for the third pick in our draft. Then his second pick was for C. Williams for the overall 18th pick in our draft.

Like I mentioned before, i ended up picking in the same spot anyways so i'm not too concerned either way, I only mentioned it since there seemed to be some confusion on how Tomlinson went 9th, etc..

My guess is that when ICTHYS set the draft order, somehow Yahoo screwed it up when our league was set to autodraft. This happened to one of our work leagues last year, but in that case we just scrapped it and re drafted with a live draft(easy since everybodys in the office). It's a commisioner call on how to handle the situation. And i agree with Ice, it was still random but it may not feel that way to somebody else who ranked their players off being first or second in the draft then actually went tenth. For example if your Rusty and you know you're getting your first pick then you pre-draft ranking might have WR for the 2nd through 8th spots so what happens is that you really end up going 5th and getting a WR with your first pick instead of a top 5 RB.

You got to admit it's pretty funny when the commisioner goes from 10th to 1st. If he wasn't from utah i'd think somethign fishy was going on. JK. :lol8: I'm just teasing. It doesn't matter what you Utah boys have, you're still going down.

Iceaxe
08-29-2006, 02:45 PM
icthys been our league commish before and has always been fair. There is no need for him to offer up special deals like trading away his RB, its not his fault something screwed up. We are all in the same boat..... we either have a complete redo or live with the hand we were dealt..... and it sounds like live with it is the current choice.

Hell..... this will just make it more fun because you have to work with an unexpected draft choice.

I still submit that the league offer to buy back any team before the first game is played if anyone feels extremely cheated. (the final payout would be adjusted accordingly). Outside of that I vote GAME ON!

:2thumbs:

icthys
08-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm in the buck up and just play crowd. Other than my first pick (and that goes for everyone) the rest of the draft went exactly how I planned it out. Other than the top pick you have to idea who you are getting from pick 2-5000. I've offered LT to live2ride for his Tiki Barber which I am fine with. For all I or we know our top picks will end up being a flop (happened to me last year). In my experience winning FF doesn't just come down to your top pick but who you play each week, who you pick up on waivers, and who you freaking sit on the bench. Also, in a 10 team league you end up getting many more top players than you do in a 12 player league and should compensate for 1 or 2 people getting the shaft.

If someone wants to opt out and get their $20 back I will do it but my competitive nature would tell you to deal with what went on and beat everyone else through finding the sleeper that is going to make the difference.

Just for information I was just fine picking 9th, it meant I also picked 12th, two picks in the top 12 was just DANDY with me. Now I've got two picks in the top 20 which doesn't sit as nice with me as two picks in the top 12. I'm not trying to pull a fast one on anyone.

If you're pissed stay in the league and me and you can figure out how to make it all better.

nelsonccc
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
If someone wants to opt out and get their $20 back I will do it but my competitive nature would tell you to deal with what went on and beat everyone else through finding the sleeper that is going to make the difference.

If you're pissed stay in the league and me and you can figure out how to make it all better.

I thought of an easy way to fix this. Here in Vegas a certain sexual favor costs $20 (if you're lucky its not a tranny). In any case, what we do here in our UUtah Fantasy Footbal league is have anybody who moved up a spot in the draft perform a sexual favor on somebody who moved down in the draft. For example, I didn't move at all so I don't give or recieve a sexual favor, however; Wasps who moved from 9th to 1st has to perform a sexual favor on somebody who went down, such as Rusty Trombone (1st to 5th). Whereas Ice (4th to 3rd) needs to perform said favor on Purple (3rd to 9th) and so on....

Seems fair to me. Really, it's the only way those who got screwed can get a little back....if you know what I mean. :haha:

Iceaxe
08-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Bend over and get your pants off...... :lol8:

live2ride
08-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I got F'd and might as well throw the towell in, I didn't even mess with my draft order beacause I didnt want something to happen? Yeah I will bitch cause I got raped and didnt get the #1 pick and so on??

Wasatch Rebel
08-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Yahoo probably reverted to its default. Since I moved up three places in the first round I also got the shaft in the second, where I would've had some nice players still left if we had gone by the original draft order. So as far as I'm concerned, this quote
I thought of an easy way to fix this. Here in Vegas a certain sexual favor costs $20 (if you're lucky its not a tranny). In any case, what we do here in our UUtah Fantasy Footbal league is have anybody who moved up a spot in the draft perform a sexual favor on somebody who moved down in the draft. For example, I didn't move at all so I don't give or recieve a sexual favor, however; Wasps who moved from 9th to 1st has to perform a sexual favor on somebody who went down, such as Rusty Trombone (1st to 5th). Whereas Ice (4th to 3rd) needs to perform said favor on Purple (3rd to 9th) and so on....

Seems fair to me. Really, it's the only way those who got screwed can get a little back....if you know what I mean.

is null and void. But if we decide to go this sexual favor route. I will want my money back!! :lol8: :haha:

icthys
08-30-2006, 06:14 AM
I got F'd and might as well throw the towell in, I didn't even mess with my draft order beacause I didnt want something to happen? Yeah I will bitch cause I got raped and didnt get the #1 pick and so on??

I already told you I'd give you LT, in my opinion he should be #1 in every draft, if you still want to bitch and quit where do I send the money?

rockgremlin
08-30-2006, 07:02 AM

C'mon Live2ride. Take up Icthys's offer for LT, quit whining, buck up and play!

Don't be a party pooper.

icthys
08-30-2006, 07:06 AM
As far as I can tell we've only got one that wants out, hopefully I can find a replacement. If I can't I will take over his team, if I feel like it I'll put up another $20 and increase my chances for winning some money. If anyone else would like to take up a second team that'd be fine (if you do no stacking up one team). If I or no one else wants to put in $20 for the team I will take over the team and play it like the team should be played. I will then adjust the wining amounts to $90, $55, and $35. If the team ends up being one of the top 3 teams I'll just move it out and pay the top 3 paying teams their winnings (this would also increase chances for winning some money as long as you get in the playoffs, it also means if you end up 4th place you win money).

This was an auto draft, the auto draft sucks, next year if I decide to run another UUTAH league it won't be an auto draft and it may not even be yahoo. I'm sorry this mix up happened, shit happens also.

Frankly I'm not interested in listening to people complain about the "screwed up draft" anymore. I started this league so that we could have a good time playing as a community. I decided to add the $20 fee to try and keep all the players playing all year long and to make it a little more interesting and fun. This is not a big money league and it should not be treated as one. I don't want to hear anyone complain about the draft from here on out, especially in the middle and end of the season. Your players may take a crap and that happens all the time, but don't blame it on the draft. I've said it before but I'll say it again, beyond the first few picks you don't have much control as to what player you'll get, the only control you have in a auto draft is what postion you will draft (and that's only good up until about the 3rd maybe 4th round).

Let's forget about what has happened and let's have a good competitive season.

nelsonccc
08-30-2006, 08:34 AM
This was an auto draft, the auto draft sucks, next year if I decide to run another UUTAH league it won't be an auto draft and it may not even be yahoo. I'm sorry this mix up happened, shit happens also.

Frankly I'm not interested in listening to people complain about the "screwed up draft" anymore. I started this league so that we could have a good time playing as a community. Let's forget about what has happened and let's have a good competitive season.

LIVE DRAFT. Much nicer, total control over who and when you pick. Next year we do it that way. I'll set it up if you want.

I spent about a two hours going over everybodys teams this morning and even with the screwed up draft order the teams are actaully fairly balanced. Each team seems to have 1-3 solid players;

Daddy - eli, steve smith, T. owens w/ (unproven RB's)
Diddy - Green, chad Johnson, & Dunn
Vegas - Palmer, Jordan & e. James (no WR's)
Rusty - Culpepper, Fitzgerald, & tiki Barber
Landis - Eli Peyton, Holt & Harrison (no RB's)
Purple - Brady, Houzmanzadah, R. Johnson (solid Team)
Ice - Mc Nabb, Galloway, Alexander, & cadillac (perhaps the most rounded?)
Big Balls - Chambers, Portis, Jackson
Savage - Ward, Burress, l. Johnson
Wasps - Tomlinson, Moss (This is why you don't want to be first in a draft)

Pretty even in my opinion. This season will be all about the benches and the waivers. Should be interesting.

rockgremlin
08-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Live2Ride seriously wants out?

Hey I've got a friend here in Monticello who wanted in, but found out about our league a little too late. I'm sure he would jump at the chance to take Live2Ride's spot.

Can I tell him?

Iceaxe
08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah.... I can easily sell any of these teams around the office before the first weekend. Tell Live-2-Ride to either shit or get off the pot :hurryup:

:haha:

shanehadman
08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Just leave it and make trades if you want to make your team better :2thumbs:

Its not liked anyone paid extra $$$$$ to get the #1 pick

No more bitchin!!!!!!!!!

icthys
08-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Live2Ride seriously wants out?

Hey I've got a friend here in Monticello who wanted in, but found out about our league a little too late. I'm sure he would jump at the chance to take Live2Ride's spot.

Can I tell him?

I'll give him to the end of the day.

BTW I've already sent him a trade offer.

Wasatch Rebel
08-30-2006, 12:34 PM
I really don't give a hoot about it, but I can't spin it because I got elevated from 5th to 2nd. I'm in. Last year I drafted 12th in the first round and still managed to finish 5th in the league without knowing what the heck I was doing for the first few weeks. I think Icthys is doing as good a job as possible for someone who volunteered to do it and deserves some thanks.

live2ride
08-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry,

I am out of town and just was able to plug into the internet. I havent had a chance to see any yahoo stuff. Anyway, I dont think it is fair for me to take the trade, I was just mixing the pot!!! LOL, you guys freaked out!! If its not fair for me to be the only one to take a trade, or get the easy way out. I roll with the puches, but man this is a touchy subject for everyone, does 20$ really fire you up that much. Alright, I am in Casper WY and my connection keeps failing, dont try to sell the team. I will just remember to bitch at the end of the season if I do loose, its an easy out for me.

accadacca
08-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Good to hear...

Live2ride is in lets roll. :cool2: