PDA

View Full Version : West Desert Rally Part 2: Warm Springs

James_B_Wads2000
07-26-2006, 08:54 AM
We drove from the Deep Creeks south to the Warm Springs near Gandy. They were great. There are a number of springs that come out of the mountain and flow down the hillside and collect into a stream that flows along its base. The mountain is made of limestone that turns the water slightly acidic and helps erode the mountain. One of these erosion features is a cave that water flows out of behind the falls. You can swim up this cave to a little cavern inside. The water was cool enough to be refreshing in the 100+ heat but warm enough for a first light dip. We camped here and headed to the nearby Bates ranch in the morning for our tour of Crystal Ball Cave.

James

desertrat222
11-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Gandy's Cool Oassis in the desert. Did you go in the Cave under the little falls?

We drove from the Deep Creeks south to the Warm Springs near Gandy. They were great. There are a number of springs that come out of the mountain and flow down the hillside and collect into a stream that flows along its base. The mountain is made of limestone that turns the water slightly acidic and helps erode the mountain. One of these erosion features is a cave that water flows out of behind the falls. You can swim up this cave to a little cavern inside. The water was cool enough to be refreshing in the 100+ heat but warm enough for a first light dip. We camped here and headed to the nearby Bates ranch in the morning for our tour of Crystal Ball Cave.

James

James_B_Wads2000
11-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Gandy's Cool Oassis in the desert. Did you go in the Cave under the little falls?

No, I am too claustrophobic. Once you go in a little ways it gets too dark and the current gets strong and I freak out. When we arrived there were three kids there that had masks and snorkels and they were in the cave. I talked with them and they believed that there was an underground passage that went all the way to the other side of the mountain. I just smiled, looked at the girl