PDA

View Full Version : ATTN UUTAH FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYERS

icthys
08-09-2006, 07:20 AM
9 have paid, of those 9 only 6 have signed up and created a team, the other 3 need to get it done.

We also need one more player. It's $20 to get in with a $100 pay off for the first place team, $60 for second, and $40 for third. We've got some good players and the season is going to be a lot of fun. Let me know if you want to play.

nelsonccc
08-09-2006, 09:21 AM
i want in. If there is a spot available i'll pay today and signup as soon as i receive the info.

rockgremlin
08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
i want in. If there is a spot available i'll pay today and signup as soon as i receive the info.

I'm not surprised -- nelsonccc is from Vegas. :lol8:

icthys
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM

I sent you a PM

nelsonccc
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM

I'm not surprised -- nelsonccc is from Vegas. :lol8:

What can I say? I'm a gambler through and through. Maybe my team will be the Vegas Strippers, that seems to be a popular topic on these forums. I hope all these utah boys can handle the heat a vegas guy will bring to the league. Icthys - just paypal'd you the $.

rockgremlin
08-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Maybe my team will be the Vegas Strippers

YES!! Awesome idea! :popcorn:

I hope all these utah boys can handle the heat a vegas guy will bring to the league.

Bring it....BIATCH!!!!

accadacca
08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the leauge...now get ready to get rolled by Big Balls. :bandit2:

icthys
08-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Perfect! We've got 10 paying players. That will close this league up unless the two that aren't creating their teams never get it together.

As far as I can tell sreed and his buddy are the two that need to create a team (after stripper boy gets his game on).

Iceaxe
08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Maybe my team will be the Vegas Strippers.

Strippers :slobber:

live2ride
08-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Where the hell are we supposed to be creating out teams at? Did I miss something?

accadacca
08-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Where the hell are we supposed to be creating out teams at? Did I miss something?
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

Bring it! :duel:

nelsonccc
08-09-2006, 03:45 PM

Don't even bother. You're just going to get owned anyways. Just go ahead and name your team "Nelson's Biotch." :haha:

Sombeech
08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
As far as I can tell sreed and his buddy are the two that need to create a team

I think they were just online creating their teams today. I think shanehadman's team is something like P-diddy (something), and I forgot what sreed's was. I'll email them this link tonight and make sure they get in.

bruce from bryce
08-09-2006, 07:24 PM
My apologies, but I am withdrawing my application to your league.

I am already enrolled in two leagues and I could not do justice to this one also.

Go men na sai!

Wasatch Rebel
08-09-2006, 08:25 PM
When is our draft scheduled?

icthys
08-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Looks like Live2ride is the last to sign up, I just sent him the info so I assume he'll be ready to go today sometime.

Once all are signed up I'll give you a week to set your draft order if you wish then I'll set the league to "Ready to Draft" and it will take a few days for the draft to happen.

nelsonccc
08-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Live draft or auto draft? Advantages to both. Live draft is nice cause we get to manually pick our players.

Iceaxe
08-10-2006, 08:46 AM
We do an Auto draft, mostly because its impossible to get everyone together..... but.... you do have some control over who you draft. You can pick your draft order preference.

Just go to your team and click:

Pre-Draft Rankings

Then Click:

Edit My Rankings.

At that point you can select the order you would like to have players drafted in.

:cool2:

nelsonccc
08-10-2006, 09:40 AM
We do an Auto draft, mostly because its impossible to get everyone together..... but.... you do have some control over who you draft. You can pick your draft order preference.

Just go to your team and click:

Pre-Draft Rankings

Then Click:

Edit My Rankings.

At that point you can select the order you would like to have players drafted in.

:cool2:

The problem with that is that who I want to draft can change depending on who's availbale. For example lets say i'm fourth in the draft and according to yahoo pre-draft that gives me portis (assuming alexander, tomlinson and johnson are gone) but maybe I decide I'd rather have Manning since i can't get one of the top three RB's. Too late. Even if i modify my pre-draft rankings it can be trouble. For example i put manning as #1, but i only want him as #1 if I'm not one of the first 3-4 drafters or else i end up with manning and a shitty rb. make sense? Tough to put into writing, but basically you can make spot decisions at the moment on who you're going to draft w/ the live draft option.

Live draft just requires that all managers be at a computer for an hour or so. Each manager gets 90 seconds to pick a player, then yahoo automatically moves onto the next manager. For those managers who can't guarantee to be at a computer during the actual Live Draft have nothing to worry about since Yahoo simply chooses for you after 90 seconds based on your pre-draft rankings. So for those of us who want Live draft we get what we want and so does the guy who just wants to let Yahoo choose based on his pre-draft rankings. What do you guys think?

Iceaxe
08-10-2006, 10:26 AM
I understand.... but everyone is dealing with the same limitations so it all equals out in the end. We have discussed a live draft before but could never get everyone together.

It's Itchy's league so its his call..... I'm happy either way.... but the only way a live draft is fair is if all participate live. The Auto method worked well last year and everyone was happy. YMMV

And your example above is flawed.... in your example you would put Manning #4. If the three best backs are gone you get Manning at #4.

:popcorn:

nelsonccc
08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
It's Itchy's league so its his call..... I'm happy either way.... but the only way a live draft is fair is if all participate live. The Auto method worked well last year and everyone was happy. YMMV
:popcorn:

I'm fine either way as well. Having participated in both types of Yahoo drafts, i found it funner to do the Live draft, but either way works for me.

icthys
08-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Here's the "making it to complicated" answer.

Everyone is under the impression it is an auto draft when they signed up. Some may not have signed up if they had to take an hour or so at a designated time for a live draft. If you can't make the live draft you get the auto draft anyway which makes me think you'd get a crappy draft if you're the only one doing an auto when everyone else is doing it live.

Biggest reason. I've had a hell of a time collecting all the money and it's been ever tougher trying to get everyone signed up. Trying to get the word out and make sure 80-90% of us show up for a live draft would be a pain in the ass and a live draft without the majority of the players would suck ass.

The simple answer, we're doing an auto draft.

Iceaxe
08-10-2006, 11:50 AM
I agree.... it was advertised as an Auto draft when we signed up. Not fair to changes horses in the middle of the race.

Good Job Comish :2thumbs:

live2ride
08-10-2006, 11:52 AM
After weeks of deliberation and difficult times with the Live2ride squad. The former live2ride team has sold 51% of the franchise, since that change the live2ride team will now be known as "Rusty Trombones"
"

nelsonccc
08-10-2006, 03:12 PM
I agree.... it was advertised as an Auto draft when we signed up. Not fair to changes horses in the middle of the race.

Good Job Comish :2thumbs:

It's okay with me. i just was seeing if there was interest in a live draf. Maybe to make it fair all you Utah boys should do a Live draft and I'll do Auto, then maybe you'll have a chance. :haha: Sorry....I can't help myslef.

Iceaxe
08-10-2006, 03:31 PM
:lol8: