PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Kayaking cataract canyon

rock_ski_cowboy
08-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Here are some video clips from my family trip down cataract canyon last weekend. I took my Kayak down and it was a major learning experience. Lots of fun for sure, and although I improved my roll a lot by the end of the trip, its still far from bomb proof (as you'll see in the video clip). I should say that in the big class IV rapid just before this one, I totally nailed my roll-- too bad they couldn't get that on video. Anyhow, this is what Satan's Gut looks like in low water. Lots of rocks poking out and just under the surface, with just a few chutes to run through. i got to run it twice, once in my kayak and once in my dad's friend's boat because he wasn't feeling well. Heres the video of both. Fun stuff! I still get ticked off that I swam though. Next time, I'll be ready and won't be swimming, for sure!

Nevermind on the video clips. Looks like at 5.56 MB and 8 MB they're a little too big. Sorry!

DickHead
08-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Try photobucket....you can upload them there and link them here.
www.photobucket.com

Sombeech
08-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Nevermind on the video clips. Looks like at 5.56 MB and 8 MB they're a little too big. Sorry!

DUDE! You've got to throw them up on www.putfile.com. Just create a quick account, and you can upload files up to 25MB. Then just link to them, like I do.

Otherwise, you can just email them to me, and I'll put them up for you.

We've got to see them clips!! :cool2:

Alex
08-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Ya dude, or put them on video.google.com. I did mine last time and it was instant access to them. Though they do resize the videos somehow. We got to see the vids!

rock_ski_cowboy
08-16-2006, 09:48 AM
sorry I've been slow getting the video up. I'm moving and y'all know how that goes. They aren't amazing or anything... don't worry I won't forget to do it once we get internet at my new place.

utidcapaco
09-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok, we gave you a month. :wink:
Any luck with those videos?