PDA

View Full Version : The Hail Storm from Hell!!

James_B_Wads2000
08-12-2006, 11:53 PM
You got to love summer time storms. I was in my house Saturday afternoon minding my own business when the rainstorm got really loud. I opened the front door and saw one-inch hail falling from the sky I rushed to get my camera, but buy the time I went back outside it has started to die down. I snapped a few pics and when back in the house, little did I know that was just Round-One. As I was downloading the pics to my computer Round-Two started. This time it was much more intense and lasted for 5-6min. I ran outside and took a bunch of pics as the hail began to pile-up on the ground. My wife ran out to cover her car with a blanket to try and stop the hail from denting it. The extension on the rain gutters clogged up with hail and water began to back up the down-spout.

Well round two ended and my wife was called her parents to tell them about the excitement. They came over to survey the damage. I had just finished downloading my new pics and wouldn

Mtnman1830
08-13-2006, 12:06 AM
:lol8: LOL :roflol:

You didn't help the wife cover the cars???

You just took her pic?

sounds like something I would do

DickHead
08-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Them blankets aren't gonna do much if the hail gets big enough to cause vehicle damage. She's lucky it didn't get bigger all the sudden, larger hail can kill a person....

accadacca
08-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Wow! :eek2: Yeah my wife said we had some hail too...but nothing like that. Awesome pictures. Friday night at my house a crazy storm came through. It was very loud thunder, intense lightning and some heavy rain. Lighting up our room and we thought the thunder was going to wake up the kids. I haven't heard it that loud in the city for a long time. It sounded like we were in the mountains. Anyone else hear the storm on Friday night?

James_B_Wads2000
08-13-2006, 11:23 AM
:lol8: LOL :roflol:
You didn't help the wife cover the cars???
You just took her pic?
sounds like something I would do

Well in my haste to run out and take pics I forgot to put shoes on or grab an umbrella. Once I got to the south side of the house to see if my car was hit, I kind of got trapped there. The wind was coming from the north and the house was blocking most of the hail from hitting me. Once I saw they weren

DickHead
08-13-2006, 08:41 PM
It is genuine concern. After living where it really hails, I've seen what it can do. I'm pretty sure the umbrella, nor the towels, would have had any effect had the hail gotten bigger while she was out there. I've seen it start as itty bitty pieces, and then suddenly it's raining golfballs....