PDA

View Full Version : Coheed and Cambria

Sombeech
07-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Somebody just told me to look up this dude's picture.

Anybody know what they sound like? Looks like an acoustic band?

Well anyways, here's another guy who looks like me.

PunchKing
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
I heard of this group from a friend of mine who is part of the "Emo Crowd." They are most definitely not acoustic closer to Punk Rock than anything else.

here is a link to some of there music.
http://www.teamataraxia.net/mp3/Coheed%20And%20Cambria%20-%20In%20Keeping%20Secrets%20Of%20Silent%20Earth%20 3/

I would just upload one of their songs but it would be to big.

Personally if I didn't steal their music I wouldn't have any, to emotional for me.

Iceaxe
07-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Well anyways, here's another guy who looks like me.

Anther Sasquatch sighting???? :ne_nau:

Damn.... they are all over hiding among us :lol8:

DaveOU812
07-13-2006, 01:13 PM
I know who they are. They just recently came to Salt Lake City with Avenged Sevenfold but couldn't find anyone to go with so I didn't go. I couldn't take the wife cause it was at Salt Aire and the last time I went there it got pretty wild. The dude can play his guitar. He's pretty good. I just think he sings like a girl. Kinda gay but theyre music is alright.

rock_ski_cowboy
07-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Coheed and Cambria are an interesting band. Yeah, definitely not acoustic. Very talented and original. They incorporate relatively few hooks into their music and rarely have a verse/chorus format. I really like a few of their songs, but haven't gotten very into them because the lead singer's really high voice kinda bugs me (kind of Rush-ish--) . I think they get labeled "Progressive Rock" with definite punk roots and 70's (Floyd, Zeppelin) and probably some metal influences. Supposedly, their songs and albums are all telling different parts of one comic-bookish sci-fi story, so its not really emo in the emo sense of the word although they seem to put a lot of emotion, energy, and focus into their music. Yeah the lead singer has sweet hair! :afro: :rockon:

DickHead
07-14-2006, 09:13 AM
All ya'll need to really, really get Sirius (http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1018209032790). It freakin rocks. They play alot of stuff you just don't hear on the radio normally. Octane 20 plays Coheed and Cambria, among all kinds of other stuff that doesn't usually get played on the pathetic wastes of FM modulation, such as 96.3, etc.