PDA

View Full Version : New Mion Fast Canyon Shoe

Angel
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Mion Fast Canyon Shoes

A shoe company that caters primarily to canyoneering shoes, they have some interesting products that could provide a decent approach shoe. Most prominently, the Fast Canyon shoe has a sandal base with a removable neoprene sock for canyoneers. While it is available in full sizes only, it has some neat features including: Super strong Velcro on the neoprene sock, a single cord that runs throughout the shoe for a perfectly snug fit, and a memory foam sole that takes about 12 hours to mold to your foot creating a shoe that fits you perfectly!

The Mion Fast Canyon will be available in both mens and womens designs.

Alex
08-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Where do one of these sell?

Iceaxe
08-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Here is their website

Mion Footwear
http://www.mionfootwear.com

I believe the shoe is scheduled for release later this year in time for the 2007 season. The shoe was on display at the just completed Outdoor Retailers Show.

Personally I am NOT a fan of any type sandal for canyoneering. I would hold off buying a pair until a few reviews from actual CP canyoneers come out. Every Sandal I have seen to date is totally worthless for any hardcore use......

:popcorn:

Alex
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Good to know, thanks

utidcapaco
08-16-2006, 06:34 AM
I did go through Mystery and Pine Creek once with a guy who wore Chaco sandals, but I'm going to have to agree with Ice: nothing beats a sturdy, lightweight pair of hiking shoes/boots. Other alternatives get filled with sand, gravel, and totally thrashed. I prefer mid-cut boots for the ankle protection & support and for the sturdy sole. Unfortunately, my favorite pair is ready for the great canyon in the sky. Time to find a replacement. . .