PDA

View Full Version : Doug Miller's Passing

wojo342
08-21-2006, 06:05 AM
I saw on the news last night that Doug Miller from Channel 2 News passed away. He was a great advocate for the sport of ATVing and was also an informed source for all outdoor activities. I, for one, will miss his stories.

shlingdawg
08-21-2006, 06:31 AM
It's a sad deal. He was my hero in that he had the job that every outdoor enthusiast wanted. He did a great job in what he did as well.

I remember about a year ago driving to work, I saw him in his Ford F250 next to me. Someone cut him off and he didn't get all pissed off or anything, I was surprised.

A good, genuine guy.

Sombeech
08-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Oh man! :eek2: I heard he was sick, but I didn't know it was life-threatening.

rockgremlin
08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
He died of "infection due to diverticulitis." Isn't diverticulitis caused when you hold your farts in too long?

accadacca
08-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah sad deal. I have been watching him for years and years...great show and a great guy. :sad:

shagster
08-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Well I for one will miss this man and all the excellent information he brought to us in our house holds. I have always coveted the job that he had, but I don't think that anyone will ever fill the boots that he left. He was a great man. On another note, I heard he passed away from Septicemia, or poisoning of the blood which was caused by the case of Diverticulitis. All I can say is that I hope to meet up with him again in the Happy Hunting Grounds.

Wasatch Rebel
08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Noun 1. diverticulitis - inflammation of a diverticulum in the digestive tract (especially the colon); characterized by painful abdominal cramping and fever and constipation

Sorry to see that he died. I always wanted his job, but I never wanted to see him lose it like this.

offpiste
08-23-2006, 08:37 PM
He was a great advocate for us all. He will be missed greatly in many respects.