PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Mountain Trout

chickenlicken
07-31-2006, 06:58 AM
We spent the part of last week exploring Boulder Mountain last week. I was rewarded with some great atving and some banner fishing moments. I hooked into this colorado greenback cutthroat and some nice brook, rainbow, and tiger trout. This was my first greenback cut, I was thrilled and amazed at the coloring of the trout. This big boy was safely released to fight another day.

icthys
07-31-2006, 08:28 AM
Very nice report. That cut is unbelievable! I need to get down to the boulders some day.

accadacca
07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Sweet! :bueller:

Sombeech
07-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Very nice report. That cut is unbelievable! I need to get down to the boulders some day.

Image bar candidate!

packfish
08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I will be at one of the trail-heads on the Boulders tomorrow by 9:00 a.m.
Hopefully the fishing will be as good as the last time I was there. It looks like I will be doing some rain camping. The Colorado cutts are nifty and there are a couple of lakes that they push 20" plus. I just haven't found the big brooks yet. Nest year the pack goats I am raising will be taking my float tube in for me.

packfish
08-08-2006, 07:54 AM
The Boulders tested every bit of gear I had this last week. From cheery sized hail to lightning hitting around us. Fihing was very good for large Colorado cutts for 2 days and then it just shut down. Had one very small creek that put out nice cutts but the lakes shut down.

chickenlicken
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
We were lucky with the weather, very light rain only one night. Disadvantage....super dusty on the trails. Where exactly did you get to?

packfish
08-09-2006, 07:04 AM
We went in the Kings Pasture area- spent 2 days there and then hiked over into the Green lake area and camped there for 2 days-
saw a bear in the berry patch that heightened the senses a bit.
I will be going back into another area in Sept.