PDA

View Full Version : New Pontoon! TR

DickHead
07-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Sorry, no pics. I meant to take some but was too busy trying to catch fish....
I bought an ODC Sport (http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php?primaryAutoID=6&Cat=Featured) pontoon boat not too long ago. We just moved into a rental, so I wasn't able to get it out of the box until this weekend.
First let me say, holy crap! These things are stable, fast with oars, and make great fishing craft. I took it to Jordanelle for about 6 hours yesterday morning, and it worked great! I was even able to tow a buddy in his float tube around
:haha:
The things that are missing:
Rod holders
Anchor point (for a little grappling hook anchor)
Folding seat put alot of pressure on my shoulder blades.

Being a shortie, its a slight stretch for me to reach the foot rests, even on thier shortest length.

All in all, the thing is fun.

shagster
11-14-2006, 12:36 PM
I am looking at getting me one of these for X-mas, do you have any pictures of the one you got?

Also does anyone else have a preference to any certain pontoon boats, or a certain length? :ne_nau: I am still undecided and would like to hear some opinions.

DickHead
11-14-2006, 12:47 PM
I am looking at getting me one of these for X-mas, do you have any pictures of the one you got?

Also does anyone else have a preference to any certain pontoon boats, or a certain length? :ne_nau: I am still undecided and would like to hear some opinions.
http://www.creekcompany.com mine is the ODC sport, its thier entry level 'toon
In utah you technically need a 9' 'toon to run moving water (like the Green River). Also, make sure you get one with enough weight capacity for you and your crap.

shagster
11-14-2006, 01:16 PM
This is the boat that I have been looking at.

Discover a new world of possibilities with the Discovery 9. This 9' pontoon boat will take you places on lakes and rivers that were inaccessible before. The 9' tubes offer increased tracking, a greater load capacity, and more stability than shorter pontoons. Its 600/1200 denier PVC outer skin with welded seams, tough vinyl bladders, a 6-piece aluminum frame, motor mount, anchor system and a rod holder round out the features of this river tough pontoon boat.

BOAT SPECS

Inflated Size: 50 x 108"
Weight: 54 lbs.
Frame: 5-pc Aluminum
Air Cell Type: Vinyl
Load Capacity: 400 lbs.
Seams: Sewn Warranty: 5 Year

Fabric Denier
600 PVC
1200 PVC

DickHead
11-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Discovery has a good rep as far as I can tell.
try this link on for size
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=81;

packfish
11-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Buck makes a good all around pontoon boat. I have gone thru a few different brands over the years and now have 3 Bucks. They are especially good on the river. The extreme and the bronco have gone over lunch counter many a time. I personally would get the clamp down oar locks , yours probably came with the O ring style and the oars can slide up or down. Problem with that if you are on a river is that a rock can shove one thru your teeth. Now with that being said, I will probably be selling 2 of mine so I can get a good 14 foot jon boat with a decent motor.
Pontoons are fun and they have their niche but as time goes on you find out a boat sure holds more beer.

shagster
03-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Today was the day, I finally got around to taking a few pictures of my new pontoon boat. I ended up with the Fish Cat Cougar boat made by Outcast. Here is the info. :blahblah:

The Cougar's quad pontoon design increases the load capacity, stability, tracking and offers less wind resistance than a conventional pontoon boat. These features combine to keep the season open longer by staying afloat in as little as 3" of water. Its 8-piece aluminum frame and 7' 4 piece oars makes for compact storage and easy transport.
BOAT SPECS

Inflated Size: 60" x 96"
Weight: 75 lbs.
Frame: 8-pc Aluminum
Air Cell Type: Vinyl
Load Capacity: 375 lbs.
Seams: Sewn Warranty: 5 Year

Fabric Denier
900 PVC
900 PVC

I can't wait to get out and use it, I am sure that I will be very happy with it. :2thumbs:

DiscGo
03-19-2007, 06:17 AM
It looks really nice! I'm jealous.