PDA

View Full Version : july 18 - 21

goofball
07-11-2006, 09:24 PM
anyone interested in canyons during this time ? plan on hitting the swell area. 1 - explore soem stuff i have never heard mention of. 2 - want to hit upper iron wash. 3 - maybe segers hole or baptist/chute loop, or just upper chute in tis entirety.

i leave the 15th for 2 weeks of play and this is my last gap in time to fill.

rockgremlin
07-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I wish it was the last weekend in July. I gotta work that week. :frustrated:

If you are gonna do Chute in it's entirety, be prepared to go swimming in a large sewage pothole, located just above the junction with Baptist Draw.

I did it last summer: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=747

From what I hear, that pothole never gets cleaned out. It's been like that for years. Nevertheless, don't let that deter you, Upper Chute is a great canyon, with lots of scenic stuff! :2thumbs:

ajroadtrips
07-12-2006, 10:41 AM
If you are gonna do Chute in it's entirety, be prepared to go swimming in a large sewage pothole, located just above the junction with Baptist Draw.

Memorial Day weekend I went down upper chute from Taylor Flat, and out Fault Junction. I only got wet to knee deep early on, everything else was dry or stemmable. Due to the large drainage area, I think upper Chute water levels vary a lot depending on how it's been scoured... Nice canyon.

rockgremlin
07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I only got wet to knee deep early on, everything else was dry or stemmable.

Lucky!!

goofball
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
i keep hearing chute in its entirety is a nice one. i hope to have all canyons i do as wet as possible. after all, it is july ! nothing like baking in the heat to escape it in the cool, watery confines of a slot. or even just a nice pool to douse myself in. love the extremes...

accadacca
07-12-2006, 08:37 PM
I loved upper chute and I am a real expert too. :bueller: