PDA

View Full Version : Notch Peak Road

shaggy125
08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Question on the road used to access Notch Peak, how much road hiking will you be forced to do if you access it with a small civic-like vehicle? Thanks.

Eric.

James_B_Wads2000
08-09-2006, 08:37 AM
If you

RedMan
08-09-2006, 07:56 PM
I want to see a wingsuiter fly off of there. Would make awesome video.

shaggy125
08-09-2006, 08:04 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]If you

stefan
08-09-2006, 08:05 PM

i suppose this would be the place to do it! nice idea. i wonder if anyone has.

have you see the IMAX: adrenaline rush? sheesh the helmet-cam vid of the BASE-jumping off that cliff in norway ROCKS.

brettyb
08-24-2006, 04:19 PM
It's been a few years, but I remember getting to just past the cabin with my VW Jetta. This assumes you'll be using the most popular route, up Sawtooth Canyon. There was probably a mile or so of 'road walking' after that point.

In any case, the hike to the top of Notch Peak is one of my favorites in the state. I've done it twice. And it's certainly not terribly difficult as peaks inthe region go. I like desert mountain ranges to begin with, but the cliff face on Notch makes ones knees buckle. You hike for a couple hours through typcial P-J mountain scenery, then all of a sudden the land drops away, like a huge slice was cut out of the mountain. For a few in our party, we just couldn't bring ourselves to get close to the precipice, due to that irrational fear that some hidden force would push us over the edge. You'd get a LOT of freefall on that trip down.

Sombeech
08-24-2006, 06:02 PM

Grab your helmetcam and go for it! :cool2: