PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell (Bullfrog) Conditions

rockgremlin
08-14-2006, 07:19 AM
The in-laws brought their ski boat down to Powell over the weekend. We met up with them at Bullfrog Marina. We took the ferry over from Halls Crossing.

The weather was perfect. Mid-upper 90's, scattered showers in the late afternoon. The lake levels are currently 90 feet below full pool. Bullfrog Marina actually wasn't as crowded as I anticipated. Parking lots were only half full, and the water/launch ramp wasn't crowded at all. Gas at the Conoco at Bullfrog is at $3.23/gallon.

On Saturday, we took a trip up to Forgotten Canyon, and took a short hike (maybe 0.2 miles) upcanyon to see the restored Defiance House Ruins. Very cool!! After that, we pulled the tube full of kids behind us to Lost Eden Canyon, and did a little cliff jumping.

Sunday we spent all day on water skis in Halls Crossing Bay. :cool2: I wish we would've remembered our camera!

With that much fun just a short drive away, I'm currently looking for a good ski boat. :2thumbs:

Alex
08-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Dude, that's like the third time I hear you forget your camera whenever one is needed! :frustrated:
Glad you had a great time! :2thumbs:

accadacca
08-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah we might have to revoke his membership on that camera deal. :bash:

Sombeech
08-22-2006, 09:46 PM
I wish we would've remembered our camera!

That is offensive language here. Don't make me do it....

http://uutah.com/forum/files/moderated.gif