PDA

View Full Version : Scout Bit By Black Bear On Camping Trip

accadacca
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh man and we are headed to bear country this next week. :eek2: :lol8:

-----------------------------------------------------

Jul 20, 2006 11:41 am US/Mountain
Scout Bit By Black Bear On Camping Trip

SPRINGVILLE A Boy Scout is recovering today after being bit by a black bear while on a camping trip in Utah County.

The scout was staying in the Left Fork of Hobble Creek Canyon with his scouting troop.

Authorities say the boy was sleeping in his tent when he woke up to a bear biting his way through the tent and into his upper arm.

Wildlife officials say they shot and killed the bear they when it returned to the Boy Scout camp.

The animal will be tested for rabies to determine if the young man who was bitten will have to undergo a series of rabis shots.

Experts say Utah has a good population of bears.

Tips to keep bears away:
- Store Food High
- Don't Approach a Mother and Cub
- Don't make eye contact
- Stay calm
- Make Noise
- Don't Run

Iceaxe
07-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Dang scouts.... off feeding the bears again :haha:

Sombeech
07-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Did the article mention that the scout had food in the tent?

Iceaxe
07-21-2006, 07:39 AM

You mean in addition to an arm? :haha:

Sombeech
07-21-2006, 08:12 AM

You mean in addition to an arm? :haha:

Deodorant was the seasoning on that piece of meat.

I'll have my own tent, accadacca is going to sleep outside in his bivy, :eek2: and the other 4 guys will be pairing up in their tents.

rock_ski_cowboy
07-21-2006, 08:25 AM
...and the other 4 guys will be pairing up in their tents.

WTF? Brokeback camping! :nod:

accadacca
07-21-2006, 08:41 AM
...and the other 4 guys will be pairing up in their tents.

WTF? Brokeback camping! :nod:
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Sombeech
07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
more like brokebear camping. Oh, and did I mention the 4 guys are sleeping in a 2 man tent? JK

shagster
07-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey you better be carefull there, I might just have to throw a piece of steak in your sleeping bag then we will see who's laughing :lol8: :lol8: !!!!

Iceaxe
07-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Please Bear With Me..... or.... Why can't I quit you, Patrick?....... :lol8:

Brokeback Bear

So, this guy retires after forty years on the job. But after a few months hanging around at home, he feels bored and depressed. He confesses this to a friend.

"Look," the friend tells him, "You need fresh air, exercise, and something to do. I've got a cabin in the Wasatch. Why don't you go up there for a few weeks and do some duck hunting?"

The guy agrees. He arrives at the cabin. Early the next morning, he takes his buddy's shotgun and sets out for a nearby lake. Along the way, he spots a huge bear sauntering through the woods.

Well, he thinks, why go for duck when I can bag a bear? So he takes aim and blasts both barrels.

To the guy's astonishment, the buckshot merely angers the bear. With an almighty roar, the bear turns around and charges the guy. Grasping him with his claws, the bear bends him over a tree stump and says, "Gonna shoot me, huh? Think you're a big man, huh?"

Then the bear pulls down the guy's pants and anally rapes him.

The guy staggers home. He's angry and humiliated. (Not to mention surprised at encountering a bear who speaks English.)

Determined to punish the bear, the guy searches his friend's cabin and finds an M16. The next morning, he sets out into the woods and sees the bear. The guy empties a magazine into the bear, full-auto, but once again it has little effect, and once again the bear runs him down and bends him over a stump.

"So, you didn't learn your lesson, huh? Still think you're gonna kill me, huh?" says the bear, preparatory to ass-raping the guy once more.

The guy limps back to the cabin, weeping in rage and frustration. This time he finds a bazooka.

Morning comes and the guy stalks through the woods. There's the bear. He fires a rocket at the animal. It explodes in a tree over the bear's head.

The bear bellows and starts running after the guy. After a long chase the bear corners him.

This time, though, the bear puts his arm around the guy's shoulders and looks deep into his eyes.

"This isn't about hunting, is it?" he asks.

:popcorn:

derstuka
07-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Please Bear With Me..... or.... Why can't I quit you, Patrick?....... :lol8:

Brokeback Bear

So, this guy retires after forty years on the job. But after a few months hanging around at home, he feels bored and depressed. He confesses this to a friend.

"Look," the friend tells him, "You need fresh air, exercise, and something to do. I've got a cabin in the Wasatch. Why don't you go up there for a few weeks and do some duck hunting?"

The guy agrees. He arrives at the cabin. Early the next morning, he takes his buddy's shotgun and sets out for a nearby lake. Along the way, he spots a huge bear sauntering through the woods.

Well, he thinks, why go for duck when I can bag a bear? So he takes aim and blasts both barrels.

To the guy's astonishment, the buckshot merely angers the bear. With an almighty roar, the bear turns around and charges the guy. Grasping him with his claws, the bear bends him over a tree stump and says, "Gonna shoot me, huh? Think you're a big man, huh?"

Then the bear pulls down the guy's pants and anally rapes him.

The guy staggers home. He's angry and humiliated. (Not to mention surprised at encountering a bear who speaks English.)

Determined to punish the bear, the guy searches his friend's cabin and finds an M16. The next morning, he sets out into the woods and sees the bear. The guy empties a magazine into the bear, full-auto, but once again it has little effect, and once again the bear runs him down and bends him over a stump.

"So, you didn't learn your lesson, huh? Still think you're gonna kill me, huh?" says the bear, preparatory to ass-raping the guy once more.

The guy limps back to the cabin, weeping in rage and frustration. This time he finds a bazooka.

Morning comes and the guy stalks through the woods. There's the bear. He fires a rocket at the animal. It explodes in a tree over the bear's head.

The bear bellows and starts running after the guy. After a long chase the bear corners him.

This time, though, the bear puts his arm around the guy's shoulders and looks deep into his eyes.

"This isn't about hunting, is it?" he asks.

:popcorn:

Ahhhhhh Ice?? I feel inclined to ask you if you secretly have a passion for "Broke Back Mountain?" This is like the 10th e-mail you have posted about it. :bootyshake:

Iceaxe
07-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Ahhhhhh Ice?? I feel inclined to ask you if you secretly have a passion for "Broke Back Mountain?" This is like the 10th e-mail you have posted about it. :bootyshake:

Not really.... but I do have a thing for pooping in the woods :hurryup:

:lol8:

derstuka
07-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Not really.... but I do have a thing for pooping in the woods :hurryup:

:lol8:

Kinda brings ya back to your roots, doesn't it?? Nothing like dumping in nature with the animals and the trees!

Iceaxe
07-23-2006, 05:18 PM
This bear was sitting on a log in the woods, taking a poop. Along came a rabbit.

The rabbit asked, "Do you mind if I join you?"

The bear replied "Suit yourself."

So there they both sat, taking a poop. After they were finished, the bear asked the rabbit, "Do you ever have a problem with poop sticking to your fur?"

The rabbit said, "No".

The bear says, "Good!" Then he grabs the rabbit and with a long sweeping motion wipes his ass..........

:haha: