PDA

View Full Version : FIRST ROUND?

icthys
08-16-2006, 02:06 PM
The more I think about it the more the auto draft sucks. I'm setting my own rankings and I'm going to try and figure out with the help of my crystal ball how the first few rounds will pan out.

To help those who want to set their rankings I thought it might be helpful to let the secret out of the bag as to what postion you'll be drafting in the first round only.

I'll be drafting a RB, anyone else want to join in?

nelsonccc
08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
RB, unless everybody is gone. I think I'm sixth. Which means I'll still be going for a RB. Why don't you guys leave Johnson for me.

Iceaxe
08-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm planning on drafting Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander as my running backs. Then I thought I'd take Payton as the QB. Perhaps Steve Smith and Terrell Owns as my recievers..... so don't any of you guys draft these player.... OK?

:roflol:

You guys are already toast.... might as well just send my the cash now...

:popcorn:

accadacca
08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I haven't analyzed it that much yet... :ne_nau: I need to have a look.

Wasatch Rebel
08-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Where does it say what position I am in the draft? That would definitely be helpful to know.

icthys
08-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Where does it say what position I am in the draft? That would definitely be helpful to know.

Now that's funny

rockgremlin
08-17-2006, 07:32 AM

Now that's funny!

rockgremlin
08-17-2006, 07:47 AM
What's wrong with the auto draft? Why do you dislike it?

icthys
08-17-2006, 09:21 AM
What's wrong with the auto draft? Why do you dislike it?

It's impossible to get exactly who you want unless you have the first 2-3 picks. Plus I have an order of what positions I like to pick in each round, the auto makes it difficult to choose the position you want in every single round.

I've changed my mind, I'm taking a kicker for my first pick.

Iceaxe
08-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Don't worry Icthys..... I pick 4th and I promise from that point on everything else will be messed up :lol8:

I'm drafting a complete team of kickers..... nothing but kickers.... :2thumbs:

icthys
08-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Will you trade me one?

Iceaxe
08-17-2006, 11:35 AM
A couple of things I am a little confused about this auto draft..... does it pick all your starting positions before it attempts to fill in your reserves?

What if I put all the kickers on the DO NOT DRAFT list. does it leave the kicker blank or select the next hightest player from your list?

icthys
08-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Ah ha! the great auto draft questions.

It's taken me a few years for my simple mind to figure out the auto draft. The first year I ranked my players I ended up drafting a defense in the second round! among other stupid things. With money on the line I'm not about to tell all my secrets.

I excluded all my kickers last year then picked one up on the waivers list. he ended up being one of the top kickers that year. I did the same thing with my defense, I excluded all of them and picked one up off waivers.

Iceaxe
08-17-2006, 12:22 PM
If you put all the kickers on the DO NOT DRAFT list. does it leave the kicker blank or select the next hightest player from your list?

From your answer I assume that if you put all kickers on the do not draft list the auto pick chooses anther player for you......

But then again.... if I remember correctly.... your team sucked last year and the first three teams were picked completely by auto.... :lol8:

rockgremlin
08-17-2006, 12:23 PM
All's fair in love, war, and fantasy football!! :nod:

Wasatch Rebel
08-17-2006, 12:28 PM

Now that's funny.

Okay, what I meant was, how do we know the draft order? Is it 30 minutes prior to the draft?

icthys
08-17-2006, 12:41 PM

Now that's funny.

Okay, what I meant was, how do we know the draft order? Is it 30 minutes prior to the draft?

:chairshot:

Ya gotta read the forums man
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3220

I know who I'm going to try and trade with!

icthys
08-17-2006, 12:44 PM
If you put all the kickers on the DO NOT DRAFT list. does it leave the kicker blank or select the next hightest player from your list?

From your answer I assume that if you put all kickers on the do not draft list the auto pick chooses anther player for you......

But then again.... if I remember correctly.... your team sucked last year and the first three teams were picked completely by auto.... :lol8:

if I remember correctly my 1st rnd pick was the biggest bust of the year.

But yeah, I've had chicks play as fill-ins that hardly knew what football was win the league because of the auto draft.

If you exclude all kickers you won't draft a kicker and the auto draft will pick the next available player on your list regarless of the postion.

Wasatch Rebel
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Ya gotta read the forums man
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3220

I know who I'm going to try and trade with!

Oh...oops, I never found that thread when I went to "posts since last visit". Yep, you know who to trade with now! :nod:

nelsonccc
08-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Did we ever decide when the draft was going to be?

rockgremlin
08-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Did we ever decide when the draft was going to be?

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

You and jimflint1 should get together and go bowling.

icthys
08-18-2006, 08:36 AM
:rifle:

I will be shooting myself this afternoon if anyone wonders where I've been.

accadacca
08-18-2006, 10:24 AM
:rifle:

I will be shooting myself this afternoon if anyone wonders where I've been.
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Wasatch Rebel
08-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey, give me a break--I rolled all you guys in basketball! :bootyshake:
I can't help it if this is only the second time I've ever played football--it's hard for someone as old as me to remember things from one year to the next. Wait till you get senile. :lol8:

rockgremlin
08-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Awwwww, you're not senile.... :nono:

Ya just need to read the relevant posts before asking questions. :haha:

Iceaxe
08-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah.... illiterate and senile are two different things :haha:

accadacca
08-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I think he's just putting us all on... :bootyshake:

Wasatch Rebel
08-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah.... illiterate and senile are two different things :haha:

C'mon Ice Axe, at least I'm not ripping my employer off by spending waaayy too much time on the web on a daily basis! :lol8: :lol8:

Then again, if Arby's paid you enough, you could buy your own computer! :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Iceaxe
08-20-2006, 09:18 PM
FYI - I work at Mikey D's.....

:2thumbs: :lol8: