PDA

View Full Version : New to forums in general

JimmyD
07-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey everybody,
I am new to this forum thing but I have been looking at this website for a couple weeks now and i thought i would start posting. My workload has almost completely disappeared for the moment and i am very bored during the day.

I like anything outdoors but i am most interested in climbing/bouldering, backpacking, hiking, fishing, motorcycles, wake and snowboarding, and I am starting to get into canyoneering.

Thats all for now i guess.

rockgremlin
07-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the site! Forums are great ways to kill time while at work. :haha:

Which canyons have you done?

JimmyD
07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
So far my list is pretty weak. I have done the subway from the top and bottom but I don't know if it counts if you dont have to use rope. Other than that I have done Larry canyon. I wish i could get out more but i have difficulties freeing up time and finding people to go.

Iceaxe
07-19-2006, 09:59 AM
So I have done the subway from the top and bottom

The Subway is Primo..... I get to do it again with my kids in a couple of weeks,

Welcome to the forum :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
07-19-2006, 10:09 AM
So far my list is pretty weak. I have done the subway from the top and bottom but I don't know if it counts if you dont have to use rope. Other than that I have done Larry canyon. I wish i could get out more but i have difficulties freeing up time and finding people to go.

Well, you shouldn't have any difficulties finding partners around here. There's always someone planning a trip around here.

The Subway definitely counts. I've done it numerous times - it's one of my favorites.

Sombeech
07-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the club, Jimmy! :cool2: Let's get some more wakeboarding pics up here!

I would have more of myself posted, but it just so happens that I'm the only one that knows how to work my camera! :frustrated:

accadacca
07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Welcome to da hood JimmyD! You'll fit right in here... :cool2:

Alex
07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the club, Jimmy! :cool2: Let's get some more wakeboarding pics up here!

I would have more of myself posted, but it just so happens that I'm the only one that knows how to work my camera! :frustrated:

Bleh, you and I should go hiking/camping together, then we'd get some pics of ourselves. I am usually the camera man with my groups, therefore I never have pics of me doing stupid crap :haha:

Anyways, Jimmy, this is a great place to hang out and share trail stories, pics and make fun of Somebeech's hair :eek2:, just kidding :five:

Sombeech
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
and make fun of Somebeech's hair

http://uutah.com/forum/Photos/RotatingBanner/L/29.jpg

JimmyD
07-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Let's get some more wakeboarding pics up here!

I challenge anyone to post a pic of a brighter wetsuit.

Sombeech
07-20-2006, 08:06 AM
There we go, some more wakeboarding pics. :2thumbs:

Is this an attempted "Raley" landing?
http://uutah.com/forum/files/plant.jpg

JimmyD
07-20-2006, 08:12 AM
I have tried raleys but there was a very painful outcome. Its actually a tantrum(a very strange one). Believe it or not I rode away from that. The way i landed those was hard on my feet. I tore some ligaments a while back and have been to cowardly to start doing them again. Maybe I will gather the nerve later this season.

Sombeech
07-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I hear ya brutha. I've screwed my knee a couple of times doing tantrums, and I have to slowly work back into it.

Hopefully I'll have a tantrum landed late this summer. I'll start trying again after our backpacking trip. I've got to make sure the knee is in good shape for the trip, then I'll get crazy again on the board.